Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Clomid dosage question

So we've been trying for almost a year now and haven't been getting pregnant. We were always able to within three months in the past, so this has been really frustrating for us. We dropped the FR two months ago and still not happening. I have an appointment with an RE in two months and DH is at the point where he is having problems being able to do his "contribution" as he is getting fed up with ttc and the scheduled bd-ing. I'm afraid that he will want to quit ttc soon. I ordered clomid online and plan to start it myself soon to try and get pregnant and still sway girl. I'm not sure whether I should start at 25 mg or 50 mg dose though. I'm scared of the risk of multiples but also scared of never having any more children.
    As for girl swaying we've gradually dropped down to just doing the diet and one attempt.

Any thought?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you temping or OPKing?

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I use opk's and monitor cervical mucus. I wake at inconsistent times so temping won't work for me.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You get regular AFs that aren't light but proper bleeding for days? FYI, I have a very erratic schedule eand temp at different times every day but I still find temps enormously useful. As long as I temp after my biggest chunk of unbroken sleep, of at least 3 hours, I get reliable temps. Temping vaginally helps too.

I would personally want to confirm that you're Oing via temps, ultrasound, or blood work before using clomid and also to help decide on the best dose and days to take it. What CD do you typically think you O on? How long is your average LP?

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do get regular AFs that last about 5-6 days. I usually ovulate day 17 but have had some either earlier or later. My CM dries up very quickly after ovulation for me as well. I had a blood draw last cycle 7 days past ovulation to check my progesterone level to make sure I ovulated, which was 16.7, which confirmed I ovulated & was within a good progesterone range. My LP is 12 - 13 days long.
    I can try to temp again, it just didn't work for me in the past due to waking at odd times.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is DH releasing every 2-4 days on his own? or abstaining?

What I would do is switch to every 4 day method. BD unprotected every 4 days starting after AF ends. You may just be timing your one attempt badly.

With Clomid, you should do the 50 mg. I do not believe 25 does much for the average person.

Just for future reference, anyone else who is doing this, PLEASE start dropping sway tactics long before 10-12 months.

Can you tell me anything else that you feel may be affecting your ability to conceive negatively?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybethen View Post
    I do get regular AFs that last about 5-6 days. I usually ovulate day 17 but have had some either earlier or later. My CM dries up very quickly after ovulation for me as well. I had a blood draw last cycle 7 days past ovulation to check my progesterone level to make sure I ovulated, which was 16.7, which confirmed I ovulated & was within a good progesterone range. My LP is 12 - 13 days long.
    I can try to temp again, it just didn't work for me in the past due to waking at odd times.
    Sounds to me like you are ovulating and I do not think you need to temp in this case.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DH is releasing on his own every 2-4 days. We've been timing our one attempt as soon as I see an almost positive opk, which usually means for me that I ovulate within 24-48 hours.
    We didn't mind it taking awhile & doing the sway for months at first as we started a few months after I had my youngest son, I needed to lose some weight anyhow & we were set on only wanting a girl, but now that it isn't happening I'm at the point where I want to be pregnant even though I'd prefer a girl.
    DH has a slightly lower count as it is, but that wasn't a problem when conceiving our boys, although to conceive them we DTD from 3 days before O through to O+1. I'm honestly not sure what else could be affecting my ability to conceive.
    We will try every 4 days & the 50 mg of clomid then, if that is your suggestion Do you have any preference on what days I should do the clomid?

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree, I think you are Oing. Just wanted to check. I'd do 50mg CD3-7 and I would BD every 4 days all cycle long just in case it takes longer to O after a positive OPK than you think (some women regularly O 3-5 days after thrir first positive OPK and several days after fertile CM has dried up). If you've never tried BDing a 2nd time 4 days after your attempt at positive OPK, and you really don't want twins, I'd try that for a couple months before going to clomid. If you don't mind twins, go for it now, just make sure to BD every 4 days. If you don't conceive your first month on clomid, I'd try every 3 days the next cycle.

Good luck! I am super jealous, Germany won't let me order from online pharmacies.

My Ovulation Chart

11. Thanks atomic sagebrush, XXforhubby thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, I will be trying the clomid this cycle & will update if I get my BFP. Hopefully you will get good news soon too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast