Thread: BD Dilemma

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

BD Dilemma

So as some of you know I have been TTC for over a year!! Never thought that would happen. I have taken femera this cycle along with a trigger shot. I did my trigger on Monday at 11 am. We BD Monday night and Tuesday night. I did not get a temp rise yet. My RE office called to see if I did the trigger and told me to BD Mon, Tues and Wed. I have been swaying for a girl. Have been still doing the diet and exercise but have relaxed quite a bit. At this point it is more important for me to get pregnant. I would LOVE a girl and would definiely have some sadness if I won't ever have a daughter but will feel worse if I do not have anymore babies and I would LOVE and adore another boy as I ADORE my sweet boys.
    So the question is, what would you do? BD tonight also or leave it!

Here is my chart
    26f267 Ovulation charts on FertilityFriend.com

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok how about BD'ing 36 hours from the last time? Depends if you can make it work of course. I always like it as a compromise between EOD (worried about missing the egg) and daily, which can be so exhausting and then I'd worry that there wasn't enough swimmers for the time it counted.

Weird your RE calls for everyday? Wow not many guys could to that for more than a few days!! My RE says every 4 days is more than enough!

So anyways, my suggestion is to compromise and do it 36 hours from the previous time. So let's say last time was Tues evening, next time would be Thurs morning.

GL and I hope that eggie pops soon. I totally understand your frustration.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

3. Thanks djmommy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with Lace! If you can't make 36 hours work, then try 48 hours. I honestly think you are gearing up to ovulate!!

FX and GL sweetie!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Thanks djmommy thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I had such BAD O pains yesterday and when you take the trigger, my RE said you will O between 12-36 hrs. I guess I feel like I don't want to miss anything. I haven't spoken to my RE, the nurse called today and that was what she said. When I left the last u/s the nurse said to do trigger and pos opk and have timed intercourse and didn't say 3 days in a row. I honestly think I may have O'd late last night and tonight won't really make a difference. I just don't think I am ovulating good on my own and we can't afford to do another medicated cycle for a while and DH and I both agree that after this no more temping or opk. Just kinda go with the flow.

7. Likes LacePrincess liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Really EOD is more than sufficient. You won't miss the egg DTD 48 hours apart. Fx you'll get a good one.

I think it's really good to take a break and refresh a bit. This stuff can really burn you out.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

9. Likes djmommy liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I will totally NEED a break!! I am worn out, mentally and physically!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would not BD again until the night of CD20, though I would do that just in case you O later than expected. But I think you will probably O today. Please don't BD before then, I want you to get your girl! Considering you haven't been watching fat I don't think it's wise to BD so much in your fertile period.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

12. Thanks djmommy thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks all! I was out and when I got home DH was sound asleep so I just let him be..lol!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We already talked about this but just wanted to say good luck!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

15. Thanks djmommy thanked for this post