Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hypothyroid and LE Diet

Hi! Sorry if this question has been asked before I did a search but couldn't find anything! I was diagnosed as hypothyroid after the birth of my 3rd son last October. I have just recently gotten my levels to a normal and am taking 50mcg 4 days and 100mcg of Eltroxin 3 days a week. I've just started planning on swaying pink in October or November so wanted to get started with the LE diet in the next month or so. From what I've read hypothyroidism doesn't seem to sway but would the diet (lower level of nutrients etc) affect my thyroid levels? I had massive problems with hair loss and fatigue due to my levels being off and now that I've got it under control I would love to avoid going back to that! Just wanted to check if it was ok to go ahead with the diet or look at some other sway factors to be on the safe side!

Also another side question - on my 3 boys my diet was terrible, lots of sugar and carbs and very little of anything good for me! Could I have been inadvertently swaying blue with the high carb diet?

TIA!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi. I have just come off the LE diet (got my bfp two weeks ago) and I'm not sure if your hypothyroid would have had an impact regarding your diet when you conceived your boys but I can tell you when I was on LE I was eating high carbs, a lot of bread, rice, tortilla wraps etc. It's not carbs alone that help with conceiving a boy, it's carbs and protein eaten together. So as pink swayers we don't need to worry about carbs, it's just a focus on low protein, low fat and low calories. As I said I'm not sure if it would be different for you but I'm sure atomic will advise you properly. I just thought I would reassure you regarding the carbs
    2005 2008 2012 2014 2016 (sway opposite)
    Am currently with (sway opposites)

3. Thanks Babybun thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The LE diet is perfectly safe provided you're being properly treated for your hypothyroidism. And high carb/sugar actually sways pink, provided you aren't consuming lots of calories. High calorie/high fat/high protein/high nutrient & vitamin is what sways blue.

Welcome and good luck!

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

5. Thanks Babybun thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    YES you were possibly swaying blue when you were eating a lot of carbs. While some people eat a higher carb diet when swaying pink, it can raise their blood sugar levels and in turn testosterone. Anyone who got boys eating a very high carb diet, ESPECIALLY if you hav PCOS or thyroid issues, needs to follow the alternate diet in this thread http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...rt-3-pcos.html
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Thanks Babybun, WantALittleBlue thanked for this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the replies everyone! My diet would have been quite high in calories, my weight has fluctuated over the years but I've unintentionally always been at my heaviest when I get pregnant when I think back. Thanks so much for the link Atomic, I'll have a good read through tonight now that the kids are in bed!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just let me know if you need any more info - we are getting quite good results with that diet and it really does seem to help with the thyroid stuff.

10. Thanks Babybun thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just let me know if you need any more info - we are getting quite good results with that diet and it really does seem to help with the thyroid stuff.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So I decided to monitor my diet as it is now with the myfitnesspal app, and turns out I'm only eating roughly 1700 calories per day but I always go wayyyyy over on sugar and fat and havent really gone near the limit on carbs, (should also mention ive adjusted the limits on the app to in line with the LE diet). My diet now is roughly the same as it was before my boys, just less of it. Turns out what I assumed was high carbs was actually high fat .

Should I stick with the low carbs and lower my fat and sugar intake or go with the PCOS diet to suit my the thyroid issues? My BMI is 25.1 so just on the cusp of being overweight. I've got quite a high ph too so plan on using rephresh with one attempt and a 2-3 day cut off. I dont have any symptoms of PCOS, never really have trouble losing weight when I try to, always ovulate same day every cycle and have always conceived first month of TTC. I also think I may have low progesterone as my LP is only 11 days at best.

I think I may have done too much reading as I'm getting more and more confused lol!!! Information overload!
    Last edited by Babybun; July 11th, 2015 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Spelling!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    babybun - you don't have trouble losing weight when you diet? ask because hypothyroid usually means one does have trouble with weightloss even when dieting.....

but my sister was on thyroid meds for 2 cycles and when she conceived it resulted in dd ...but then again I was on natural bovine thyroid and got a ds so .....
    Teen 2001 Toddler 2014
    x as many as The Good L-RD would bless us with
    Currently
    Wanna be a magnet
    Challenges=hypothyroid and age
    Proverbs 13:12

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1922d6

14. Thanks Babybun thanked for this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I only developed hypothyroidism after having my little boy in October, he was almost 4 months old when I was diagnosed. I never had issues with weight loss in the short time I was undiagnosed or pre-pregnancy (pregnancy weight came off just like my other pregnancies), my main symptoms were the extreme fatigue, my hair was falling out a lot more than on my previous kids and I had actually started to develop a goitre I lost 28lbs for my wedding after my 2nd son, but got comfy afterwards and put it all back on before conceiving my 3rd boy. I'm now back on track watching what I'm eating (didnt realise how much fat and sugar though!) and have lost about 17lbs since his birth (with some wobbles in between!), hoping to lose another 20 or so on the LE diet before October/November when I'm planning our first attempt
    Last edited by Babybun; July 12th, 2015 at 08:22 AM.
    Proud mama of and 1

Expecting #4 July 2017

Hoping, wishing and praying for

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast