Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just curious...

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wink Just curious...

Hi guys!

Not been on for a few weeks but have been following my diet etc. so just lurking and reading..but something peaked my curiousity today...

Are there any physical symptoms that you are in 'girl mode' over being in boy territory?

Sounds silly but I read an old post on here and someone said (I think it was atomic) that their AF would arrive in the morning when they conceived their girls, whereas before it was coming in the afternoon/evening. I was just wondering whether anybody noticed anymore 'signs' like this? Even if it was just something silly.

I won't take much stock with it, but it's peaked my curiosity as I said!
    (16) (12) (9)

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I get my period at all times of the day and night... And I have 3 boys.
    DS1 -
    DS2 -
    DS3 -

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm just saying that is something that some of us have noticed that seemed interesting.

And, you also have it backwards, it was that people were reporting always getting AF in the morning when they conceived boys and then it switched over to afternoon/evening with pink swaying. And blue swayers were reporting the opposite and this was before I ever mentioned it.

This is interesting because I have a fertility book that claims that periods in the morning is affiliated with optimal fertility and periods in the afternoon/evening are affiliated with less than optimal fertility.

I don't know if it's true or not but it did seem to be true for me, I had really irregular cycles in my teens and always got my period in the afternoon (at school, sigh) and then in my early 20's they settled down, started coming first thing in the morning and stayed that way for 20 years during which time I conceived 4 boys, then sudenly started coming in the evening and I conceived a girl. They've been there ever since and I"m 45 years old and no doubt in perimenopause so that does fit in with my personal experience as well.

Re other signs and symptoms, please guys don't read too much into this, we discuss it because it's helpful to us but I don't want you guys to get all obsessive over them!! That having been said some other things that folks have reported are:

1)Less CM on pink diet, more on blue diet
    2)Having trouble having a female O on pink diet, blue swayers reported increased libido
    3)O pains developing on blue diet if you never had them before
    4)Lighter period on pink diet
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Thanks Mum23boys1982 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmmm

Did your fertility book hypothesize as to why? That is super interesting! My AF ALWAYS comes first thing in the morning, since forever.
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

6. Thanks Mum23boys1982 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm think mine came in afternoon but not sure when others used to come. Also started off w brown blood my second ppaf whatever than means
    Its A Girl!!

8. Thanks Mum23boys1982 thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I'm just saying that is something that some of us have noticed that seemed interesting.

And, you also have it backwards, it was that people were reporting always getting AF in the morning when they conceived boys and then it switched over to afternoon/evening with pink swaying. And blue swayers were reporting the opposite and this was before I ever mentioned it.

This is interesting because I have a fertility book that claims that periods in the morning is affiliated with optimal fertility and periods in the afternoon/evening are affiliated with less than optimal fertility.

I don't know if it's true or not but it did seem to be true for me, I had really irregular cycles in my teens and always got my period in the afternoon (at school, sigh) and then in my early 20's they settled down, started coming first thing in the morning and stayed that way for 20 years during which time I conceived 4 boys, then sudenly started coming in the evening and I conceived a girl. They've been there ever since and I"m 45 years old and no doubt in perimenopause so that does fit in with my personal experience as well.

Re other signs and symptoms, please guys don't read too much into this, we discuss it because it's helpful to us but I don't want you guys to get all obsessive over them!! That having been said some other things that folks have reported are:

1)Less CM on pink diet, more on blue diet
    2)Having trouble having a female O on pink diet, blue swayers reported increased libido
    3)O pains developing on blue diet if you never had them before
    4)Lighter period on pink diet
    Wow! That's really interesting! Thank you. Do you happen to know the name of the book you're referring to?

I can really relate to your experience, mine was pretty much the same. As a teenager and young woman my cycles were irregular, long and heavy with painful cramps. I would come on anytime of the day but usually first thing in the morning and I suffered terribly with pms acne. Just to note, I also had 2 boys by the age of 21. I would scoff my face everyday too (in comparison to now).

After the age of 25, my cycles were regular, medium/heavy, still painful pms cramps and consistently 7 days long. Still got pms acne. During this time I concieved DS3. Really used to stuff my face and was at highest weight I've ever been.

Literally as soon as I hit 30 my af became lighter, a lot shorter, the pms acne cleared up and the pre-af cramps became mild. But I started getting bad ovulation pains for the first time ever. My pms cravings cleared up and switched to 'ovulation cravings'. Also, most interestingly, my appetite decreased significantly. In that I just ate when I was hungry which probably was only around dinner time. And this is still where I am today. However, over the last 2 cycles my AF has lengthened from 4 days to 5 days, which I feel is because I've been really really making an effort to eat properly.

Also something interesting to note, is that since I hit 30, almost overnight I seemed to become more relaxed about things in general. In that pre-30 I was what you would call 'feisty' or 'gobby' however now I am not. I tend to just let things slide in regards to relationships, work etc. It's like I've calmed down almost, despite having a really bad year last year and it was because of this that I managed to get through some really bad times without a mental break down. I just want a peaceful life whereas before I guess I would enjoy drama. That's hard to admit btw. Lol

One of your points of things have reported rings a bell. I've noticed that over the last 6 months it's taken longer and longer to 'o' during BD. it can be frustrating at time whilst DTD. And everything on the list I can also relate to in some way: lighter cycles etc.

Another interesting thing is that my EX-SIL successfully did a girl sway. I believe. While she wouldn't admit at the time, I had my suspicions. When she conceived her DS1 she was staying with me regularly. She would eat the same as me as I fed her lol- which was when I conceived DS3. Then she decided to try for another, she very suddenly became picky with what she ate, ate only white meat or no meat, switched to diet drinks and drank loads of milk etc. She would spend hours a day walking and very quickly dropped so much weight she became very underweight. All this time all she would talk about is trying for a baby girl. She also started taking calcium and mag. I remember because we were all very worried that she was anorexic. Anyway she eventually conceived after 10 months and bingo it was a girl. I Believe she followed in-gender diet plan. But well worth mentioning was that her periods went very light, she always came on in the evening and they were short. I know this because we would always talk about our cycles together as girls do. She also became very 'placid' in that her fiancée at the time would really give her a hard time yet she acted like a door mat.

Another family experience I have seen is my sister. She's had BGBG. After conceiving each of her sons, she suffered with PND (which is slightly weird because she favours boys) which caused her to have a complete lack of appetite. She lost LOADS of weight and rarely ate during these times. Lived off coffee and sandwiches. Anyway, she conceived both her girls within 3-5months of birthing my nephews. But again she also suffered with light, short AF (lots of spotting) AND it always came in the evening. I remember because I was jealous of her having, what I perceived to be, great periods where I was struggling each month with mine being heavy and painful. After her first DD she got better, put on weight and her cycles became 'normal' about 10 years later she then she conceived her DS3 and then the cycle repeated.

I just thought I'd share this. Because when you look at the different situations, I think you can see a pattern in it. I've been thinking about and reading about the different lifestyles people lead when they conceive a certain gender. While I really DO NOT think that it is the whole picture, and that our cycles can change for a variety of reasons, in general I think it also gives a bit more understanding and backs up what you guys on here have been saying for years!

So these small changes in our cycles can be a sign, however like you I really don't want people to obsess about it. The only reason I've been reading a lot lately is because I'm off work and bored lol. Too much time on my hands. But I will admit, I do feel slightly more better in myself that obviously my body is in a different state to what it was when I conceived my boys and its actually dawned on me that I REALLY could concieve a daughter!!

Does anyone else have anymore experiences on this? I'd love to hear
    (16) (12) (9)

10. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow just realised I wrote an essay!! Sorry guys!
    (16) (12) (9)

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I second the less CM symptom! I'm nearing ovulation and have the least amount of EWCM I've ever had in my life. And my periods are way lighter, too.

And I have no idea if this is a symptom, but my sex drive has plummeted. Like insanely. I have a super high sex drive naturally (lucky DH, right?), but lately, eh... It's kinda a bummer, but if it's swaying girl, I'm not complaining.
    mama to (2011) and (2013)

coming May 2016!!

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting!

I guess it's good that my periods seem to be starting at night then lately! I definitely have way less fertile cm than I did with my boys. I used to have like 5 days of eggwhite and/or watery cm and now it's like 1 day. I also used to be horny all the time and now I never am! I was looking at my chart yesterday and realized there was a 10 day gap between DTD!
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

15. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey ladies thanks for your input!

Snap!! I have had the exact same thing! Only really apparent in the last two months though. It sucks.

It's all very interesting! While I don't think its a guarantee and could go either way it does seem to appear that our body gives us subtle clues as to our fertility and how we can increase the odds in our favour.

I was just wondering whether any ladies who have only boys have/had a tendency to get extra hair in unusual places? For example, I have a rougue thick black hair that grows around my nipple? Have you noticed a change lately? Mines still there but doesn't grow as quickly after I shave it lol.

Also were any of you prone to water infections/thrush when you conceived your boys? This is a change I've also noticed - I haven't had any in the last 18months or so.
    (16) (12) (9)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast