Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: ttc a girl

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you advising me, I recieved a smiley face this morning which is typical as dh has gone away now and won't be back until Monday evening/Tuesday morning.
    I dtd on Sunday at 10pm recived a positive opk the following day at 3pm and got a smiley this morning at 7 am so yoi never know maybe I could still be in with a chance although if I did ovulate late I'm not sure if sperm would survive 5 days (who knows)

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It would be very unlikely but lets' hope you ovulated sooner than you think! Good luck and pink dust!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkangel80 View Post
    Hi! Apologies for sending you private message, I didn’t realise before I had read the bottom of your page. thank you for reading message. I have been reading lots of your posts. I currently have a little boy who I adore but have suffered post natal depression. I’m absolutely desperate for a girl but also terrified to try again. When I became pregnant with my boy, I was off the pill for at least 7months, always had a relatively good diet. I’m very slim, and also teach dance. I used opk strips and saw a faint line and dtd....only once! Then fell pregnant with a boy!

2.5yrs later, I’m thinking of trying again but worries sick! My hubby is desperate for another child but does not know my sincere desire for a girl. My cycles have always been irregular since coming off pill again - have been off pill since June. I bought ‘OvuSense’ product to track my cycles and so far, cycle 1 no detection of ovulation, cycle 2 ovulated on day 19 and cycle 3, ovulated day 28!! Absolutely no rhyme or reason. Thought I ovulated round about day 19 - day 21??

I purchased the Shettles method book and have been looking at that. I have been having supplements like calcium citrate, cranberry tablets, folic acid and chaste berry. I’ve also been drinking more milk etc but still keeping a low diet.

I’m petrified to do anything.....I was going to stay on LE DIET and dtd on day 11/12 so that the girl sperm may reach by day 19...if that makes sense. If doesn’t happen, then increase days. can you advise me if I’m along the right lines??

Thank you so much. Xx
    [/QUOTE]

Oh don't worry about it, some people treat my private messages as a way to get free coaching and will post in there constantly but the occasional message is no biggie.

You really can't look at what you were doing when you got your boy - none of these things are magic bullets, they all just up the chances a bit! We do what works best for most people most of the time and have gotten good results that way.

Did you get your period in Cycle One?? Then this means you very likely did ovulate. When did you get your period in relation to when you think you ovulated?? I want to be sure you're detecting the true surge as that may give us more useful information.

Are you having trouble with the Ovusense?? Can I help you with that in any way?? It should work pretty well for most people so I'm worried if it's not operating well for you.

Shettles method does not work and has been completely debunked. It would be very tough to use it with an irregular cycle anyway. Most of us on here got opposites with Shettles (I have 4 Shettles opposites!! both my boys and my girl!) The important thing is to have just one attempt in the fertile window, we don't really know why it works, but it does help. If you want to read the full case against timing, it's here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...le-timing.html If you realy really want to use timing, I'd use your Ovusense fertility monitor and then have an attempt on the second "high" reading rather than waiting for "peak".

THe supplements you've purchased have really not gotten good results for us (everyone must take folic acid, of course) We have really eliminated most of the supplements as they didn't work and caused a lot of side effects. How were you planning to take the cranberry and vitex?? If you MUST take calcium, please use calcium WITHOUT Vitamin D and I would be very cautious drinking more milk to always stay in the limits of LE Diet.

PLEASE do not DTD on CD 11 for a CD 19 ovulation!!! You will have absolutely NO chance of conception doing that. If you must start off with a cutoff, I suggest the method I mentioned above (having sex on the second "high" reading). If you really want to pin it down to a cycle day I would aim at no more than a 3 day cutoff (so CD 16 for CD 19 ovulation). The problem is, when your cycle is irregular, you can't predict when ovulation will occur, so it's like taking a shot in the dark - you very easily could end up ovulating on CD 16 and having had an attempt that day! (luckily, this would not hurt your chances since Shettles doesn't work anyway, but I know that many people would be upset if they didn't hit their cutoff properly)

You probably should start a new thread for your questions just to keep your info separate from Sassy's, so the way to do that is by going to the forums (here's our TTC a girl forum, just to make it easier https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...nceive-a-girl/) and clicking one of them open. That is the part everyone misses - you actually have to open a forum, not a thread, but one of the forums, to get the "start new thread" option. Then you'll see "start new thread" at the top of the page and can start your own thread so we can have all your informtion in one spot!

Welcome to the site!!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi.....so af arrived on Thursday I cant say I was surprised as it turns out I ovulated 6 days after we dtd, our next attempt will be the beginning of Jan my only concern is we are staying with family for four days over Christmas so there will be little exercise and I'm really worried about my LE diet and the food that will be served will be out of my control, the only good thing is there will be lots of alcohol which will help my sway fo you have any other tips that may help?

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most people find it's easier to stick with diet on holidays than they expect. Since everything feels like a treat it's very possible to go out, enjoy everything you eat, and still have not exceeded the limits of the day! Plus, keep in mind that cheating on holidays or when eating with relatives is not only allowed but encouraged https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...blue-pink.html

4 days is nothing. Just do your best and then go back to it after you're home again. I would have no qualms about that at all.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh that's good to know, I also havent had much time to exercise as it's been so busy with the lead up to Christmas I'm just anxious that I havent been able to exercise and my diet has been really poor but I havent put any weight on I'm still losing a little. I'm hoping the fact that I havent been able to exercise as much as I did last month when I was very strict with it wont hurt my sway too much

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, ee are olanning to have our attempt tomorrow evening/Wednesday early hours as it's new years eve we probably wont be home until about 1am, the concern I have is that we are going to friends to order an Indian I know we have to be careful because of the onions amd garlic which I have been avoiding can you reccomend a dish that would be best?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The onions and garlic are not a big deal at all. I only keep them in the mix for those still trying to keep to the "old school" sway diets. Have whatever you like (vegan or vegetarian options are of course best) and don't give a thought to the onion or garlic at all.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Excellent thank you, I ojow you said that freqency hasnt really worked but dh inf0rmed me that for the past 4 days he has released on his own do yoi think it would be best to continue that pattern and get him to release tomorrow morning before we have our attempt roughly 16hrs later

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's fine if you want to try that, I don't think it does a whole lot (does cut odds of conception) but I am ok with it if you are.

Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast