Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ttc a girl

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Because the results that we have had in the subsequent time since you bought your plan have not been that high considering the trouble they cause with irregular ovulation and also that they seem to cut odds of conception quite a bit for moms over 35. They certainly don't sway BLUE if you want to use them. I took vitex when I got my DS 4 at 39 and then my DD at 41.

Re aspirin, the results were not that high and the risks according to new data indicated that it was much higher than we once thought. I also felt like we had totally proved cranberry ineffective and one of the primary resons I ever used aspirin was because so many people thought they had to take something to lower pH and if I didn't offer them a replacement for cranbery, everyone would have continued taking it and cranberry is really unsafe.

What do you mean by EGS?? extreme gender sway? WE are getting much better results with laid back sways focusing only on what works and dropping the stuff that doesn't.

When I make sway plans, I include things I don't personally agree with. It isn't "do things my way or else" it's your sway and I base my recommendations off what you included in your questionnaire and not "the way I personally would do things" Most want to start off including everything and then dropping things over time and so that is how I make the plans unless I am told otherwise.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi af has arrived today bit down about it as I thought I had a few pg symptoms, oh well ill try again this month, can anyone help me on how I can improve my chanced this month my last sway was as follows:
    used rephresh
    dtd 1.5 days before pos opk (I ovulated later then usual this month)
    DH did Fr as with ds we dtd every 3 days
    we took recommended supps
    took Sudafed an hour before
    a few days before had used lime (before I knew that the lime was irrelevant)
    jump and dumped

Dh has actually said he would abstain this month, I know you (atomic) has said that you don't need to do that but do you think it may help sway as my ds was conceived by bd every 3 days?
    should I drop the supps?
    is there anything else can think of?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would drop the rephresh, as from everything I read it does not seem to sway and does hinder conception...

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can do one or all of these things or a combination (you don't have to do everything in one month, you can drop one thing at a time or you can drop everything.)

Drop RepH. or put it earlier before attempt

Drop FR and abstain both, having one attempt is still much different than DTD every 3 days.

What were the "recommended supps"

Sudafed for you or DH or both?

Lime a few days before wouldn't matter

extend J and D time to 5 minutes, or even 10-15

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the supplements were, cranberry and magnesium for us both and I also took folic acid

we both took Sudafed an hour before

ok ill make sure this time I extened j and d to at least 5 mins

there is a possibility that dh may be away with work for 8 or 9 days and will be back according to my dates a day before im due to get a pos opk, he doesn't think he will have the opportunity to release himself anyway, so there woud be an abstinence do you think this will be ok or should he release when he comes home the day before our attempt or is this something that we don't need to worry about( I was just concerned about old sperm)

once again thank you for your help

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never recommend Sudafed for women anyway so certainly drop that.

I don't think cran is safe for women (and please ladies, never ever ever take cran and Sudafed together, not safe) although I don't think it inhibits conception

Having him release once after a long abstain doesn't get rid of the old sperm. I'd just go with the abstain batch.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok I'll drop the cranberry and sudafed, sorry if TMI but I usually have quite a lot of cm would baby aspirin and Benadryl be ok or would you recommend dropping supplements altogether?
    And I won't worry about having him release then, I'll just go with his abstained batch on the day I get my pos opk and just have one attempt

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Zyrtec and/or benadryl is better than Sudafed.

Baby aspirin doesn't dry up CM, it supposedly lowered pH but our results were mediocre at best and the side effects are so high that I have all but stopped using it except for people who insist. It's safer than cranberry (we think) but still not as safe as I'd like.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, I had a pos this morning but in not sure if it's the second day or first day of a pos as I didn't test yesterday so do you think I should dtd this evening or wait until next month when I know it's the first day of a pos opk or is timing really not that important?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sassy86 View Post
    Hi, I had a pos this morning but in not sure if it's the second day or first day of a pos as I didn't test yesterday so do you think I should dtd this evening or wait until next month when I know it's the first day of a pos opk or is timing really not that important?
    Have your attempt tonight!!!

The point of one attempt is to have one attempt in the fertile window, which is about a 4 day span. It doesn't matter if it's on the first day of +opk or the second, etc. You just need one attempt in your fertile window and most women ovulate 8-48 hours AFTER getting a +opk so you should BD tonight or you're just wasting another month. I tend to not O till 3 days after my first +opk, so for me, it's actually better to not BD on the first day of +opk, but to wait a day or two.

Good luck!
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

11. Likes maidentomother liked this post
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast