Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: ttc a girl

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sassy86 View Post
    Hi, I had a pos this morning but in not sure if it's the second day or first day of a pos as I didn't test yesterday so do you think I should dtd this evening or wait until next month when I know it's the first day of a pos opk or is timing really not that important?
    It's not timing that we are trying to accomplish with this method, it's just an easy way of having one attempt in your fertile window at a point in time that is good chances of conception.

For most people having attempt the night of pos OPK is a good chance of conception with one attempt.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi all, Af came 3 days early which is strange as im usually very regular. Bit disappointed as I really thought I could be pregnant this month, any way I wondering whether to continue with the one attempt for a couple more months or up it to two attempts but im worried that I will lower my chances of conceiving a girl or is there anything else that you think I should be doing? (also he had abstained for about 13 days as he was working away Im wondering if this caused a problem)
    thank you

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BEst odds of pink = one attempt.
    Best odds of conception = more than one attempt.
    Compromise = 2 attempts

I would drop every other sway tactic including abstain (of course your partner had no option there) before I added attempts, but you have to decide that for yourself of course!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi all, I haven't been on here for a little while but I wanted to give you an update it turns out that when shortly after my last post I found out I was pregnant even thou I had periods but unfortunately we had a missed miscarriage which was very upsetting so we decided to put off trying until after Xmas xxx

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    so sorry to hear about the miscarriage, what a heartbreaking thing to go through. thinking of you xo

8 years 5 years
    Successful sway 2 years old
    Successful sway 2 week old

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I'm so sorry to hear this, Sassy. Thinking of you.

7. Likes pinkfairydust liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very sorry to hear this Sassy. Good luck after Christmas and have a nice break xx

Atomic- I read about you no longer advising cranberry. I'm interested in this as I get uti's and sometimes take cranberry.
    Can I ask- have you found no evidence cranberry sways girl? Also why do you think it is dangerous to take cranberry for girl attempt.

Thanks so much in advance xxx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never really recommended cranberry. It's because it is a strong blood thinner and you have to stop it cold turkey at ovulation. So first it really thins your blood (which can be fatal) and then you stop it suddenly and that can mean your blood starts to clot TOO easily (which can also be fatal) http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...echniques.html For a while I was having people use baby aspirin instead because it's ok in very early pregnancy and so people can wean off it, but the risks and side effects turned out to be a lot more than we first thought and it didn't get great results anyway.

Occasionally if you have a UTI it is fine to take it for that reason. I am talking about people taking completely insane amounts of the stuff for months on end and then stopping it cold turkey at ovulation.

We tracked our results with cranberry and it was neutral. It doesn't even work anyway.

10. Thanks pinkfairydust thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thank you very much for your kind replies, af is here at the mo so we are due to start trying again in 2 weeks
    x

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sassy, so sorry about your MMC. I hope you get your rainbow THB girl soon.

Have you been doing the diet?

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast