Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Alternative LE diet - are my meals okay?

Apologies for posting, I’m awaiting my plan but have been browsing lots of posts to piece as much together myself as I can as I’m keen to start the diet asap.

How do these meals sound for someone on the alternative LE diet?

Breakfast (at 10am): Greek yogurt with a grated apple, cinnamon and a small handful of raisins.

Lunch: either 4xryvitas (wholegrain) with cheese & cucumber, a low calorie soup with wholegrain bread & butter or hummus, vegetable sticks and a slice of wholegrain toast.

Snack: (I need something in the afternoon) a piece of fruit and a handful of nuts

Dinner: something like, cauliflower cheese made with cream & cheese, wholewheat pasta with homemade tomato and veg sauce and parmesan, roast chicken with vegetable and roast potato, salmon with mash & vegetables or a homemade bean chilli with brown rice. (I will keep my carb portion small and wholegrain… apart from potato which I’ll just keep small.

I’ll start the day with a coffee (or two!) with a splash of whole milk and end the day with an apple and cinnamon tea (delicious!) or a glass of wine/amaretto & Diet Coke (also delicious)

Is anything standing out as glaringly awful when swaying pink? Obviously will aim to have 60g or so of fat and protein. Is there a limit/target for carbs?

Thank you!
    OCT. 2018

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your patience!

Do you have totals for fat, protein, and calories?

Let's go easy on the cinnamon till I get your plan polished up. I don't include that for very many people at all.

Be sure you're not counting the protein and fat in fruit and veg, and count NOTHING in low carb veg. That actually means you can get a little extra in since you'll have to eat more to make up for it, if you were counting.

There is NO limit on carbs. If you're eating a set amount of calories with a certain amount of protein and fat, carbs take care of themselves. Counting carbs is confusing and complicated and there's no reason to do it, because it doesn't tell us anything useful. Just do calories, fat, protein, not counting the fruit and veg.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you!

I actually just LOVE cinnamon so I enjoy it with the apple in my breakfast- I won’t use too much though, just enough for the flavour if that’s still okay?

I aim for about 1,700 calories per day but this varies - I try not to go below 1,400 as I have found I can hit my protein and fat limit without eating many calories. Still trying to figure out the best way to do that but any good foods to add in would be happily received - I’m assuming just ALL the low carb veg to fill my plate though?

I hit about 60g for fat and protein - I focus more on this than the calories to be honest. I haven’t been counting the really low carb veg so that’s okay!

I been in the mindset of food pairing (carbs with fat or protein) much like my gestational diabetes days… is that a good idea as long as it stays within my limits? It was the way I kept my blood sugar low which as far as I understand is the purpose here? Im not actually measuring blood sugar or anything just trying to keep it in mind when planning meals.

Thanks again for your help!
    OCT. 2018

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh ok great, if it's dietary amounts then that is ok. Some people were using larger amounts as a sway tactic and I only recommend this for a small minority of people.

As you're getting started, err on the side of eating more calories. We see a lot of trouble when people eat too little - they end up delaying or even stopping ovulation, and then basically having to sway blue just to get their cycle going again. I'm more comfy with 1700 cals vs. 1400.

Yes that's absolutely fine to mix protein and carbs. In fact, pink swayers HAVE to do that in order to get enough food in. I wouldn't think about it (meaning your blood sugar, and pairing foods) too much, because it isn't necessary and is that kind of "control freak" detail oriented mindset that may undermine otherwise good pink sways, but that's totally fine to eat them at the same time.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Thanks Mochi thanked for this post
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay great - thanks Atomic!
    OCT. 2018

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post