Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748

Thread: ttc a girl

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for taking time to reply.
    So it was a cd21 fertility test and they told me my level was 24 and it should be 30 to ovulate.
    We have tried all different patterns but lately we have been dtd every other day in my fertile window. No shallow release and no douches. Dh has stopped baths too. Whats a HSG exam? Dh hasnt had sperm looked at yet. He still isnt crazy about having dc3 so its quite hard to ask him to do anything like that.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The strange thing is that my cm changes every month during the ovulation period so im surprised that i possibly am not ovulating. The pcos does make sense as i had very painful periods as a teenager

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, so did they pinpoint ovulation at all for you or just use a calendar day?? Because "CD 21" tests are very often wrong if you don't ovulate on CD 14! So you very well may have been climbing upwards the day of the test and just hadn't gotten there yet, and for you may have been better to have the test done on a different cycle day. Additionally, that "30" number may not be fully accurate (it's likely anything over 20ish and there's a full explanation in this thread: https://www.myfertilityfocus.com/day...vel-explained/)

Every other day is not an effective way to boost conception. It can very easily end up being only one viable attempt in the fertile window that way - either O-5, O-3, O-1 (both 3 and 5 are too early to be guaranteed attempts - we have seen people go YEARS doing 3 day cutoffs for pink sways and not conceiving!) or O-6, O-4, O-2, and O Day (CD 4 and 6 are too early, and O Day can be too late) Both of these schedules can easily end up being only one viable attempt. I would suggest doing a different schedule where you're having more attempts in the functional fertile window, particularly 1 and 2 days before O. I have a couple ways to be sure you hit these days, let me know if you want to hear them.

An HSG is where they go in and look at your uterus and tubes to be sure they're clear and not blocked. PCOS does not render most people infertile. Blocked tubes absolutely can.

One of the main reasons we find people not conceiving is male factor fertility, but if he's not willing, then that's that. I would be sure he's doing regular release and we could add in a male fertility vitamin if you think he'd take it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sassy86 View Post
    The strange thing is that my cm changes every month during the ovulation period so im surprised that i possibly am not ovulating. The pcos does make sense as i had very painful periods as a teenager
    If you're getting your period every month with changes in cervical mucus then you ARE ovulating. (if they say otherwise without doing some very thorough examinations, they are wrong and are simply passing the responsibility of your situation onto you). The vast majority of people with PCO do ovulate and can conceive even with moderate and even fairly severe PCOS. If they're not ovulating, they won't have a period at all for months on end.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much again for takinh the time to respond. I am almost certain that i do ovulate as i get the cm and ovulation pains. I feel like i am hitting a brick wall with them. I would be interested to hear trying another schedule?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do think you need to have a sperm analysis and HSG just to rule out any other problems BUT what I'd have you do, if possible, is to go from having sex every other day, to every 4 days in the "72 hour" pattern (it does not need to be those number of hours, but this is how you count the days) So Monday/Thursday/Sunday, like that. This seems counterintuitive, how can that be better for conception than every other day, but it's because it still works out to be one attempt in the fertile window (as does the every other day pattern, which I explained above) and so it's no worse than every other day, and also it gives a bit of extra time for sperm numbers to increase. Start this after your period ends and carry on till after you are CERTAIN you've ovulated (not just a positive OPK, you need to be sure you've ovulated) even if that means going all month till your next period begins.

THEN in addition to that (continue the e4d before and after ovulation!) drop in one more attempt at your first positive OPK. That will ensure you're in with two attempts, since one attempt in the fertile window doesn't seem to be cutting the mustard for us. Your husband should be able to keep up with this pattern (every 4 days in the 72 pattern plus one more attempt at positive OPK) whereas many men can't do every other day plus one more attempt. We have very good chances of conception with that pattern.

Now, if you really really don't want to use OPK you can also do the e4d in the 72 pattern and then drop in an attempt when you feel like you're in the fertile period, but try to err on the side of making it not too early and not too late. So don't do it the first day of EWCM, don't wait for CM to turn creamy or anything, just have it at a time when you feel fertile. Carry on with the e4d pattern before and after that.

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748