Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Atomic or anyone else--Is B6 terrible for a girl sway?

Hi everyone,

I have been lurking on these boards for a few months now...I have a 2 year old son and we have been ttc for a couple of months now, hoping for a baby girl!

A little bit about my sway:
    --Lost about 36 lbs on Weight Watchers, then started the LE diet in January and lost more weight on that...I am now 21 lbs lighter than my pre-preg weight with my son. My BMI is currently 21.3, so right now I'm just trying to maintain my weight. I am still eating small amounts of white meat but no red meat since May.
    --Had the Mirena IUD removed in July, and my past 2 cycles have been normal for me except I've had a 7-8 day LP. Last cycle, I actually got a positive pregnancy test at 8 dpo with a frer but then started bleeding that same day.
    --We are doing 1 attempt at pos opk
    --I'm now on day 1 of my third cycle ttc and I am wondering if I should start taking B6 to lengthen my luteal phase...I want to give it a try but I have read through some old threads where Atomic thinks that it may actually sway strongly blue. I am just curious as to the reason why it may sway blue and I am also wondering if maybe I could get away with just taking it after O to lengthen my LP? Or is B6 just a really bad idea for a girl sway? I don't want to totally sabotage my sway, but I would like to lengthen my LP so that I can actually get pregnant! My doctor said she has seen mixed results with the B6 but that I can try that first and then we can move on to progesterone if that doesn't work. She recommended 100 mg daily. She said maybe my cycle will just correct itself on its own as well...

I'm so sorry if this has already been answered, I'm just trying to figure out what is the best thing to do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! Great job on the weight loss and sounds like the LE diet is going well for you!

I'm so sorry about your chemical pregnancy . I can say from personal experience that both the LE diet and chemical pregnancies can mess with your LP. I would not take B6 personally, since that does sway blue. I would be inclined to wait it out a cycle or two to give your body a chance to recover and to rebound after your chemical before taking progesterone. I would try BDing every 4 days from the end of AF until the latest you have ever Oed or until CD21. Sometimes with opks people may think they have Oed later due to a second surge but in fact Oed earlier, thus having a normal LP. BDing every 4 days makes you covered either way and still sways pink!

I'm not sure that progesterone will do much for lengthening your LP and according to my RE, there isn't much evidence that progesterone supplementation will support a pregnancy that would not normally be viable.

Hang in there sweetie! TTCing can be tough! You are doing great, and I have no doubt that you WILL get your BFP soon! Tons of baby dust to you !!

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for your reply!! Maybe I should just let my body normalize on its own. With my son we got pregnant the 3rd cycle trying, but I also had issues with a short LP then, it was also like 8 days. With him though, I was taking prenatals and huge doses of vitamin D bc I was very deficient. I was also 20 lbs over my normal weight and we were eating out a lot, a lot of large meals with a lot of red meat...I was also working out for the only time in my life, building a lot of muscle. I think it was a classic boy sway haha!! I just started thinking maybe me taking those vitamins ended up lengthening my LP enough to get pregnant so I thought maybe I needed to try the B6 this time since right now I'm only on folic acid. But hopefully my body will just do what it's supposed to do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I conceived DS2 with and 8 day LP! Hang in there! I would hate to see you take supplements just to mess up your cycle even more. I would try hard to wait it out a bit to see what happens.

I know it's hard though, when we are TTCing and want to get a BFP!

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HI and welcome!

weight loss perfect, just hang rright where you are.

It's not unusual to have kooky cycles coming off Mirena, and the month with the chemical, you honestly can't be sure what would have happened if not for the chemical. The bleeding may not even have been short LP, it may have been that the pregnancy was not working out and your body decided to end it right then and there.

I personally feel that B6 is a strong blue swayer and what's worse, I am in agreement with your doctor that it very rarely helps anyway. I think the% of people with short LP because of some lack of B6 to be between slim and none, and in most people with short LP, your body is actively working to fix the situation anyway. I see most cases of short LP to fix themselves within 6 months with B6 and a half-a-year without it. In fact I also think that B6 can make trouble more often than it helps anyone, by dramatically lengthening your cycles and doing nothing for the short LP so you end up even worse off by having 70 day cycles with 7 day LP.

What I would have you do (IF you want to, because I strongly suspect that this situation is temporary from coming off Mirena followed by chemical and is probably already clearing up on its own) is eat 1 serv. full fat dairy every day, 4-6 eggs a week, and 1 serv. salmon or red meat daily.

I am not a fan of prog supplements as medically it has been shown not to help people get OR stay pregnant. It can make your period come later and unfortunately can also extend the amount of time an unviable pregnancy carries on, but there is no better outcome with or without it. Clomid is actually the best way to medically extend luteal phase and it also sways pink if that is in any way an option.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for your reply, Atomic!

I have actually been craving salmon/fish a lot lately...I was thinking my body was telling me something, so I will continue to eat that! I am lactose intolerant so I have trouble with full fat milk and yogurt, but cheese doesn't bother me so much so I will eat more of that too.

I don't know why I wrote that I'm currently on CD 1 above, I am losing my mind haha...Tomorrow will actually be CD 11 for me and I got a pos opk already so we made an attempt tonight! Hopefully I'm not ovulating too early in my cycle and everything will work out with my LP this time! Thanks for all the advice, I really appreciate it.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    CD11 is fine for a +OPK. Not too early at all . Good luck!
    Very blessed with

Due 24th March 2016

10. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes CalsMom89 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    also lactose intolerant and cheese is absolutely a-ok. There is something "magic" about that dairy fat that really helps with making estrogen and progesterone, but if you can't manage it then just increase the eggs to daily and the salmon to 2x a week.

No that's just right for pos OPK.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

12. Likes CalsMom89 liked this post