Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Atomic or anyone who can help!

I need to increase my bmi as I am not ovulating and this way I will have no baby at all
    I have a few questions:
    Until ovulation returns (when I've put on weight)
    Should I continue to skip breakfast?
    Should I go back to eating my old pre-swaying diet or should I try to increase my calories with girl friendly food?
    Bit of info, I really struggle to put on weight, through this diet I have lost about 13 lbs and have a bmi of around 17. I have been eating more normally for the past 3 weeks and have only put on 2 lbs. Any help appreciated, thanks!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Swish ~ I do not know the answer... I am sure atomic of one of the other ladies will know. Just wanted to send you (((hugs)))!

Is there a way to still keep your blood sugar low and yet gain weight?

My bmi is getting close to yours...
    Mom to
    A HUGE thank you to Atomic and the Gender Dreaming Forum!!
    Due The End Of July

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, happy heart!!!! I really want to serve as a warning about the not ovulating thing. I know it won't happen to everyone who diets or has a low bmi but I just don't want anyone else to get in my situation. I think the warning signs may have been the extended cycles and longer periods but I don't know! I really think people should try to reach the calories atomic recommended as I know I struggled with this whilst keeping protein low. It's such a hard balancing act but now I really wish i'd acted earlier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    can't really suggest much as I'm the sort who struggles to gain weight too and is naturally slim... are you stopping swaying whilst you gain this weight?
    perhaps switch to full fat milk, up the calories regardless of what you eat, etc?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As you know, I'm starting to wonder if I've lost too much weight too, so I'll be curious to see what atomic says. I just calculated my BMI and got 20 - does that mean I'm not quite in danger yet?

If I don't get my BFP this month, I'm planning to eat pretty much regular food for the next 2 weeks, then I'll ease back into the girl diet for the next 6 weeks before making our October attempt. As I've mentioned elsewhere, we need to take a month off for scheduling reasons, and I can't face another 2 months on the diet, so I think I need a break for my sanity.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by swish View Post
    Thank you, happy heart!!!! I really want to serve as a warning about the not ovulating thing. I know it won't happen to everyone who diets or has a low bmi but I just don't want anyone else to get in my situation. I think the warning signs may have been the extended cycles and longer periods but I don't know! I really think people should try to reach the calories atomic recommended as I know I struggled with this whilst keeping protein low. It's such a hard balancing act but now I really wish i'd acted earlier.
    I am thinking about you swish! I am so sorry this is happening....

My cycles are doing exactly what you explained! I had the longest one last month including my longest period!

ETA: I just calculated mine... I am 18.. but close to 17.

I just know atomic will have helpful advice for you!
    Last edited by happyheart; August 26th, 2011 at 10:12 AM.
    Mom to
    A HUGE thank you to Atomic and the Gender Dreaming Forum!!
    Due The End Of July

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks swish, I was going to ask the same question, my BMI is 17 as well.
    I´ve tried eating a lot more calories through sweets, but I´m not gaining. TIA Atomic
    6 3
    swayed for a

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just bumping this one in case it's slipped through the net, thanks!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm glad you bumped it, swish - I keep checking to see if atomic responded.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by swish View Post
    I need to increase my bmi as I am not ovulating and this way I will have no baby at all
    I have a few questions:
    Until ovulation returns (when I've put on weight)
    Should I continue to skip breakfast?
    Should I go back to eating my old pre-swaying diet or should I try to increase my calories with girl friendly food?
    Bit of info, I really struggle to put on weight, through this diet I have lost about 13 lbs and have a bmi of around 17. I have been eating more normally for the past 3 weeks and have only put on 2 lbs. Any help appreciated, thanks!
    1) Your ovulation may and prob. will return before you put on weight, as long as you've stopped losing.
    2) Skipping breakfast is most important just prior to ovulation and during the 2 WW (because that is when the bean is developing and glucose may be more important.) So if you can't do it at any other point, make sure you stick to it then.
    3)Try to stick to a vegetarian, lower protein diet and gain weight via carbs and sugary stuff.
    4)Every pound is going to help, so just by virtue of gaining 2 pounds you may even find that things are back on track. You may not even need to gain any more than that.

Question - I am curious about your caloric intake...were you eating less than 1500-1800 cals?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast