Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I don't know. I hope when blue (who kindly keeps the stats for us) comes back to update she can clarify, but it may be that the question is, in itself confusing in the results and is not going to be reliable for that reason. That was fairly recently added I believe so it may not be reliable anyway. You see, our results have been quite high the last two years and so things added during that time period may be piggybacking on the recent high results, while things that were added in the past - when our results were lower for a variety of reasons we've now corrected - may actually be artificially lower than they should be, if that make ssense. (and if it doesn't make sense let me know, I'll clarify. stats are confusing)
    I think I followed that, thanks! Can I ask what was making the stats artificially high recently and low in the past?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They're not artificially high recently. We figured out a couple things we were doing wrong during the early days - mainly the one attempt - and corrected for that. So things that we were tracking back when our results were lower might appear to be lower than they actually are because the lower results from the early days of the site bring them down.

And things that we only just added post-fixing-one-attempt, may ~seem~ to be crazy high compared to other things but that may not be legitimate. If our overall success is 70%, it only takes one or two lucky sways - depending on sample size - to make it look insanely effective when really it's not helping too awfully much.

I'll give a mathy example below.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessirberger View Post
    Orgasm
    Total Sways:41
    Total Success:31
    Total Success %:75.61%
    Inverse success %

Does this statistic refer to women NOT orgasming? Or to them ignoring the girl sway recommendation and having orgasms anyway?
    So when we look at numbers like this, with a fairly small sample size (not to mention that people may have been confused as to what they were even saying...orgasm or not, we aren't certain...but setting that aside to illustrate what I'm saying about the recently added statistics)

31 of 41 is 75%
    30 of 41 is 73%
    29 of 41 is 71%
    28 of 41 is 68%

So if just from sheer chance, 3 sways would have gone the other way, that puts us down in about the overall ballpark of the success of the site. And since this question was recently added, since these results have been only registered during the point in time where our overall results are in the 66-70% range, that handful of lucky sways make it appear sky high. Whereas if we'd been tracking since 2011 our baseline would be lower, and it wouldn't look like anything right now. Like, if you look at "old wives tales" for instance, we know that putting a little dress under the bed doesn't really do anything of course, but it's still sitting at 64% - piggybacking on the success of the site, but still being brought down by the earlier lower results (and with a wayyy higher sample size too.)

My point in all this is that we just have to take these stats with a pretty big grain of salt because they're misleading in lots of different ways. Some people just want to go through and do anything that seems like it gets better than 50-50, but many of these things very likely don't even do anything and aren't worth stressing over. I have a long thread where I talk about the limitations of the stats in mindnumbing detail here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...hts-stats.html

4. Likes Jessirberger liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for taking time to explain

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    So when we look at numbers like this, with a fairly small sample size (not to mention that people may have been confused as to what they were even saying...orgasm or not, we aren't certain...but setting that aside to illustrate what I'm saying about the recently added statistics)

31 of 41 is 75%
    30 of 41 is 73%
    29 of 41 is 71%
    28 of 41 is 68%

So if just from sheer chance, 3 sways would have gone the other way, that puts us down in about the overall ballpark of the success of the site. And since this question was recently added, since these results have been only registered during the point in time where our overall results are in the 66-70% range, that handful of lucky sways make it appear sky high. Whereas if we'd been tracking since 2011 our baseline would be lower, and it wouldn't look like anything right now. Like, if you look at "old wives tales" for instance, we know that putting a little dress under the bed doesn't really do anything of course, but it's still sitting at 64% - piggybacking on the success of the site, but still being brought down by the earlier lower results (and with a wayyy higher sample size too.)

My point in all this is that we just have to take these stats with a pretty big grain of salt because they're misleading in lots of different ways. Some people just want to go through and do anything that seems like it gets better than 50-50, but many of these things very likely don't even do anything and aren't worth stressing over. I have a long thread where I talk about the limitations of the stats in mindnumbing detail here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...hts-stats.html
    Fyi, I just looked at the question form and the stats on orgasm are referring to ppl saying "yes" to having orgasms in their sway.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello! I am wondering, is there a place we can view swayers previous children’s genders (IE: mom of 3 boys sways pink for number 4) and the result of the sway?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessirberger View Post
    Orgasm
    Total Sways:41
    Total Success:31
    Total Success %:75.61%
    Inverse success %

Does this statistic refer to women NOT orgasming? Or to them ignoring the girl sway recommendation and having orgasms anyway?
    The question in the form is Did you have an orgasm for your successful attempt. Answer choices are yes/no. So this stat is reflecting that 75% of those responded had an orgasm for their successful attempt.

Stats are updated. 16 new sways added.
    2001 2005 2009 2012

11. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by chelsearogene View Post
    Hello! I am wondering, is there a place we can view swayers previous children’s genders (IE: mom of 3 boys sways pink for number 4) and the result of the sway?
    Only by looking them up & seeing if they have it in their signature or mentioned it on the board in their sway attempt post.
    2001 2005 2009 2012

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by chelsearogene View Post
    we probably should have included this from day one but it didn't occur to us. But yes like BEG says you can always go and look people up to see their signatures, but to be honest I believe that would only serve to undermine your pink sway anyway as it's all very "control freaky" and probably wouldn't shed any light anyway.

We have people on here swaying for their first and people on here swaying for their 6th, and most fall somewhere in between. I think we have a pretty good sample of people with different gender makeups of their kiddos so I think this is quite representative of what the average person can expect regardless of how many boys or girls they've had before.

15. Thanks chelsearogene thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Stats updated. 10 new sways since last update.
    2001 2005 2009 2012

17. Thanks kittendreams, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast