Uploads

TTC Pink Food Thread - September

Discuss all things food related here
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm going out for dinner tonight to celebrate dh's birthday, so I think it's going to be a cheat night. We haven't decided on a restaurant yet, but once we do I'm going to have to start studying the menu for the most diet friendly choices. I'm having just plain rice and yogurt for lunch so I'll have lots of sodium and protein left in my budget for the day, but I'm probably going to have to have something else to eat at 5 or so since we're not going out until 7:30 - I don't think I can wait that long!
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    right, here's todays...

Day 4
    1.5 pitta + salad: 225 calories, 9.3g protein, 1.05g fat, 270mg sodium
    86g chicken: 142 calories 26.7g protein 3.1g fat 64mg sodium
    philadelphia and roasted veg pasta: 249 calories, 9.3g protein, 10.6g fat, trace sodium
    coco pops: 175 calories, 6g protein, 3g fat, 150mg sodium

total: 791 calories, 51.3g protein, 17.75g fat, 484mg sodium

4 Marshmallows 95 calories 0.9g protein trace fat trace sodium
    1 toffee dodger 83 calories 1.1g protein 3.1g fat trace sodium
    2 iced fingers 244 calories 5.2g protein 5.8g fat 140mg sodium

total with extra snacks: 1213 calories 58.5g protein 26.65g fat 624mg sodium

plus half of yesterdays cola drink (250ml)

TBH I've just had tea of the pasta meal plus an iced bun and I feel SO FULL it doesn't feel right!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's fine to feel full after a meal - the difference is we're only eating simple carbs so our blood sugar crashes soon after a meal, and since we're not snacking between meals, it stays low.

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    .. and that's why it can be difficult to eat enough, because even though we might eat all those foods over the course of a normal day and not feel too stuffed, we're not eating at all for half the day and then cramming the calories into only 2 or 3 meals to make sure we get those blood sugar drops. I don't know what the answer is. Right now I'm eating less than I should (averaging around 1100 calories) but I won't be upping that at all this week as I've just ovulated.

I'll go back to calorie cycling the week after I think. I read something by Gwen Stefani's personal trainer in a magazine this week and he said that when she's getting ready for a tour she has 1200 calories 4 days a week, 1500 2 days a week and 1800 calories 1 day a week. I do think changing the amount you eat each day is good for weight loss (something along these lines) but I think I'm the only one on this thread who actually has weight to lose and I know you guys are trying to limit that .... so I'm talking to myself really aren't I?!!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    rainbow - I'm still worried you're not getting enough calories. Even for someone who's not BFing, 1200 is low. Maybe you should have a full sugar Coke with every meal? atomic also told me cranberry juice was ok to add calories, but said to get the sugary cocktail kind.

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Could you add some mayonnaise or spread to your pitta or are you already doing that? Does Phili only have a trace of sodium btw? If it does I'll get some!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    this is Philadelphia Light for a 30g serving:
    47 calories
    2.5g protein
    3.5g fat
    100mg sodium

please could someone perhaps design me a meal plan to follow so that I don't go over the other limits but do keep the calories up? I know it's a lot to ask... but I'm really struggling to create a good enough menu on my own.
    it's really hard to get enough calories without overdoing the rest really.

maybe I need to cut back on the fruit+veg so I can get more junk in? really don't like the thought of that, though!

mayo has quite a bit of sodium in it doesn't it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oh, I should also add I'm only 4'11", and petite build... so it could be that I don't really need as many calories as an "average" woman anyway?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you just need to listen to your body and do what you feel is right, if you're struggling to eat as many calories as you'd planned to then cut back. You've got a few months (you're planning to diet for 3 months before your attempt right?) so you can afford to change your mind back and forth for the first few weeks without being too close to your attempt. There are the meals Atomic put together in the dream section, have you seen them? Tesco Value Mayo (the only one in my fridge at the moment!) has 100mg sodium in a tablespoon. It seems alot but makes all the difference sometimes because it feels naughty!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast