Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Feeling discouraged...encouragement please!

I've only been on the LE diet for about a week and a half. I don't feel like I've lost any weight and I was reading that you're supposed to lose pretty fast. I also feel like my testosterone is probably on the high side. My sex drive has always been really high (my husband has often said I'm more like a guy in that regard) and I always have a lot of CM. Can the LE diet alone change that? How soon should I notice a difference?
    And I see everywhere that the 60 minutes of exercise, 5-6 days/week is getting results but I just don't have time to do that. I was doing a weekly 30 minute HIIT class (high intensity interval training) but I'm thinking I should drop that. There is usually weight-lifting at some point in the class.
    I'm just kind of down and feel like I won't ever get a girl. From what I've read, I think my husband may lean pink which is good I guess.
    Right now, I'm skipping breakfast, cutting way down on snacking (I haven't been able to cut it out completely just yet but I'm getting better), drinking 2 large cups of coffee per day (with flavoured creamer, is that ok? I never drank any coffee with my boys), drinking white wine every night, eating smaller portions, and I cut way down on salt. I'm bad at tracking my meals but I'm definitely eating lower protein and only white bread, if any at all. I've also started drinking pure cranberry juice with Perrier and I've cut out peanut butter. Does that look ok? I'm hoping that by doing the opposite of what I did when I got my boys, it will improve my chances of getting a girl.
    I should mention that we aren't officially trying yet. My husband hasn't quite come around but I think he's close. Knowing him, he'll just say out the blue that he wants to try and it will be one time and that's it, so I want to be ready.

Sorry if this post is all over the place, I'm just feeling very "meh" at the moment
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You've only been on the diet for just over a week. Breath!

It's hard to start it "perfectly" I started out on the IG diet which was difficult but I wasn't cutting out snacking so switching to LE that was the hardest part. My first week or so on LE I still let myself have a snack that fit within the limits if I felt hungry. One thing I've read on here every now and then is, If you're hungry EAT. Like legitimately hungry, not bored. The goal isn't to starve. Now that I've been LE for 6 weeks my appetite has seriously decreased. I don't even feel the need to snack, or graze the way I used to. I also get full very fast now. Your body has to adjust. I'd imagine that's why they say 6 to 12 weeks on diet before you attempt.

As far as sex drive, I actually posted about it a couple weeks ago.... sounds like we are the same, lol. In my post I questioned whether my sex drive was supposed to die because it hasn't. Atomic reassured me that everyone is different and just because I like to dtd with my dh doesn't necessarily mean my testosterone is crazy high. I mean for me personally it's hard not to be in the mood all the time when I know the goal is to have another baby. I love my husband and I love watching him be a dad to our boys and the thought having more babies with him turns me on..... as weird as that sounds. Haha.

I love my fitness pal app for tracking calories, fat and protein. I recommend it, at least while you're getting the hang of it.

It is recommended that if you can't do the cardio then just do nothing. Nothing at all. There are women here who have gotten their girl that way. But definitely don't lift weights or do moderate exercise as that's said to be more healthy (maybe muscle building) and sway blue.

It sounds like you're on the right track, don't be so hard on yourself!
    (2009) (2011) (2013)

It's another sweet

My sway- http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

BFP 2/24 at 8 dpo
    EDD - November 7 2016

3. Likes sunnygirl liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that you're doing very well for only being on it a week and a half. Remember the ideal stats show that 12-20 weeks on the diet give the best results, so your hubby not being ready yet is a good thing. LE diet is a process. You can't instantly tolerate a radical change, but keep getting back on the wagon and chipping away at it. Seriously, try tracking what you eat with my fitness pal. It helps for when you feel like you've fallen off the wagon, but look at your totals and you still have something left for soup. I didn't start losing weight until I started tracking and weighing food.

You are eating more friendly than when you started....even if it isnt perfect, you are still making efforts that push you a little closer to pink. Also, Yesterday I read a post atomic recently posted about if she had a time machine, she would go back in time and not write "intense" exercise in her recommendations. What she really meant was 60 mins duration 5-6 days. If you have PCOS she recommends that any amount is better than none. I get upnwhen everyone else is still asleep and do a workout dvd or go for 1 hr + walk. Sometimes Eliptical/treadmill/rower at the gym. Exercise gives great results in a pink sway. Even better than couch potato.Less sleep sways pink too if you need extra motivation getting out of bed. :-)
    #3 my delightful result of a (half hearted) pink sway
    Not sure if we want to go for another sway....but will get ready just in case :-)

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    12-20 weeks!?!?!
    (2009) (2011) (2013)

It's another sweet

My sway- http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

BFP 2/24 at 8 dpo
    EDD - November 7 2016

6. Likes sunnygirl liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep over 12 weeks is optimal.

As well said above, your body WILL almost definitely adjust, how fast varies but that's fine! Ease into it at a pace comfortable for you. It gets so much easier.

It's actually bad to lose weight rapidly, gradually is better and more likely to stay off.

I would avoid HIIT, that could sway blue and just walk/jog briskly for a 60+ min.

Feeling depressed or discouraged can sway pink so the diet may already be working.

I always had a super high libido and tons of EWCM before I started swaying. I still have a highish libido but not off the charts. I have MUCH less EWCM on the diet, mostly just creamy CM. Pre-diet my T was on the low side of normal, now my T level is undectable. But I still have a sex drive and EWCM 1-3 days per cycle. I wouldn't assume anything about your T level based on those aspects, and we don't even know if T in women sways for sure.
    Last edited by maidentomother; January 19th, 2016 at 12:58 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

8. Likes sunnygirl liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been on it 2 weeks and lost 2ib which is hardly a lot but am hoping my body will realise and kick start the weight loss as the weeks go by as I am doing the exercise part ... I think it's easy to feel discouraged but u have had some great replies on here that have actually helped the way I feel tonight too -I'm worried in not being strict enough but I know I'm doing my best easing into the diet and I keep thinking next month I will be even stricter and il be more used to it then it's almost a lifestyle change so it takes time I suppose xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Likes sunnygirl liked this post