Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are my periods to short to get pregnant?

I have always had shorter periods...maybe three to four days only and not too overly heavy. This last period which I thought might be heavier due to the wierd long cycle for me. However I am on cd 3three now and done! I don't get it. I am not pregnant took a test this am just in case and it was BFN. So is the supps making me periods too short? What do you guys think. I take 500mg of vitex and the saw palmetto.
    Tiffany. Due 10/12/14

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It sounds like your body may be affected by the supps and you may just need a month or two for your body to get use to them. Im on cd 9 and only bled for 3 days when im usually a 5 day kinda girl and i think its just from my hormones adjusting from my son stopping breastfeeding.Hope things even out soon for you.
    9899030508 1012 for a one day.Summer 20017 pink sway is a go!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think short or long periods don't mean you can't get pregnant, it's LP that counts

I agree with Queen that you are probably affected by the supps and maybe need sometime to adjust.

I have a friend who has always had very light and short periods, she needed nothing more then panty liners and they lasted for 3 days maximum. She has 2 girls.
    On the other hand, my periods are super heavy ( there was a point in my life where I considered to buy diapers for the adults because 'regular' products weren't enough) and they last gor 5 days and I have 2 girls. So maybe it's not a swaying factor after all.
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My actual period shortened from 5 days to about 3 but then I had spotting for a few days after that. I'm sure it's the diet and the supplements

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've just started taking vitex and my AF seems to have been shorter too - perhaps it's a side effect of that

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My periods were much shorter and lighter on supps. Also had spotting which I had never had before.
    2006 2007 2009 due May 2012
    BFP at 11 dpo.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The length of your period has nothing to do with your ability to fall pregnant.

I have light periods that are often only 3 days and I've never had one bit of trouble getting pg (thankfully.)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, my bottle of vitex says that it is used to reduce menstrual cramping. So maybe shorter lighter cycles come from that? I didn't find my cycle to change much, I still bleed/spot for about 8 days, vitex or no vitex.