Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Please help me with my diet - not getting enough calories and struggling to eat any more!

I started my diet on Monday, and weighed myself this morning and I've already lost 2lbs... I was only 105-6lbs to begin with, I'm 103lbs this morning. I'm BF and my milk supply doesn't seem to be affected. Before this my weight had been very stable to within a lb for about 6 months. According to my BMI I won't be underweight until I reach a total of 93lbs because I'm short.

I've been struggling to plan meals that are above 1500 calories, most of them seem to come in way under that. Yesterdays was more along the 900 calorie mark so I had to force myself to eat some iced fingers I really didn't feel I had room for.

This is what I've eaten the last few days:
    Day 2
    crackers + cheddar : Total: 381 calories, 14.1g protein, 14.4g fat, 220mg sodium (for 8 with cheddar)
    egg fried rice: Total: 529 calories, 16.7g protein, 7.6g fat, 80mg sodium
    coco pops: 175 calories, 6g protein, 3g fat, 150mg sodium
    2 WW lemon cake slices 160 calories 1.6g protein 1g fat 20mg sodium
    4 Marshmallows 95 calories 0.9g protein trace fat trace sodium

TOTAL: 1340 calories 39.3g protein 26g fat, 470mg sodium

Day 3
    1.5 pitta + salad: 225 calories, 9.3g protein, 1.05g fat, 270mg sodium
    pasta + tomato sauce: Total: 790 calories, 18.8g protein, 2.2g fat, trace sodium
    victoria sponge 329 calories 4.5g protein 15.1g fat 150mg sodium

total: 1519 calories, 38.6g protein, 21.35g fat, 570mg sodium
    plus 250mls of full fat coke

Day 4
    1.5 pitta + salad: 225 calories, 9.3g protein, 1.05g fat, 270mg sodium
    43g chicken: 71 calories 13.35g protein 1.55g fat 32mg sodium
    philadelphia and roasted veg pasta: 249 calories, 9.3g protein, 10.6g fat, trace sodium
    4 Marshmallows 95 calories 0.9g protein trace fat trace sodium
    1 toffee dodger 83 calories 1.1g protein 3.1g fat trace sodium
    3 iced fingers 366 calories 7.8g protein 8.7g fat 210mg sodium

total with extra snacks: 1264 calories 48.65g protein 28g fat 662mg sodium
    plus 250mls of full fat coke

I don't think I can keep eating as much as I did yesterday as I have had tummy ache all night too... I feel like I overate yesterday.

please tell me what I can eat that isn't filling, and will add lots of calories without going overboard on the protein, fat, and sodium. Any other meal suggestions welcome too.

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Rainbow, I'd love to be helpful but I've struggled with this myself and there are no good answers. The only things I can suggest are full fat coke and sweets! I've put 5/6 pounds back on but not as I should have, I've put it on through fat from eating chocolate and normal food, I just on't know the answer, sorry!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don´t know how desperate you are to get pink, but in your case starting off at 105 and BF-ing I wouldn´t do the LE diet, in my opinion you´re going to loose to much and become really underweight before 6 weeks are over. you might stop ovulating and you don´t know how long it will take to conceive, you might need to gain then.
    I would try to really eat less meat, fish and eggs, cut down on fat and dairy and eat a lot of pasta, rice, bread, sweets, fruit, cake and drink pop and juice cake all day long. This way perhaps you would lose really slowly but your food would be more girl friendly. I don´t know if it is a good suggestion, just my personal thoughts. GL
    6 3
    swayed for a

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Aww Swish, I don't think there's a good answer is there? it seems impossible to meet the other criteria whilst keeping calories up if you don't want to lose weight.

I think Indira is right - something needs to be relaxed, but I'm not sure what that should be. Looking at Atomics list it seems that calories are most important, so I take that to mean eating more EVEN if it is higher in sodium/protein/fat...

Perhaps the way forwards for me is to simply stop counting nutrients? Pick the things that are lower in them, but not limit myself?
    Who knows, maybe I'm losing weight simply because I'm eating less chocolate and cake now, things I used to eat probably twice a day. My DH says that usually the first weight to go is water retention and that after the first week it should settle, but I feel so bloated!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Heavens - why did you stop eating cake? That's something you can have on this diet - especially when you're struggling with getting enough calories as you are now - I think you should still eat that as often as you used to. I also agree with swish that you should consider including juice or full sugar Coke for lots of empty calories.

I agree that maybe the LE diet isn't for you and I'd hate to see you lose so much weight you stop ovulating. I think as long as you follow a vegetarian, low sodium, low nutrient diet (choose simple carbs over complex carbs, etc.) you'll be swaying. What kinds of things did you eat in a typical day before the diet?
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Where is the list of reccomended girl foods from this site? TIA!
    Now SIXbabies!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks mocha, a new plan is forming in my mind! I used to always have breakfast of shreddies with full fat milk. Quite liked convenient lunches like beans on toast, those pasta sachets, sometimes ready meals, sandwiches with meat and occasionally crisps - usually aimed to get 2 portions of fruit and veg. Tea was often potatoes/pasta/rice always with meat (red meat a few times per week) and veg or salad. I'd have a cake or choc bar mid afternoon because I'd be hungry, and another in the evening as a reward for making it through the day and also because I'd have a hunger nothing else would sate!

The food lists for the LE and French diets are in the private forums

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fivebabies View Post
    Where is the list of reccomended girl foods from this site? TIA!
    It is in the Dream Members section or I can PM you a copy. Some of the people on other sites (NOT IG!!) have sticky fingers.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Homemade low sodium bread with or without butter, honey, jam
    Corn tortillas fried in butter
    White rice
    Full sugar pop/apple or cran juice/rice milk
    Salads with homemade salad dressings either mayo or oil and vinegar based, with sugar, and cheese (even a bit of full fat cheese would be ok if that's all you were having.)
    Apple, banana, pear, strawberries, etc (you do not need to count the protein in any fruit you eat, those are freebies.)
    Potatoes/sweet potatoes
    More marshmallows or other sweets
    Diet yogurt
    Green beans/green bean salads
    Sweetcorn
    Tahini/mayonnaise on the pitas

Since your issue is seeming to come from an inability to eat enough at one sitting, please feel free to resume breakfast until a couple of days prior to O. You don't need to eat much more, so I suspect that an additional meal will set you right.

Remember, if you are losing weight, your muscles are shrinking. You can get away with more protein if you need to (although frankly I usu. lose weight when I eat more protein because I get really super full.)

Question, what do you normally eat??? How do you get your calories usually?

When I'm breastfeeding, I can eat a truly amazing amount of calories. It is nothing for me to drink 3 and 4 pops a day and lose weight.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Marshmallows are ok? I was eating them a couple of months ago then noticed they have gelatin in them and stopped.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast