Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confused Blood sugar and TTC pink

Hi everyone. I'm TTC pink this cycle. Today is CD 3 and I expect our attempt to be CD 13.
    I'm skipping breakfast, using rephresh, saw palmetto for me, licorice for DH, planning a single attempt 2-3 days before O. Also trying to lose weight and incorporate artificial sweeteners.

I take metformin for pcos which is controlled. My question is because of the metformin (1000mg twice daily) can I relax just a bit on the tight blood sugar control by diet? I know metformin will not decrease your sugar if it is not already elevated, but will it at least keep it from being high? I have been doing the diet a month. I know that's not super long but I'm starting to find it really hard to continue.

Basically, if I relax on the diet a little am I going to wreck my sway? I even lost 3 lbs but now I'm just fighting to maintain that.

Thanks for any advice!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You ARE doing the full diet, PCOS version of LE, right? Not just skipping breakfast?

Are you asking if being on Metfotmin makes snacking ok? If so, the answer is no, it doesn't. We actually don't know why the diet, the long fast/skipoing breakfast, and the no snacking sway. We have theories as to why and how, but they're just theories. Keeping blood sugar low is just one of those theories, so I strongly recommend sticking to every aspect of the diet & sway.

Metformin doesn't necessarily make up for your PCOS; I would err on the side of caution by assuming that even on the Met, you're still not where a 'normal' person would be, let alone a super magical pink swaying level strong enough to make dieting unnecessary. Not that we even KNOW what that level would be or look like, bc we really don't know.

If there were any pill pink swayers could take instead if needing to diet, we would all be doing that! And some pharma co. would have discovered this effect and marketed it heavily from the get-go.
    Last edited by maidentomother; February 17th, 2016 at 04:07 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    WE don't KNOW that it's blood sugar levels in and of themselves meaning they can be tested on a monitor and shown to be low, that even sways. We do know that diet is swaying. I think for most of us, it's not blood sugar necessarily, but whateer it is our bodies DO to keep blood sugar in normal range, that sways. Thus, I think it's best to try to stick with diet if you can. But yes on the Metformin you are probably going to have to alter your eating because it will make you sick if you don't eat a little different when taking it. That is ok.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ