Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thoughts on path I should take to ttc

Hi ladies

So for all of you that have followed the saga...now that I'm On the mend I'm not sure what to do.

My body has a lot of recovery needed after 17 weeks of pregnancy followed by 8 weeks of illness begore I can get pregnant again. I'm. Scared if I walk into it with sub optimal health it will be another disastrous loss.

I'm taking a lot of antioxidants and cleansing/detoxing all those drugs they had me on, as well as my coq10 and royal jelly. I'm mostly began these days but am taking a fair bit of vitamins, especially in the b family.

Do you think after all that's transpired I should focus on health first and foremost or should I keep it as LE as possible? I really want my girl more than ever but a loss like that again would kill me. I'm not really sure what to do.

I'm playing both sides at the moment: vegan LE food and exercising 1 hr cardio 6-7 days a week, but I'm also taking a lot of vitamins and detoxing like mad in hopes that I will be stronger when the time comes and have a successful 36 week+ pregnancy!

We really want that girl. Our plan is 90 days, today is cd1 for me so in 3.5 months we will have our attempt. Anything I do now effects the outcome.

Thoughts/arguments for either side ?

So grateful for your opinions.

You ladies have been such a blessing!

I still cry a lot but it's getting easier ♡

Hugs and baby dust to all.
    My Ovulation Chart
    : March 3, 2016 baby girl @ 17w to EColi January 7, 2017 baby girl @ 15w to placental abruption
    TTC our dream baby and praying for a safe pregnancy with a take home baby in my arms

2. Likes XXforhubby, Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Huge hugs sweetie! I'm so glad that you're on the mend!

Hmmmm. I'd stay in the upper limit with everything- 1800 cals, 50-60g protein, 50-60g fat, since you're so depleted. As for the supplements, I personally would only take the ones needed if you had a deficiency in anything. Otherwise, I'd just let your body work on its own to get back to homeostasis. The body is great at detoxing itself. I'd be hesitant to take anything extra. Otherwise, I think everything sounds good!

My heart goes out to you, sweetie! I'll be stalking for updates!

DS1, DS2, & DS3
    One last pink sway 2016
    My Ovulation Chart

4. Likes Erin514, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with xxforhubby. In your shoes I would probably still sway but just be very relaxed with it. Single attempt and daily exercise will not increase possibility of miscarriage so you have some sway tactics without any worry. I don't think the diet HAS to be unhealthy, it's just that some ladies take it too far and do the candy and diet coke diet. Stay near upper limits and eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, rather than just empty carbs.

I don't know that you need all the vitamins, as folic acid is the only one that would prevent birth defects, but do whatever you feel comfortable with, because you don't want to create stress for yourself.

I would drop royal jelly though. I don't think it's been proven to increase fertility and it can cause allergies.
    Surprise 2012. FGD sway opposite 2015
    Jan. 2017 (swayed pink).
    LE sway opposite 2017

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the above advice from xx and Erin is great and have nothing to add just wanted to say I am glad to hear you're on the mend and good luck for your attempt. Xx
    [2012] [2013] TTC [2016/7]

8. Likes amelia10 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think vegan, cardio, and one attempt is a great sway. I agree about only taking supps needed for deficiencies and would drop RJ for sure. Other than high dose folate, you should be able to get what you need from diet. Love the advice about lots of ptoduce and not so much empty carbs.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel nervous to advise you on this, because my opinion, for whatever that is worth, is that you may have messed your cycle up with the 11 herbs and spices approach in the past, and while I know you and I don't agree on this I do want to reiterate that in my experience, the people who take all the things are the ones who have really messed up cycles and aren't getting pregnant till they drop most of them. I know there are tons of people online who swear by some of these things and the people who sell them make them seem miraculous sometimes but I have just seen them doing more harm than good again and again and never once have seen anyone who wasn't taking ENOUGH herbs. no one isn't getting pregnant because of a shortage of dried pulverized Martian toadstools.

So my (very very humble suggestion) is to drop the B vitamins and the royal jelly and give me a list of what you're taking and I can tell you the ones that have caused trouble for people in the past.

I do not believe in detoxes. Again, not something we probably see eye to eye on, but there is no evidence they do anything for you and all of them have components that are strong laxatives and you need to be building yourself up now, not depleting yourself further.

I would focus on doing a healthy vegan diet (although I do think you could really benefit from whole milk and eggs) at max LE cals 1800-2000 and I'd do upper levels of protein and fat. Cardio is great.

Can you give me a list of the herbs and antioxidants you're on?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

11. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post