Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Luck BD frequency question - help tonight please!

Looking for opinions for my pink sway!
    I know one attempt is an important component, so we are doing bd every four days, with our attempt falling on day 13. I usually O day 16 (with first positive opk day 14).
    But I am starting to second guess myself! I have had several early losses and a couple bfn cycles. So I am in the mindset now of what is more important - having a girl, or just getting pregnant faster.

My sway has pretty much gone down the tubes. I am doing saw palmetto, ASA, repHresh, weight loss, and bd every 4 days with one attempt. I know LE diet is really the biggest piece of the puzzle, but in all honesty that ship has sailed and I'm not on it.

So I'm wondering if instead of one attempt on day 13, should I bd on days 12 and 14? Would it hurt my sway much? Or is there anything else I can change to increase my odds of getting pregnant without affecting a pink sway?

Help! Today is day 12, so looking for your thoughts asap.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, it's always going to be a personal call how you balance sway tactics vs. just wanting to get pregnant already. If you BD every 2 days--days 12 & 14, it will sway blue. Would you be willing to try every 3 days for a couple cycles first to see if that does the trick? Tonight plus day 15, or else if you feel like day 14 is really your lucky day, just wait until then to BD and again at day 17 in case you're late. I would drop the other stuff before going more than every 3 days, personally.

If you don't want to do diet for whatever reason it's obviously your call, but when you say "that ship has sailed", it makes me wonder if you just feel like it's too late too start because you're hoping so badly to get a bfp this cycle. If that is the case I'd say you may as well still give it a try in case you take another cycle or two. Even 6 weeks on would boost your odds. If you've just decided it's not for you, then nevermind.

I'm sorry for your losses and Fx you get a sticky bfp soon.
    Last edited by Erin514; May 25th, 2016 at 09:28 PM.
    Surprise 2012. FGD sway opposite 2015
    Jan. 2017 (swayed pink).
    LE sway opposite 2017

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your advice. As far as the diet goes, I have already been doing weight watchers for a long time and had added in le, but am struggling to stay on any plan the last few weeks. So I'm def not doing le, but I'm trying to at least stay on track enough that I lose some weight and hopefully that will sway.

Anyway, the decision was made for me last night - hubby was asleep by 9:30! Hopefully tonight is the lucky night.

4. Likes Erin514 liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm jumping in here because I have been wondering the same thing as mkddav! I have another question too along the same lines...if she were to DTD on day 16, the day that she ovulated, rather than the day of positive OPK, does that increase odds of having a boy? Since Shettles was the first thing I read about back when I started researching gender swaying, I have it stuck in my head that DTD on the day of ovulation will give you a boy. I know timing has been proven not to work, but I am wondering about DTD on ovulation day as opposed to the day of the positive OPK.
    - 2010, - 2014, TTC 2016

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

BD frequency question - help tonight please!

The thing about DTD on O day, is that often people don't know really what O day is. Even with and US, all that can be confirmed is the presence or lack of follicles, and the presence or lack of a CL. O date is a best guess even if you use opks, chart, and have an US. You can't go by pains because they can happen before, during, or after. Plus, as soon as people start to TTC cycles change and symptoms change making it even harder.

That being said, DTD on O date really cuts the odds of conception. It takes normal healthy sperm up to 12 hours to fully capacitate to be able to fertilize the egg and the egg itself is only viable for up to 12 hours MAX (usually much lower than this). The best odds of conception are from DTD at O-2 and O-1 giving the sperm the best chances of being there waiting for the egg to be released. This, for most people, ends up being at the positive opk. A positive opk detects the LH surge which typically happens anywhere from 12-48 hours before O.

Many of us on here have gotten Shettles opposites. Going by Shettles, I technically should have 3 girls, hahaha!

FX and GL to you!

DS1, DS2, & DS3
    One last pink sway 2016
    My Ovulation Chart

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's very good to know xxforhubby!!! Thank you for the info! I never thought of it that way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - 2010, - 2014, TTC 2016

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    PLEASE drop saw palmetto and RepHresh BEFORE adding attempts. Those things do cut odds of conception and neither have gotten good results.

Since number of attemtps has really seemed effective for us, I vastly prefer that you guys drop everything less effective FIRST before adding attempts.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jdd1017 View Post
    I'm jumping in here because I have been wondering the same thing as mkddav! I have another question too along the same lines...if she were to DTD on day 16, the day that she ovulated, rather than the day of positive OPK, does that increase odds of having a boy? Since Shettles was the first thing I read about back when I started researching gender swaying, I have it stuck in my head that DTD on the day of ovulation will give you a boy. I know timing has been proven not to work, but I am wondering about DTD on ovulation day as opposed to the day of the positive OPK.
    with XX Shettles does not work and I have 4 timing opposites to prove it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, I will do that. Have already cut out RepHresh... Not because I meant to, but because I forgot to use it! Lol, oh well. If that helps me conceive so much the better.
    I am only using SP and RepHresh because I have some left, but if this is not the lucky cycle I won't be buying any more. And also will give the diet another whirl.

Jdd, I personally don't think O day is a good idea. That was my day last cycle (by accident because O came early), and I was too late. It probably was about 12 h after O, though I didn't know at the time, and by then the egg was likely long gone.

Anyway, fingers crossed for tonight!

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, I will do that. Have already cut out RepHresh... Not because I meant to, but because I forgot to use it! Lol, oh well. If that helps me conceive so much the better.
    I am only using SP and RepHresh because I have some left, but if this is not the lucky cycle I won't be buying any more. And also will give the diet another whirl.

Jdd, I personally don't think O day is a good idea. That was my day last cycle (by accident because O came early), and I was too late. It probably was about 12 h after O, though I didn't know at the time, and by then the egg was likely long gone.

Anyway, fingers crossed for tonight!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast