Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Super Confused about Frequency!!!

I had a friend who had a girl who had a seemingly boy friendly lifestyle, besides a few things that confuses the crap out of me that she had a girl! She was:

(Non strict) Vegan - sways girl
    Ate a crap ton of calories/ate a lot - sways boy
    Ate a high nutrient diet - sways boy
    Took prenatals faithfully - sways boy
    Had sex every day (actual attempts) 7 days in a row during fertile window!!! - Sways boy!
    Has PCOS - Sways girl

What gives???
    Was it seriously only having PCOS and not eating meat/dairy that gave her a girl??

I am a vegetarian that eats cheese and eggs and hubs and I are on our second failed cycle. I feel like I'll never get pregnant unless we have sex more!! I'm 35 on June 25th, and my friend was 30 when she conceived.

I'm just confused about frequency. When you try the every 4 day method, is the man releasing inside you every four days? So having sex MORE increases your fertility or something?

When my son was conceived when I was 31 years old, we didn't have sex every single day, but we had more than one attempt during the fertile period.

I'm about to give up swaying for a girl because I am afraid I won't get pregnant at all!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This swaying busy is hard, there is so much chance with it still, even with a perfect sway your odds are in the 70% range but that is still a really good odds of a boy and that is best case scenario. I know plenty of people with very boy swaying lifestyles with all girls and the reverse. e4d the man has to release inside you. I think e4d really reduces the odds of conception, not as much as what I did this month one attempt.

It is so frustrating but I have noticed lots of people on here who have been swaying hard for a girl and then stop swaying and just try to get pregnant or give up and have an oopies and end up with girls, gl

3. Likes Lissastick, momof5boyzz liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah. This is really hard. I can't lie to myself...I really really want a girl, but, I think I really really want a baby more. Even if the baby is a BOY! HAHA!
    I think I am going to give up and leave it up to the Universe. I am so impatient and the waiting and negative tests are not for me. I think my husband wants to have sex and release inside me every single day for a week. I kind of want that too! Better odds of getting g pregnant. I think!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think your right, I think as well the stress and anxiety caused by all tempting, monitoring, waiting etc might cause problems with conceiving at all and in particular conceiving s girl. For some people the body might not produce an egg at all because the environment is so stressful. Obviously babies are conceived in war torn countries were stress is unbearable high but I think it is all about what your relative base line levels are and for someone in those scenario there baseline would be higher anyway. Sorry this is rambling, I suppose what I mean is the more relaxed one can be the better the odds of a baby and it been a girl. In regards to frequency of sex, I had sex everyday in my fertile period with dc 1 @ 2 and got one of each with dc 3 I had 1 attempt in fertile very girl sway tactic ( not due to swaying just circumstances) and got a boy. I think your relaxed approach will be great and frequent sex will increase your odds of pregnancy, good luck, keep us posted am keeping everything crossed for you! X

6. Likes jdd1017, Lissastick liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I too am a vegetarian, but i was a meat eater when i had both my boys. I have two friends, one vegan and one a veggie all their life, both have two boys. So, it might sway girl being a vegan/veggie but it will be that ALONG with some other things your friend did that possibly resulted in a girl. And one of my friends i mentioned above just had a baby girl - and not by more sex, in fact, only twice at a positive OPK (one day and then the next day). She was not swaying.
    The every 4 day method means you get at least one attempt in your fertile period without having to use OPK's. In your case, as you seem fairly rushed, perhaps Atomic can suggest something else for you to try.
    Im not sure what else you are doing to sway but what ever you decide. All the very best and wishing you a speedy BFP xx
    Last edited by squigglepink; June 12th, 2016 at 08:40 AM.

Happy with my crew and no more are due xx

8. Likes Lissastick liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I understood that PCOS sways boy but the medication one sometimes takes for PCOS can sway girl. Do you know if she was on Clomid or Metformin? Clomid STRONGLY sways pink, so much so that I think it can override a boy-friendly diet.
    I would argue that the many attempts may have decreased sperm count enough to sway girl as well. That's why when people are having trouble conceiving, doctors will usually recommend having sex less frequently to give the sperm a chance. Every single day is not good for fertility.
    You said she eats a lot of calories but does she eat/snack all day long or mainly just has all her calories within 2-3 meals?

Maybe you should go down to the every 3 days method? It's still a good pink tactic but gives you a higher chance of conception. Or, if you want to go the opk route, keep up with every 4 days and just add an attempt at your first pos opk. Don't get down! I think I read that while swaying pink, it takes an average of 3 or 4 months to conceive. I could be wrong on that but I do know that it generally takes longer to conceive while swaying pink since you're essentially lowering your fertility.
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

10. Thanks atomic sagebrush, skillet04, Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There's not much point trying to analyze your friends' sways because unless you're doing it for 100+ friends, you don't have a decent sample size. Plus, you don't know everything that was really going on in their lives that might factor in.

You're the only one who can say when you've had enough and just want to get pregnant. Good luck, whatever you decide!
    Surprise 2012. FGD sway opposite 2015
    Jan. 2017 (swayed pink).
    LE sway opposite 2017

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please don't start looking at who did what when where and why ESPECIALLY when it comes to people who have ONE kid. That tells you nothing. Even under ideal circumstances we have about 25% opposites with good sways (and the human race would have died out long ago). Additionally especially with those who have girls, there is often underlying fertility challenges that we cannot see that may predispose people to pink. Additionally additionally, what DH brings to the table matters too. you just can't look at one person, with one kid, and draw any conclusions at all. That's why we track our results and do things that have worked for most people most of the time.

Being vegan and getting more of one's fats and protein from vegetable sources sways pink regardless of cal intake according to several animal studies.

PCOS sways BLUE, not pink.

Sex every day actually has the potential to sway pink. I don't think it's reliable and thus I do not use it as a pink sway tactic. But what happens is, they start BD before the fertile window opens, the sperm from the earlier attempts cannot survive the harsh climate of the female repro tract (and if a woman was less fertile which you cannot tell by looking at someone, her fertile window may only last 1-2 days total (studies indicate this may be the case) and anything in there before that time dies IMMEDIATELY due to lack of EWCM). They all die off. Then by the time the fertile window is actually open, the hubby may be totally depleted from the daily release. The reason I do not use this method as a pink sway tactic is because first of all those of us who make boys are usually more fertile, our fertile window may last much longer, we make more EWCM, our husbands may have better and more numerous sperm to start with, etc etc etc. Secondly, life has a way of interfering with this plan and when people try it they often end up missing a day or two and then lo and behold are into boy frequency patterns every other day or every 2 days. Just because something may possibly sway pink does not always make it a good sway tactic as there are issues of practicality and doability (that's a word, right?) that have to be taken into consideration.

You are TOTALLY overthinking being on your second cycle. That is nothing. It takes fully fertile couples doing everything to get pregnant, an average of 3-6 months to get pregnant. I have seen this happen SO many times you guys start panicking over 1-2 BFN and then stop swaying, and even go so far as to decide to practically sway blue to get pregnant. DON'T. You CAN get pregnant with swaying, I promise you. We can do things to improve odds of conception gradually over time - this is fine. But don't decide you are now infertile and do everything in your power to boost odds of conception, that's what so many of us did and got boys (myself included)

The every 4 day method is just an easy way of being in with one attempt in the fertile window. That's all. Many times people are mistiming their attempt with OPK (let's say they do not O till 3 days have gone by and that is too long a cutoff for them) and by BD every 4 days you are always in with a chance every month. Additionally, the pattern will change in relation to O so while one month it may shake out where you do have your attempt 3 days before O, the next month just from sheer luck you end up O-1 and that may be a better chance of conception for you. Plus you don't have to think about it, you just DO it!

I really, really urge you to proceed with caution here. I've seen too many people decide "well I can't do EVERYthing so I'll do nothing." No. That is not the way to do this. If you can't do one attempt, ok. Your sway, your way. But then try to go about this gradually and wisely instead of just throwing up your hands and giving up. One attempt, ok, scratch that. Go to every 4 days for a couple months. Or if not that, then every 4 days plus one more attempt at positive OPK OR every 3 days if that's too stressful. But don't go from one attempt to SMEP after 2 months!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlieplease View Post
    This swaying busy is hard, there is so much chance with it still, even with a perfect sway your odds are in the 70% range but that is still a really good odds of a boy and that is best case scenario. I know plenty of people with very boy swaying lifestyles with all girls and the reverse. e4d the man has to release inside you. I think e4d really reduces the odds of conception, not as much as what I did this month one attempt.

It is so frustrating but I have noticed lots of people on here who have been swaying hard for a girl and then stop swaying and just try to get pregnant or give up and have an oopies and end up with girls, gl
    I'm sorry, I do not find this to be true at all, the majority people who give up swaying DO NOT have girls. Oopsies do sway pink, we believe, and also many people who claim they have given up swaying are still doing a lot of stuff left over from the sway when they get girls after a long time. Plus, a lot of our BLUE swayers who take a long time to conceive are ALSO getting girls. I think the reality of the situation is that those couples who take a long time to get pregnant are very often coming in set for pink and thus have more girls than the population as a whole.

A pretty large % of our pink sway opposites are people who freak out and decide they are now infertile and have to do all this stuff to up odds of conception.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

14. Likes XXforhubby, Pink Pony liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    A pretty large % of our pink sway opposites are people who freak out and decide they are now infertile and have to do all this stuff to up odds of conception.
    This was me to a "T" with my last pink sway that resulted with my sweet DS3 . I increased a supplement that I was taking for non-sway purposes, because I read a long term study that said high doses of it increased egg quality in women 35 and older. Well as it turned out, it actually caused my fertility to tank instead of helping it. I ended up needing to take things to increase my fertility and switch to alternate diet just to get pregnant. Trust me, if it ain't broke don't fix it!

DS1, DS2, & DS3
    One last pink sway 2016
    My Ovulation Chart

16. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes The Anchor liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast