Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for posting this! Awesome information.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Viene thanks for that info on nail varnish remover. I was going to include it in my sway. Just been googling it. I read that nail vanish, aerosols, pesticides all reduce progesterone and increased estrogen. Mayb we should be painting our DH nails then ha ha! I also read that dairy increases estrogen levels!!

brand new. Successful girl sway. Thankyou so very much Atomic for all your wonderful advice.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Another princess View Post
    Viene thanks for that info on nail varnish remover. I was going to include it in my sway. Just been googling it. I read that nail vanish, aerosols, pesticides all reduce progesterone and increased estrogen. Mayb we should be painting our DH nails then ha ha! I also read that dairy increases estrogen levels!!
    Whoops Sorry misread the bit about dairy increasing estrogen. Its just the dairy which has been produced by a hormone treated animal which increases estrogen and we already know that. Thats why organic dairy and chicken is best.

brand new. Successful girl sway. Thankyou so very much Atomic for all your wonderful advice.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ugh! What a bummer about this nail polish thing! I need to read into this more....I have been painting my nails regularly recently which is something I never do! The last time I painted my nails was for my high school prom and I'm 35!!!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by OneLastDream View Post
    Does that mean its not good for women to use lavender and paint nails etc or does that lower estrogen in women?
    Wow, I didn't know that. Thank you for the information. I guess I should be getting rid of all my lavender products.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally don't know about any of this, I hope Viene drops by to let us all know! ♥
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you know the actual levels of testosterone and estrogen that are considered high or low? I had my levels tested and they look like they are on the low side for Testosterone but high for estrogen.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Another princess View Post
    Whoops Sorry misread the bit about dairy increasing estrogen. Its just the dairy which has been produced by a hormone treated animal which increases estrogen and we already know that. Thats why organic dairy and chicken is best.
    OK I have read some new info since last I read this post and I feel like I should reply even though it's old.

ALL dairy, organic or non-organic, has hormones in it. This is because the cows are producing milk and they make hormones just like we do when we're producing milk. Lactating cows secrete estrogen into their milk. This is true whether they're treated with additional hormones or not.

Farmers want cows to produce MORE milk than they normally do and for a longer period, so some inject them with cow growth hormone to up their milk production and keep them producing milk for longer. This is IDENTICAL to regular cow growth hormone and the FDA cannot even tell the two apart - ALL milk contains this growth hormone, it's just that some is synthetic and the rest of it is produced naturally by the cow.

So whenever you hear that you MUST drink organic milk because it has no hormones in it, that's NOT true. All milk has hormones in it and they are chemically identical.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulips View Post
    Do you know the actual levels of testosterone and estrogen that are considered high or low? I had my levels tested and they look like they are on the low side for Testosterone but high for estrogen.
    It is different for every person depending on many factors like genetics and body type. Research indicates that it may be a change in your own personal hormones that sway and not your numbers compared to any other person. If you have the highest testosterone and/or estrogen on earth and your numbers drop by 5% right before you conceive, you may have a better chance at conceiving a girl than the person with the lowest on earth whose numbers rise by 5% right before they conceive.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jjc3434 View Post
    So does this Peppermint Tea really lower testosterone? I bought some today and I am not a tea drinker. I figure I should get a head start in trying to lower testosterone, before starting the diet in 2 months. I had two cups of it and it was pretty darn good coming from a non tea drinker. How much should I drink a day?

So increasing progesterone decreases estrogen? I didn't know that. Besides Vitex, what else can I take to increase progesterone? I am going to stop nursing in a month or so. Could I use progesterone cream? And when do I use it in my cycle if so?

If I am not trying to conceive for awhile should I still only take Vitex between period and O?
    Peppermint tea was studied and it really did seem to help in women with PCOS. Now I am not aware of any studies done on women without PCOS and it may be that it does nothing.

I don't know that increasing progesterone increases estrogen (can't find where I said that, I"m sorry ). It's probably the ratio of one to the other that matters.

Some people have tried the prog creams but they make me nervous because if you start using them, you must use them throughout your entire first tri and never skip a day because your body gets "used" to that level of progesterone and if you stop it too soon (or even just miss a day) you risk a miscarriage.

I think we need an essay on raising progesterone naturally!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast