Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Delete

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Please Delete

-
    Last edited by Complex Emotions; November 8th, 2017 at 12:53 AM.

2. Thanks LinzNicuRN thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry I have no advice but will be following with interest as am sort of in a similar position. I have three babies conceived first time trying using cb fertility monitor, no swaying involved. Decided to start swaying for a sister for dd, was obese about two years ago and started dieting and exercising, nothing to do with swaying as I did not know about it then. In January I started lovely following le and increasing the exercise. Started diet and exercise hard core in April and we had attempt in June and July. Both unsuccessful, I think my timing was spot on both months. In total I have lost 7 stone and if I lose much more I will be underweight. Not the same as you as your low weight already but am wondering if weight loss is making it difficult for me to conceive? I am also exercising 6 days per week. Thinking of dropping the intensity to walking in case this is a factor. I discovered am only having lp of 9 days as well, the only other time I measured stuff in relation to ovulation was when I was trying for each of my babies, as I got pregnant first time I did not have an lp, so am not sure such a short lp is normal or not. It is such a frustrating process, fingers crossed and good luck!

4. Thanks Complex Emotions thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally I don't think the seasonal factor can sway enough to make it worth skipping so many months of ttc, but if your primary reason for wanting the break is because you feel depleted or in need of a break for your sanity, that's completely different. Similarly, I know prenatals are generally a no for pink, but if you've been swaying this long and are worried about being deficient, do what you need to relax and sleep at night. Just my 2¢
    Surprise 2012. FGD sway opposite 2015
    Jan. 2017 (swayed pink).
    LE sway opposite 2017

6. Thanks Complex Emotions, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would try not to start panicking now, after only 2-3 months of good attempts, and unless a doctor confirmed a good reason to take supplements other than folic acid I wouldn't take them. Unless you are very unsure of it I think it would be better to drop the supplements and continue to TTC through the fall. I think the supplements are likely to sway more strongly than the month of conception. I know it's hard to decide when no one can really know what the outcome will be but that's what I would do.

8. Thanks Complex Emotions, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As a former long term pink swayer and as someone that also had wacky cycles+low BMI, I'm going to tell you DO NOT skip months of TTC! Especially if it's for seasonal reasons. My niece and my mom were both conceived during prime "boy months" along with many other girls I know. If you're at a low weight then getting pregnant asap is very important. Not ovulating until cd20 is not a long time at all! Sure it's frustrating when your cycles change but it's still considered normal. There are some of us here (myself included) that can go months without ovulating (now that's frustrating!). It's totally possible to get pregnant at a low weight if you're ovulating (I did) but like I said, it's important to focus on getting pregnant as quickly as possible. Also, I highly recommend getting a custom plan with Atomic if you're feeling lost as to what to do. She's a huge help!
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

10. Thanks Complex Emotions, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes XXforhubby, skillet04 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll echo that the seasonal factor is the weakest part of your swaying -- even though there's some science on it, your observations on your family are anecdotal. Plus, winter conception is linked to boys, and fall is "neutral," so trying now through then would still line up with your plan.

I personally think a prenatal would be good for you -- you have so much going pink here that it wouldn't hurt imo. I took a prenatal AND prenatal DHA and had a girl, I was just very LE otherwise.

You're still in the window of average times to conceive, but since time is an issue: your BMI is concerning. I personally think that could be a factor in conceiving here, but if it's not too different a weight than when you had your son, I'd think eating a healthier amount of calories but with different macros might help.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

12. Thanks Complex Emotions, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It doesn't matter if your husband comes from a male heavy family. ALL men make equal amounts of X and Y sperm. My DH's family is very heavily female but we only have boys. Also, my mom was the first girl born in her family in 30 years!!
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

14. Likes Complex Emotions liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    CE, I think you and I are very similar in our over analytical personality, haha. And with that said, I tell you that we are probably each other's hopes: the same person each ending up with the other's DG!

So because I think I get you, let me break my anecdotal tale down, since I had a lot going for blue, really:
    *Martha personality to an outrageous extent (the quiz circulating around this forum said I had a 95% chance of having a boy based on that lol)
    * Total blue DTD pattern
    * Always O'd
    * Was taking prenatals for months
    * Was lifting weights for years
    * Have no thyroid/permanent hypothyroid (though I was being run high to get pregnant)
    * Got pregnant immediately
    * Period has never been light ever until my first postpartum period. Seriously -- after no period from BC for years, my first period coming off of it was a bloodbath lol. Even when I "lost" my period due to anorexia when I was younger, it got irregular and stayed heavy whenever it did come.

Semi-possible blue things (in your mind):
    * DH comes from boy heavy family
    * DH has high T
    * Conceived in September
    * Was stressed (am always stressed to some extent though)

We got a girl, and my very LE factors were:
    * Tons of cardio on top of lifting
    * Low calorie (had an ED relapse)
    * No red meat and not much other meat
    * No breakfast ever
    * Followed an intermittent fasting approach to eating
    * Decent amounts of caffeine and regular alcohol use

I also had just come off the pill, and my DH was unusually stressed out from his job, was occasionally smoking a cigar, and had been boating in the sun regularly.

So there's some stuff to peruse.

Re: your calorie intake. Are you weighing and measuring your food to see if those calories are accurate? The truth is that metabolisms truly don't vary much from person to person unless there's a disorder/medical issue. People can burn more based on body composition, but if you're losing weight to the point of being underweight on those calories and you're not breastfeeding (are you?), I'd wonder if something else is up.

16. Likes Complex Emotions liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post

We got a girl, and my very LE factors were:
    * Tons of cardio on top of lifting
    * Low calorie (had an ED relapse)
    * No red meat and not much other meat
    * No breakfast ever
    * Followed an intermittent fasting approach to eating
    * Decent amounts of caffeine and regular alcohol use
    Omg. I just had to say that I am feeling SO good about my (what I call weak) sway after reading this!!! I haven't been great with my L.E. diet aspirations, but I always skip breakfast, I'm a vegetarian and I do intermittent fasting (not even on purpose!) and I drink wine and coffee generously....
    I just added in cardio to my sway, but not sure that will actually have a major effect on my swaying because I JUST started. But...I have a better chance at pink than I realized!
    Thanks for posting that!!!
    DS 1 Born August 2013
    DS 2 (Due May 15th, 2017)

18. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Emotions View Post
    I took a 1/2 prenatal again today but I'm thinking about finding a supplement that's zinc only. Unfortunately the zinc I've seen in stores so far is HUGE like 50mg. I'd prefer something that offers more like the amount I'm actually short per day, like maybe 5mgs. Or maybe someone has a suggestion for a LE type food that I could get more zinc from... I feel like I need to take a 1/2 prenatal in the meantime until I get this figured out.
    Oysters!

20. Thanks Complex Emotions thanked for this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast