Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lp getting shorter!

Please can someone help. I started trying for baby number 4 in June 2016. I use clearblue fertility monitor, digital ovulation sticks, tempting vaginally. We decided to opt for one attempt at positive OPK but then moved to e4d's. In June my lp was only 8 or 9 days. Atomic recommended I include 4-6 eggs per week, one portion of red meat, daily diary. I also got no peak reading on the clear blue fertility monitor. In July I got no peak on the cb fertility monitor, again we went with one attempt at positive OPK and then e4d's. Both months unsuccessful so I wondered if maybe I did not ovulate. Went to gp, he is unconcerned but he did say we would do a blood draw at cd 21 to check progesterone. This month we decided to go with e3d's. We DTD on Saturday early hours 12:30 30 th of July. On Sunday the 31St at 7:30am I got an egg symbol ( peak fertility) on clear blue fertility monitor and a static smilie on the digital, I debated whether to have another attempt but decided against it. I did not expect to get pregnant but what I am concerned about is that only 7 days on my period has arrived. My lp is barely 7 days, what on earth? I am so gutted about this short lp. Is it even possible to get pregnant with that short lp? I really don't know what to do, I feel very lost, please help! Many thanks

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also should add that I had my bloods taken on Friday (5 th of August to test progesterone so hopefully something will show up in that! Thanks again x

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did answer parts of this in more detail in another post you asked about it.

What you have to remember about a short LP in one month is that you can't therefore assume you will always have that short an LP. What happened this month tells you nothing about what will happen next month. You can get pregnant with a 8-10 day LP, 7 is cutting it fine but remember that you don't know what your LP will be next month.

Can you tell me everything else you have going on?? EVen some things that seem unimportant like peppermint tea or a lot of soy foods may mess with the cycle.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlieplease View Post
    Also should add that I had my bloods taken on Friday (5 th of August to test progesterone so hopefully something will show up in that! Thanks again x
    Keep me posted with what the bloods revealed.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I only got the results from the receptionist, have an appt tomorrow, she said two things they tested came back normal but she did not say what they were possible estrogen? And progesterone was borderline, gp added a note to say possible ovulation, confirm next month, discuss with gp. I cannot explain it, I know something was up and this borderline result convinces me even more so.
    My sway is pretty basic, trying to stick to protein and fat as per le, less than 1800 cals, exercise 6 days per week ( running, cardio dvd, walking), coffee three times a day ( black so it is not a snack), alcohol one unit per day. I have reduced diet coke to 2 -3 portions per day. Usually two meals. I get up at 6:30 - 7 am, exercise. Black coffee at 9:30am, lunch at 12 - 1 pm, dinner at 6 pm-7pm. I usually have salad for lunch, or soup. Dinner is usually vegetarian sausages, burgers or some other meat substitute and usually rice, potatoes, pasta or cous cous. Only supplements am taking is folic acid. We are doing nothing with frequent release or abstain, dh is doing what he likes in this regard. Last month we did e3d's, no swallow release or anything that decrease conception odds, legs elevated afterwards, then straight to sleep. Cannot think of anything else. Thanks so much for your help, it is so very much appreciated! X

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Up cals to 1800-2000 and make those extra cals be the full fat dairy, 4-6 eggs a week, salmon or red meat combo.

Go to 3 meals a day so you can fit all that food in.

Keep going with e3d. I think this was most likely just a one-off and please try to keep in mind that your body WILL be working to fix this. It is normal for everyone to have a short LP now and then even without swaying.