Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Need advice on girl sway after chemical pregnancy

Hi all,

I don't exercise. Other than running around after my two-year-old son, I am pretty much a couch potato. In the last few weeks I've lost 2.2kg, which would mostly be from diet alone. DH is 31, I'm 29, 5ft4 height, weight is 62.8kg, with a bmi of 23.8. My diet consists of a piece of toast for breakfast with a coffee (Some days I skip breakfast or might have a biscuit with my coffee) for lunch I have either leftover dinner from the night before (Usually curry and rice), or buy sushi, or noodles with pork and veggies from my local shop. As of this week I plan to start having salads for lunch. In the last few months my husband and i have been eating vegetarian dinners at least 3-4 times a week, and the rest of the week we'll have white meat chicken/squid. Red meat isn't a big part of our diet, but we still do have it occasionally.

Just this week I had a miscarriage. I was almost 5 weeks. I've been reading mixed reviews on women being very fertile right after a chemical pregnancy and also conceiving girls. I'm still not 100% sure if conceiving after miscarriage sways pink.

After reading the exercise enigma on this site, and taking into account that I most likey have lost muscle mass in the last 6 weeks due to my lifestyle, my question is, should I (A) try again after the bleeding stops? Are my chances of conceiving a girl likely, especially with the high fertility after a chemical?
    Or (b) should i set a date for le diet + 6 days a week for 60min workout? if B i will probably diet and exercise for 8-9 weeks before attempting.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Also just thought i'd add, with my son i wasn't swaying, but i wanted to up my chances of ttc and read to exercise. So 2-3 months before conception took place i was at the gym 3-4 days a week, but still eating what i wanted which would have probably been HE diet. I wouldn't have even looked at a vegetarian meal 2 years ago let alone eat it 3-4 times a week as i've been doing. DH and I were bd'ing every other day when i ovulated.

If i attempt, i'm thinking of doing e3d because e4d didn't work for us one month. I'm not sure if any of you have read The Sperm meets Egg plan by Deanna Roy, but she said that sperm only live 2 days in the female body. Now my DH is a fit, super healthy 31yr old. His job is very active that requires a lot of moving and heavy lifting, and he eats a salad and fruit for lunch everyday and has been doing so for the last year and a half. Would a man of his age and health have 2 day-lasting swimmers, or is age not a factor? Just confused by what i read in Deanna Roy's ebook.
    Last edited by mariannew; November 17th, 2016 at 05:18 PM.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone????

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry for your loss. I really don't know what to tell you re: whether to try right away or wait to be on diet and exercise longer. I do think chemicals sway pink but it's hard to say how much or know how LE-ish your past diet has been without more details on your calories and macros.

Regarding BD attempts I would say DON'T BD every other day for a pink sway unless you're desperate to conceive yesterday. If you can stand to TTC for a few months, only BD once in fertile window (at pos OPK if you use them), or every four days if you can't figure out when you ovulate.

I really don't believe in the theory that sperm only survives two days. I somehow conceived DS1 from BD on CD2, which I thought would be impossible. I've seen a number of women who became pregnant from BD 3-4 days before they think they O'd, although I suppose anyone can be off in their charting. While the odds are best a day or two before O, it can still happen farther out.
    Surprise 2012. FGD sway opposite 2015
    Jan. 2017 (swayed pink).
    LE sway opposite 2017

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Erin for getting back to me. I feel like I'm in limbo. 4 months of trying to end up with bfp then a chemical has sent me through a spiral of emotions. But I do believe there was a reason this had to happen and the pregnancy wasn't meant to be.
    Okay, so I think I'll give e4d another go this cycle. The 2nd day of bleeding my hcg dropped to 2. I've had a full 7 days of bleeding which has finished yesterday-today, so I hope I ovulate this month.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck!
    Surprise 2012. FGD sway opposite 2015
    Jan. 2017 (swayed pink).
    LE sway opposite 2017

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mariannew View Post
    Hi all,

I don't exercise. Other than running around after my two-year-old son, I am pretty much a couch potato. In the last few weeks I've lost 2.2kg, which would mostly be from diet alone. DH is 31, I'm 29, 5ft4 height, weight is 62.8kg, with a bmi of 23.8. My diet consists of a piece of toast for breakfast with a coffee (Some days I skip breakfast or might have a biscuit with my coffee) for lunch I have either leftover dinner from the night before (Usually curry and rice), or buy sushi, or noodles with pork and veggies from my local shop. As of this week I plan to start having salads for lunch. In the last few months my husband and i have been eating vegetarian dinners at least 3-4 times a week, and the rest of the week we'll have white meat chicken/squid. Red meat isn't a big part of our diet, but we still do have it occasionally.

Just this week I had a miscarriage. I was almost 5 weeks. I've been reading mixed reviews on women being very fertile right after a chemical pregnancy and also conceiving girls. I'm still not 100% sure if conceiving after miscarriage sways pink.

After reading the exercise enigma on this site, and taking into account that I most likey have lost muscle mass in the last 6 weeks due to my lifestyle, my question is, should I (A) try again after the bleeding stops? Are my chances of conceiving a girl likely, especially with the high fertility after a chemical?
    Or (b) should i set a date for le diet + 6 days a week for 60min workout? if B i will probably diet and exercise for 8-9 weeks before attempting.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Also just thought i'd add, with my son i wasn't swaying, but i wanted to up my chances of ttc and read to exercise. So 2-3 months before conception took place i was at the gym 3-4 days a week, but still eating what i wanted which would have probably been HE diet. I wouldn't have even looked at a vegetarian meal 2 years ago let alone eat it 3-4 times a week as i've been doing. DH and I were bd'ing every other day when i ovulated.

If i attempt, i'm thinking of doing e3d because e4d didn't work for us one month. I'm not sure if any of you have read The Sperm meets Egg plan by Deanna Roy, but she said that sperm only live 2 days in the female body. Now my DH is a fit, super healthy 31yr old. His job is very active that requires a lot of moving and heavy lifting, and he eats a salad and fruit for lunch everyday and has been doing so for the last year and a half. Would a man of his age and health have 2 day-lasting swimmers, or is age not a factor? Just confused by what i read in Deanna Roy's ebook.
    Hi Mariannew,

I really do believe you're much more fertile after a mc or a pregnancy.
    For our angel daughter we tried 5 times. Our first time trying (September) after her loss (June) resulted in a mc unfortunately, but this shows that the hormones that are still in my body have some kind of effect. After the mc we had one attempt 2 weeks ago and I was sooo sure being pregnant (nauseous, very visible veins - all what I had with our daughter in the beginning) but I got my period 3 days ago, which is 5 days too early. And therefore I think there was an implantation, but that it got rejected very fast. So I consider it as a 'mc'...actually not a mc because I never had a BFP but I really think you're more fertile after mc...and just I like you I don't really know if it sways pink, but I hope so!
    Good luck!
    Mom of angel Liv (stillborn at 30w on 06/25/2016)

TTC rainbow baby
    Failed sway, due September 2017

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So Sorry for your loss Sigrid86, I can't even begin to imagine what that would have been like.

I've been reading up about apirin and how it's meant to thicken the lining so that the little bean has a better chance at implantation, and how it is recommended after a miscarriage. If i can do anything to prevent another miscarrage then i'm all for it. Also, aspirin it meant to sway pink apparently.

Best of luck to you with ttc

8. Thanks sigrid86 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please don't bump a post till I've had at least a few days to read it - I answer from oldest to newest so if you post again within a day or two then it just makes me take longer to get to it.

do you have nutrient totals (calories, protein, fat) for your diet?? I want to be sure you are eating enough.

There is more than one kind of "fertility". Some say that you're more fertile after a loss but that's because you may make a better egg (and more than one egg) that ups odds of conception. NOT the kind of fertility that may sway, which is about the ability of sperm to meet egg. Two different things.

I cannot tell anyone which option is better. That's just one of those crystal ball questions that I can't answer. Exercise and getting pregnant after a loss have both seemed to sway pink. I would personally split the difference and both start exercise now, and also TTC when you are ready to this upcoming month. You very well may not even get pregnant which will then give you longer on exercise.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic, I'll keep that in mind for the future.

I've been using a calorie calculator this week to get an estimate of what I usually eat. So my average daily intake is between 1200-1500 calories, sometimes slightly over but very rarely (parties/events). On average 55-60g fat daily, 40-50g protein.

I wanted to start exercising at the beginning of the week but was put off by the idea because I heard testosterone increases in the first few days of exercise and I feared that would sway blue. Is that not true then?

I've been on prenatal vitamins for over a month now. Also, I just started 75mg aspirin and intend to take that 3 times a week.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would have you increase this to 1500-1800 cals a day, you do still have a little weight to spare but it goes away quick so better to possibly slow down the weight loss rate before you're at the minimum range to give yourself a little margin.

We don't even know that female testosterone sways. It's a theory, a guess (and honestly based on rather sparse information, nowhere near as cut and dry as they make it sound). Whereas we DO know that exercise has gotten very good results for us here in the real world. So originally when I had people hold off starting exercise, that was before we had the evidence to really prove that ok, wow, exercise is really getting great results for us. now that I know that, I think it's worth any "risk" of testosterone rising (that may not even be real) in favor of getting exercise, which does seem to be working for us hugely, into the mix.

I would have you reduce the prenatals to 3x a week now. And do not do more than 3x a week on the aspirin.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast