Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    Is it ok to have very small amounts of lunch so maybe 300-400 cals and then have a big dinner which is like a 1000cal? Or would the body then think times are suddenly good? Anyone know?
    I think that's fine
    That's often what I do
    Have a small lunch
    And save the calories etc for a bigger dinner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi girls I do the same because it works better and stops me wanting to snack at nights I think it's fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did the same when swaying. I had a smallish lunch and a big dinner. Sometimes I'd have a smaller dinner and then a treat later in the evening. I typically only had two meals a day.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you ladies, glad this is what others are doing too

5. Thanks Nowmarriedgirl thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been having carrot, cucumber & pepper sticks dipped in low fat hummus for lunch sometimes with a couple of crumpets.

Then a substantial tea with small amounts of meat, tonight I had chicken fajitas but only actually had 1 small piece of chicken in each and buckled it up with peppers and onions instead.

Anyone substituting cows milk for soya? Is soya ok for a girl sway as I heard it can alter estrogen? I prefer soya to almond milk.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Feeling a bit down today and could do with some advice.

My other half has started following slimming world to lose a bit of weight and he is doing fantastic! The weight is dropping off him and he is cooking the most delicious meals for us while he tries out all the new recipes. Most of which fit in great with my LE diet (he’s trying lots of veggie recipes just for me, or otherwise it’s easily adaptable for me). And it’s really yummy stuff, I’m so proud of him.

But my problem feels like the STUPIDEST problem ever – I’m losing too much weight too fast. I’m doing good with my protein and fat limits, just about hitting them each day, but my overall calories (especially now I’m doing my 60 mins cardio per day) are just not enough. I’m hitting 1500 most days but the weight is dropping too quickly.

I’m having some wine or beer every night to help my sway and it seems like a good way to bulk up my calories but I am finding I just can’t face more than one drink a night (and I don’t want to have to start boozing loads just to maintain my weight!). Last night I planned some homemade apple crumble and ice cream (within my limits!) to up my calories but we ended up eating late and I just couldn’t face it before bed, so it meant yet another day of not eating enough. The lovely meals he’s making are SO filling but so low calorie!

My BMI has dropped to 19.5 and we’re still a month away from TTC, but I’ve been losing 1.5lbs to 2lbs a week since he started his diet so I need to sort this out fast or I’m gonna ruin my sway completely by having to gain weight to conceive!

Sorry for the rambling post – I’m just feeling really rubbish and emotional. Putting my work clothes on this morning and they just don’t fit and I look awful, like I’m wearing a sack and I just felt horrible and wanted a cry. I know I’m doing it for my sway and I don’t regret that. But there’s just nobody I can talk to about this in real life. I don’t want to discourage my partner because he’s doing so well. Other friends and family don’t know my reasons (I don’t want anyone to know we’re TTC really) and most people around me are TRYING to lose weight, so for me to complain about feeling too thin would be insensitive and mean.

Ugh, all that wasn’t really what I came here to ask!

To get to my actual point! Does anyone have ideas for things I can add to my meals that are high in calories, but still low in protein and fat, and okay for veggies (rules out a lot of sweets)? I hit my limits for protein/fat most days and I’m eating super healthy with loads of veg, but just need more empty calories without drinking loads of wine every night. Most things I think I could add are too high in protein and fat so I would love some advice.

Thanks for any help xx
    Last edited by plasticserenity; August 22nd, 2017 at 06:23 AM.
    due Sept 2018

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey guys. Quick question. Do u think having two meals instead of 3 will increase chances of my sway for a girl? Same amount of calories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm pretty sure that it doesn't matter if it is 2 or 3 meals (or not enough info to know if it would help).... keeping the same amount of calories should be good enough.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know that everything’s allowed on the le diet. But wanted to know if Bulgur is more of a boy friendly food because it’s Vollkorn? And what about lady’s fingers?

DS1 2010
    DS2 2012
    DS3 January 2020 - endometriosis - DH low motility

Due Date 23.08.2021

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im eating bulgur but not often
    7/1/2014
    2/23/2019
    Praying for one more baby girl 2020-2021