Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair Loss on LE

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hair Loss on LE

I have been on the LE with PCOS elements (I don't have, but various autoimmune issues in family so don't want to do too much refined carbs etc) for 4.5 months. Am in 2ww after second month's attempt, but not holding out too much hope, as symptomless!

Anyway, the last few weeks I have had ridiculous hair loss - similar to a few months post partum - all over the place, in tufts. Getting quite worried! Is there anything I can up, diet wise - LE friendly - that might stop this? I guess the main difference to my diet now is the lack of protein - I still have chicken or fish every so often, but I used to have meat with every meal. Also used to take multivits...

Thank you!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you come off birth control or had mirena removed within the last year?

Do you have thyroid problems?

I have had a few people report this and then every time it turned out to be either postpartum, coming off birth control, or a thyroid thing. When done properly LE Diet (especially the PCO one) is really very healthy and is based on recommendations from reproductive endocrinologists and the World Health Organization as a healthy pre-pregnancy diet for women of childbearing age.

Can you tell me what exactly you're eating??
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks lucyandboys thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh gosh, I hope its not thyroid problems. My mum had hyperthyroidism, but didn't get it until a lot later in life. I know it can be hereditary though. Scared

No birth control. Had a tonne of postpartum hair loss after ds3 (3 yrs ago) but all grew back.

So I am not counting calories etc, because I'm one of those Marthas who has had eating problems in the past. I was trying to decrease meat & protein (used to eat very low carb) and increase grains & carbs but with smaller portion sizes and cut out snacks (was a massive snacker).

Yesterday I had - 2x coffee with milk & honey throughout morning. Lunch = bowl of brown rice/quinoa with salad (leaves, tomatoes etc & oil/vinegar dressing), berries & yoghurt. Peppermint tea & a plum mid afternoon. Dinner = pasta with chickpeas & vegetables in tomato sauce. Peppermint tea & 6 squares chocolate. Sometimes I've been having chicken or fish with dinner but never have meat or legumes at lunch.

So not unhealthy, I don't think? But a lot less in terms of nuts, eggs, meat than I used to have...

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It does look like a nicely balanced diet, my only concern is portion size - sometimes people will only be having a few bites and this doesn't add up to much. But if you're eating normal portions then I find it unlikely that it's diet related. Not impossible, just unlikely. People eat WAY less than that for many months and the main things you could be short in, since you're eating chicken and fish fairly often, it's just very unlikely you are short in those.

I'd have a thyroid check just to see. My biggest suspicion is the peppermint tea. If you wanted to drop that and see if it helps (remember, it may take weeks to fix itself) that would be what I'd try.

6. Thanks lucyandboys thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Low ferritin can cause hair loss, I've had this before
    Three lovely sons

Trying to sway

8. Thanks lucyandboys thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Being deficient in Vitamin D can cause hair loss as well. When my level was 4 or 20, my hair would fall out by the handfuls along with an itchy scalp. Since my level is now normal, (above 30) my hair doesn't fall out anymore nor is my scalp itchy.

DS1, DS2, & DS3
    EDD 9/30/2017 for pink

10. Thanks lucyandboys thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lucy, let's just put you on a prenatal with zinc, vit. D, and 18-30 mg iron 3x a week and see if it improves.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you very much. I will definitely get thyroid test (although petrified) and start the prenatal. I took a hair skin nails one after the hairloss with ds3 and the iron in it made me terribly constipated(!) so I'll see if I can find a more natural/absorbable form of iron too.

Re my diet - my portion sizes are not tiny, only a little smaller than my large dh's, but I think I perhaps struggle to absorb nutrients as well as others as I have been mag deficient in past despite eating a tonne of mag sources. Probably something to do with the mthfr/autoimmune in family.

Was expecting AF yesterday...but don't want to tempt fate, it's probably just wonky cycle from diet!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you get the prenatals that have 18-30 mg iron, this is formulated to be more absorbable than the kinds that are in hundreds of milligrams.

OR, if you prefer you can take zinc, D, and Iron separately and use Feosol brand iron, I recommend this as it is well absorbed and I took it and found it wasn't so terrible on my stomach as some other irons I have used.

14. Thanks lucyandboys thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much!

BFP today - aaaaggghhh! Not sure I'm ready for this, was thinking it'd take another few months...!!!

16. Likes MiaMelb, atomic sagebrush, XXforhubby liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast