Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Advice on my girl sway!

Hi I've been a member here a few years now, I just read all the info never posted. I had a few failed hi tech cycles which left me in an awful place. I've been trying to sway since last year but am confused between the le & pcos diet! Any advice please:
    - I drink coffee all morning & throughout the day with semi skimmed milk
    -Lunch would be wholemeal toast with margarine, jam or low fat cheeses for lunch with apples, pears, grapes, raspberrries, clementines, low fat yogurt. I just mix & change it.
    - Dinner is vegetable soup, ministrone soup, carrot soup, with wholemeal toast
    White rice with curry or gravy sauce &a vegetable
    White & wheat tortilla wraps salad, cheese, sweet chili sauce
    Wholemeal bread cheese, tomatoe toasties & some low fat coleslaw
    Always eat some fruit after dinner
    I always have a piece of chocolate, biscuit, baked crisps something nice after dinner (always try to drop this but end up eating it). I end up eating 1600 calories a day Ive always been small 110 lbs & seem to be eating more than ever. Exercise on stationary bike 5 times a week.
    -Rose wine a few nights each week with dinner
    - fiber, folic acid, husband on ole, I've clomid for my attempt
    I don't know if it's ok to go between both diets I seem to be using bits of le and bits of pcos dietplease any advice on my sway plan welcome & any diet ideas would be great. I've read through a lot of threads I'm quite a plain eater & just like to cook easy things. I look forward to hearing from you! Time isn't on my side either just turned 40 all this time going hi tech, trying to sway before it and still no baby girl, thanks.
    Last edited by Pink rose; April 21st, 2017 at 07:05 PM.

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is ok to do and in fact it can make it easier to stick to the PCOS diet to allow yourself the carbier things that you want to have now and then. The overall point of the PCO-type diet is to cut back on empty carbs and so as long as you're doing that, you don't need to stress TOO much over the details (the exception being those who actually do have moderate to severe PCOS or egg quality issues - these people need to err on the side of not cheating very much.

One thing that you do need to change immediately is that the low fat dairy needs to go. Full fat dairy ONLY. This is very important. Skim dairy, even semi-skim, has been shown to lower fertility and raise blood sugar and this needs to be changed right away.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic I don't think I have pcos & my ovarian reserve was quite good when I was doing my high tech cycles but I didn't get a lot of mature eggs, I don't think I was monitored enough & should have stimmed for longer I was on a short protocol with 450 menphour each time which was really high my gynecologist felt it had an impact on the quality of my eggs wanted to lower medication! I'm bankrupt & hadn't the funds for more cycles

I have lots of cq10 left over do you think I should take it to improve egg quality or would it not be good for my pink sway. Would I need to do another full 12 weeks on the pcos diet using full fat rather thank skimmed and low fat diary before ttc?

Sorry for all the questions the more I'm reading the more muddled up I'm getting lol!
    Last edited by Pink rose; April 22nd, 2017 at 02:33 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It doesn't matter if you have PCOS. There are other reasons why people follow the PCOS-type diets other than PCOS and you need to drop the skim and semi-skim dairy now and replace it with full fat.

Coq10 is fine and may help with egg quality. 200 mg a day started right away and continued thru BFP, then wean off gradually by spacing doses till down to one per week, then drop.

no need for 12 more weeks, just make the changes now!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks I will start cq10 right away. I will try to drop the semi skimmed diary products it will be hard for me to do this because I work every day & coffee is made for us with semi skimmed milk no full fat in my work place. I am also afraid of full fat diary swaying blue for me. Would it be a definite no for my sway to follow Le as opposed to pcos diet. I hope I'm not being a nuisance but it would be easier for me to use semi skimmed low fat I could have coffee all day at work and it keeps the hunger at bay! Thanks

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    a couple of cups of coffee with semiskim milk won't hurt anything. You are eating low fat cheese, low fat yogurt, get rid of that! Control the stuff you can control, let go of the rest.

Do not worry about it swaying blue. If your blood sugar response is screwy (which everyone's is by the time we hit 40, unfortunately) then you toss a bunch of skim dairy onto that, you can actually undermine your pink sway anyway. As long as you're not doing the tons and tons of dairy like on the mineral diets it is fine to have a bit of full fat dairy and especially beneficial at 40+

Like I said above it is fine to mix and match elements of the two diets. I think trying to err on the side of PCOS-type diet and then allowing yourself to bend the rules on an as-needed basis will be fine for you.