Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Urgent - need help deciding if we should BD today. How many attempts did you have each cycle?

I really want to get pregnant this cycle seeing as it is my one attempt before putting TTC on hold to regain weight, but equally I want to give myself the best chance of pink

Originally we were just going to have one attempt on the day of the peak on CBFM (pos OPK) so to DTD when the LH is surging

I'm now on day 3 of "high" on my CBFM and DH has been releasing since the first day of it. I've had 3-5 days of high before a peak in the past, but my LH doesn't look like it's increasing at all at the moment when the last few cycles it has slowly built up over a few days before becoming positive. I'm worried that the BF could be affecting my oestrogen levels perhaps raising them so I'll get more than 5 high days this time.

Conversely, when TTC last time I did have a few occasions of a very short LH surge, so short that the CBFM missed it although an OPK in the afternoon picked it up. I'm worried that could happen again this cycle and that we'll completely miss the only chance we have for our attempt...

So, should I risk exhausting DH by getting an extra "release" in (albeit an attempt) during one of my supposedly fertile days according to the CBFM? Or should we hold on for the one attempt during the LH surge which apparently sways pink more?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowflower View Post
    I really want to get pregnant this cycle
    If that is the case, then definitely BD today and again on +OPK. The good thing is ( and you know it ) timing isn't THAT important, to be honest, I completely dropped timing, I mean I want to be as close to O as possible, but I'm not stressing at all.

Stick to the diet and pink dust your way!!!!
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't believe in the timing part because at the end of the day, the sperm is going to be hanging out in your environment until that egg comes and it's the environment that sways.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    it's not the timing part that worries me, it's having "too many" sperm in there and not swaying pink because of low sperm count because of that.
    If we DTD today and I (somehow) get my pos OPK tomorrow or in 2 days time we'd have BDed twice in 3 days and, even though I'm using RepHresh, I spotted in Atomic's frequency post that doing more than one attempt can sway blue

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think doing it more than once sways blue for some people but not all - it depends on you and your DH. For us, I really didn't want more than one attempt as we've got pregnant very quickly with boys on 3 occasions even though DH releases most, if not all, days and DH also had a very high pH. There are others who DTD every day through O but still took a few months to get their BFP.

What does your instinct tell you? I think if I was set on only one attempt (which I was) then I'd wait for your peak day for that (which is why our attempt was on O day) but if you think you might need to do it more than once (with your fertility potentially lower with BFing and because it took you a few months to fall pregnant in the past) then I'd have a couple of attempts (or however many highs you get) but stop when I get my peak.
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Since you have the weight loss working for you, I would do a second attempt.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the advice. DH apparently released this morning while I was at the shops and also overnight last night so we shall have an attempt this evening! Eee!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thank you!

we did have an attempt last night in the end! I thought OV might be imminent within the next few days as I had a darkening IC last night but there was no LH line on my CBFM stick this morning so maybe not. Another "high". No idea when OV will be but hopefully in the next few days!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast