Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Big Smile What to upgrade to

Hi all.
    I have just started my sway and have been doing the LE diet.
    Problem is I am already stuck with exactly what to eat every day and how much of it.
    I get the general rules but I'm needing some more help.
    So I want to upgrade my membership but I'm not sure whether I am better to just get the better access to the forum, with more meal ideas and details on the diet, or to upgrade to the 21 day meal guide?
    Obviously the 21 day guide is going to be better, but I'm not sure I can justify sending the $ at this stage (I'm also needing to convert to Australian $).
    Any advice or experience is very welcomed

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I bet the 21 meal guide would ease your mind. You could start with eating the things you normally eat but cutting out the high fat high protein stuff. Then add up your nutritional totals and see how close you're getting to the limits. I use an app to track mine. To wrap my mind around it, I had to let go a little of focusing on the actual food and just thinking about the numbers. I do avoid breakfast cereal (it's all fortified with vitamins and I ate it everyday with my two boys). The hardest thing for me was no snacking. But you can still have the snack food, just eat it with your meal if it fits in the limits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the reply!
    Yes, I've started cutting out breakfast (so hard - I love my breakfast!) and looking at LE foods (little-no protein, no salt etc.)
    It's no wonder I have boys! I normally eat a paleo-type diet, with lots of veg, good fats, meat and high nutrient foods.
    This is going to be tough... I just hope it'll be worth it!
    I need to start counting the nutritional totals so I just downloaded the my fitness pal ap. Is this a good one for that?
    I've been researching for a while now and was planning to do another diet (from another swaying forum) but the LE honestly looks a bit easier. A bit more flexible. Only thing is I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that I can still have things like coffee and alcohol, and not have too much dairy. The other diet was saying to opposite, so I was gearing myself up for that.
    I just hope I've made the right decision going with LE...

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I used the My Fitness Pal app and it worked well for me and I know many others use it as well. Good Luck in your sway!
    me (42 ) DH (43)
    1995 (gave up for adoption)
    2005 2010 2013 (failed IG sway) July 2015 (swayed, lost his triplet siblings at 11w3d) 2017.

Swayed for our but had all . Our family is complete.

My Ovulation Chart

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I used my fittness pal app too. There r plenty of other apps out there that u can use. As far as what to eat make a chart of carbs and fats and proteins. Write down what you like eating and which category it falls under. Then make a seven day meal planner with this all this info. U can then fix and match acc to what u feel like eating

🎀 2010 🎀 2012 🎀 2016 🤰due 2018

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ladies! x

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I help everyone regardless of their ability to pay. We're kind of on the honor system around here, people who can afford plans get them, this enables me to work here on the site as a full time job instead of having to work outside the home, and then I try my best to help everyone equally. It may take me an extra day to get back to you but I do my best for all swayers.

Can you give me some more info about where you're getting hung up??
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

8. Likes Mommy2apples liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much Atomic!

So I downloaded the my fitness pal ap and I recorded my first day of diet info.
    It looks like I'm fine reaching the limit of protein and sodium fine (although I know sodium isn't so important) but I am struggling to reach the calories (yesterday I had 1257 cal), fat (I got to 18g) and Potassium (I only seemed to reach 1,527).

I know potassium especially is super important so I'm not sure what to add in to increase that?

The other issue is that I have both Hashimotos Thyroiditis and Rheumatoid Arthritis so have been on a strict autoimmune paleo diet for the past couple of years to help this (which it has incredibly, and I have been feeling great!)
    So now I am gradually reintroducing some foods that I haven't had in a long time. The LE Diet is obviously a very big change for me, from the way I've been eating the past couple of years.
    I seem to be ok with some dairy, but I would rather stay away from gluten if possible.
    I am ok with rice, so I have been having steamed rice, as well as rice cakes.

Is there anything you can recommend to up my cal, potassium and fat? I was thinking perhaps I should swap to full-fat dairy, or perhaps have some butter or peanut butter or something on some rice cakes?

Thanks again, I really appreciate your help!
    x

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually, just re-looked at yesterday's intake and it looks like I only reached 1,163 cal...

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I use fitnesspal too, and I wouldn't trust the potassium total, it's not inputted on all the foods when you select from their lists since it's not on all food labels.

Are you doing alcohol? Don't forget to add those calories! Otherwise I'll add a fat free candy like jelly beans or use a lot of fat free ranch with some veggies. But you're also short on fat so you could add something yummier! Are you using any oils when cooking your veggies? That gives fat and cals a boost too, for girl I think the "bad" oil is better like crisco oil instead of coconut oil. I think you'd be safe to add in some cheese or full fat yogurt? I can't remember if you said, do you have weight to lose? Are you exercising too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast