Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Finally have a date to start TTC! Time to polish my sway

I’m just so excited that I wanted to share it with someone!

I don’t post too actively here since I joined other than some initial advice, but I’ve been around soaking up so much information from you amazing ladies.

I started swaying back in March, as initially we were hoping to start TTC as early as June/July. But there was a load of life-stuff we wanted to get sorted out first which is all FINALLY happening. So my partner and I have agreed that we will stop using BC when he returns from his trip in September! I am so excited that it is finally happening instead of just lots of planning. For a long time it’s been “we will try for a baby soon” so to actually hear my partner feel comfortable with saying a solid time has made me so unbelievably happy

As I said, I started swaying back in March and was pretty gung-ho, but maybe as expected I didn’t manage to keep it up 100% until now :/ So I have about 7 weeks in which to really sort my sway! I started with vegetarian LE diet, 60 mins exercise 6 days a week, folic acid and fibre. I switched to black coffee and upped my intake (slightly) to 4 or 5 cups a day. I also tried to have alcohol every night.

Fast forward a few months and pretty much the only thing that persisted was being vegetarian and the coffee! (and it turns out I actually really like being vegetarian, who knew!). I have MOSTLY kept to LE diet and have actually lost around 10lbs. My BMI is now 20.3 so I’m going to try and slowly inch down to 20 over the next 7 weeks as I don’t really want to go lower than that (which is just a couple more pounds really, though I'm happy to lose up to 6 or 7lbs as I have been that low in the past). I’m just going to try and focus more on keeping my protein and fat within limits. I still skip breakfast (this suits me best anyway) and have 2 meals a day, and mostly avoid snacking between meals.

The exercise dropped off after a couple of months unfortunately. However I have read that good results are still seen with 6 weeks on exercise, so I’m not too worried! I’m going to try and start that up again this week if I can. It’s a struggle to stick to but I know it gets good results.

I find it difficult to have the alcohol every day (never something I thought I would say!) so I’m not sure whether or not I will include this in my sway. Maybe once we actually start TTC I will start drinking more. Also I am absolutely RUBBISH at remembering to take my fibre tablets.

So my plan is to get my Mirena removed just before he returns from his trip. I know that post-Mirena has a chance to sway pink so I’m really hoping we can catch the first or second egg.

I know my slightly obsessive personality doesn’t lend itself well to temping and OPKs if I wanna sway pink, so we’re going to go straight in with my interpretation of E4D (which some people call E5D? I mean BD day 1, then 3 days off, then BD 5th day etc). I did wonder though, is catching an early egg after Mirena enough of a pink sway that it’s worth doing E3D (BD day 1, 2 days off, BD day 4) straight away to avoid missing it? Or is one-attempt still a much stronger pink sway? I haven't quite decided which to go for yet.

Background info: I’m 29, my partner is 41 (will turn 42 on the day we start TTC!). I have no other biological children, he has 3 boys from previous marriage that live with us half the time. He is not actively doing anything to sway but he is currently trying to lose some weight just for himself.

So the hope is 7 weeks of:
    Vegetarian LE diet including skipping breakfast/no snacks (mostly already been on this for a few months)
    Exercise
    Coffee
    Folic acid & fibre
    E4D once Mirena is removed.

Do you guys reckon it’s looking good? I know it’s fairly bare-bones as sway goes, but from what I’ve gathered, the big-hitters are diet, exercise and one attempt, so hopefully I have it covered! If you think of any other easy-wins I can add in, please let me know

Would love any input on my sway, but mostly I just wanted to share my excitement with you all! xxxx
    due Sept 2018

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it sounds perfect! Looks like we will start swaying similar times! Look forward to sharing pink dust with each other! good luck!! Xx
    Due a GIRL October 2018 after swaying pink! thank you so much genderdreaming!

3. Likes plasticserenity liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How exciting that we will be starting at similar times! Good luck with your sway too, hopefully there are two little girls in our future xx
    due Sept 2018

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it's looking very good!! having that Mirena out is golden!

I know it feels counterintuitive but the bare bones, minimalist sways get better results than the kitchen sink type.

Good luck and pink dust!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ