Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Very strange cycle while TTC/pink sway. Help!

Hi all! Need advice!!

Gave birth just over 2 years ago, AF came back 18 months later in December 2016. Cycles have been long since returning, consistently 37-42 days.
    Started TTC/pink sway last month (LE diet, cut off, rephresh, etc.)
    Got a pos OPK a few days earlier than I expected (CD 19) suggesting that O was on CD 20.
    Started spotting 8 days later (CD 28) , WAY sooner than AF was due, thought it might be implantation bleeding. Also had other preg symptoms so I truly thought I was preg, stopped LE diet because of this.

Spotting turned into AF(on day 4 now). However it is VERY light compared to normal. Also have had NO cramping, always always have 1-2 days of intense cramps. Tested several times and all negative.

I am now worried about why my LP and cycle was so short?? Should I start taking Vitex?

Also since I quit the diet.. should I wait a cycle before trying another sway cycle or should I try this month? Anything I could add to my sway that would be effective in a short time period??

Any input is appreciated!! Thank you!
    Last edited by sweetgracie; August 7th, 2017 at 11:38 AM.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i had a very weird light "mid cycle bleed" that actually turned out to be a period while i was swaying this time, i was 5 weeks into the LE diet, it was very bizarre ive never had anything like it in my life! the following month things normalised and it didnt happen again. i think periods being lighter or shorter is often the case with LE sways (not ALWAYS the case but it does seem to happen for quite a few people)

i would carry on with your diet and wait and see what next month brings, it may well be just things adjusting due to the changes you've made for your sway. however Atomic might suggest things for you to try so wait for her to see your post
    now 6blue5pink

3. Thanks sweetgracie thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually suspect that the positive OPK was fake and you actually Oed on CD 14. I see this regularly, where people were having long cycles that go to 28 days on LE Diet and so they miss their real ovulation (many won't test with OPK so early since their cycles are never that long, other times you can get a false negative OPK around ovulation and then get a false positive one with the secondary estrogen surge 5-7 days after O)

Having a shorter, lighter AF is totally normal on LE Diet and may indicate the diet is working. Many of us have noticed that.

PLEASE do not take vitex. Vitex is like throwing gasoline on a fire, when a cycle is weird, it only makes it weirder.

As I'm sure you now understand all too well, this is why not to go off the LE Diet in the 2WW. Only once you're looking at a BFP should you stop doing diet.

How bad did you let up on diet?? Is it salvageable at all or did you really eat a lot?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the response!

I tested with OPK everyday but I didn't know you can get false positive/negatives.

Ok I will not take Vitex. As for the diet, I have not been eating a lot, just not following the diet. Taking in more nutrients, not skipping breakfast etc.

Anything else I could add in that would work fast if I attempt again this month?

Also--- I read on another forum page about coffee 3x/swaying pink? Is that something you would recommend for me?

Thank you again so much for the tips!!

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I recommend coffee 1-3 cups per day for everyone! For reasons we can only guess at, that's been quite effective.

Many times when people just cut back, they end up starving themselves, so honestly I'm glad you had a little break there. I'd regroup and start again but maybe take a moment and tally up roughly the amount you're consuming in cals, protein, and fat on average just to be sure we are getting enough.

Don't even worry about your sway. I would go ahead and try this next month. 99 times out of 100 when people think they blew the diet they tell me what they ate and it was no big deal whatsoever. We actually have many people who eat breakfast as a matter of course for work or some other reason and still get girls doing that.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ