Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How long do you really have to sway for?

I'm doing my best but I also have things on that I need to eat breakfast for etc like sport where I need the fuel (season over soon though) and I drank on the weekend and was hungover (was awful haha) so ate lots the next few days while I recovered (can't party like I used to) anyway, I feel like my sway went out the window. I'm back into it now, but I was hoping to TTC in October.... worried now this isn't long enough on the sway though!!! How long do you really need to fully sway to be most
    Successful? That's probably a question with no real definitive answer but if anyone can tell me a kind of timeline guideline I'll feel better doing that before actually TTC. I read 12 weeks but if you do it before 12 weeks does the % go down drastically? Hope this all makes sense!!
    Many thanks!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You are allowed to have cheat days here and there

2003 2009 2012 2015 2015 2016 2018 for a to fit into the mix of our crazy bunch and complete our beautiful family!
    Jennifer [Mommy2apples]For This Little I have

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50268a

DS 2003DD 2009 DS 2012DS 2015 Jan 2016
    May 2016 October 2017: the Lord answered my prayers! We have a healthy babyShe absolutely completes our family!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I Agree, cheat days won't hurt just pick yourself up and keep going as best you can you are making overall changes to your lifestyle and that's what counts xx
    12 weeks is best but I've seen successful sways with less than that and unsuccessful sways with more than that so you never can tell which way the cards will fall!
    Proud Mum to two gorgeous boys
    2014 2016
    Swayed expecting beautiful DS3 due Feb 2019
    Dreaming of a in 2020

4. Likes Mommy2apples liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cheats are totally allowed! 12+ weeks on diet gets best results but really there's no telling for sure. I was on it for a year and still got another boy! The success rates for pink are around 65-70% so you could do a "perfect" sway and get an opposite or do nothing at all and get a girl. It sometimes comes down to luck.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

6. Likes kittendreams, Mommy2apples liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had days of exactly what you describe when getting my DD -- occasional days of heavy drinking/more food from hangover munchies. Being on the LE lifestyle as long as I had trumped these moments.

8. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Nowmarriedgirl liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    6-8 weeks is still acceptably good to me and I often have people start off at 6/8/10 weeks.

Please don't worry about the few days of eating a bit more. That doesn't count against you and the occasional cheat (even if it lasts a few days) is not a dealbreaker. you're still on target for October even without the 6-8 week idea.

We have had many people who needed breakfast for exercise or work obligations or because they were on medication or whatever. They still got girls. It is just one teensy thing that's great if it works out but is by no means a dealbreaker, not at all!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Likes Nowmarriedgirl liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    I had days of exactly what you describe when getting my DD -- occasional days of heavy drinking/more food from hangover munchies. Being on the LE lifestyle as long as I had trumped these moments.
    THISx a million. Girl moms still eat on holidays or when they're out at a restaurant or are feeling ill or getting their periods or whatever. My mom used to eat whole bowls of peanut butter with maple syrup mixed into them sometimes as a snack (and I'd never recommend this for a pink swayer LOL) and she still got mostly girls doing that.

It's the 80/20 rule. YOu get 80% of results with 20% of the effort (and this means that YES it's supposed to be VERY easy to stick to LE Diet, you're not doing it wrong if it seems easy!) and to get that remaining 20% of results, you have to shell out 80% of the effort. Now, I know a lot of people will say "but I want 100% so I'm happy to put out 80% of the effort) but diet isn't everything. The personality stuff (the control freakishness that I always talk about) is if anything even MORE important than diet, and it is 100% certainly more important than having diet "perfect" all the time. What happens is, in that control freakish quest to control every morsel of food you put into your mouth, you do more harm by far to your sway than if you'd just followed the dietary 80-20 rule to begin with.

So PLEASE just aim at a reasonable, good enough LE Diet and let go of the idea that you can ever do things "perfectly" because doing things perfectly actually screws an otherwise good pink sway! So it's actually perfect to do things less than perfectly.

12. Thanks kittendreams thanked for this post
    Likes Yennymomoftwoboys, Frilly Lady liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    THISx a million. Girl moms still eat on holidays or when they're out at a restaurant or are feeling ill or getting their periods or whatever. My mom used to eat whole bowls of peanut butter with maple syrup mixed into them sometimes as a snack (and I'd never recommend this for a pink swayer LOL) and she still got mostly girls doing that.

It's the 80/20 rule. YOu get 80% of results with 20% of the effort (and this means that YES it's supposed to be VERY easy to stick to LE Diet, you're not doing it wrong if it seems easy!) and to get that remaining 20% of results, you have to shell out 80% of the effort. Now, I know a lot of people will say "but I want 100% so I'm happy to put out 80% of the effort) but diet isn't everything. The personality stuff (the control freakishness that I always talk about) is if anything even MORE important than diet, and it is 100% certainly more important than having diet "perfect" all the time. What happens is, in that control freakish quest to control every morsel of food you put into your mouth, you do more harm by far to your sway than if you'd just followed the dietary 80-20 rule to begin with.

So PLEASE just aim at a reasonable, good enough LE Diet and let go of the idea that you can ever do things "perfectly" because doing things perfectly actually screws an otherwise good pink sway! So it's actually perfect to do things less than perfectly.
    Thank you Atomic! Sooo good to know. Does taking OPKs to find out when you are about to ovulate count as what you described above? I have given up on checking my temps in the morning and testing my PH levels etc

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, that part is one of the necessary evils, the things we have to track because it helps us to conceive.

15. Likes Nowmarriedgirl liked this post