Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pink sway newbie with questions about vegan diet on LE

Hello everyone! I'm new and just started today trying to gather more info about how to sway girl.
    I've been reading about the LE diet, and started it today (I think!) but I'm not sure if I'm eating the right things.
    I have two amazing boys and would like a final baby, which I'd love to be a girl. Before ttc my boys I didn't do any kind of sway or even thought about it, and ate a high calorie vegetarian diet with lots of cheese and yoghurt. I guess I was swaying blue without knowing it.
    I've since gone vegan and would like to lose weight anyway. I'm just a bit confused on the nutritional side of foods on LE. I'm basically following a kind of slimming world diet which Ive lost weight on before, with plenty of veg, and lots of carbs. I know this will help me lose weight but I want to eat the more nutritional foods like beans, tofu, bulgar wheat, lentils, fruit. Would that be bad? Is it quantities or types of food that need to be limited?
    I'm also a greedy person! I like having lots of healthy food like a vegetable bean chill with rice (but tiny oil).
    I fear I just won't be able to starve myself to stay on this diet! For me to feel like I'm being 'good' and following a diet, I equate that with healthy eating, but does that make it too nutritionally rich?
    For supplements, should I be just taking calcium + magnesium and folic acid? I have very little calcium in my diet at the moment.
    And what about tea? I drink decaf black tea with almond milk, is that okay?
    I would be grateful of anyone's advice, thank you!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not a pink swayer so some of the details will escape me but i can probably get you started. Most pink swayers have dropped the Ca and Mg sups (these are hangovers from old sway tactics which haven't worked). Folic is good for pink though.

Tea is thought to sway blue so may be best to avoid. Is coffee an option? It's good for pink. Atomic had also seen lots of girls born to blue swayers drinking lots of almond milk so I suspect you should keep that.

At it's heart LE is about declining maternal condition (still within normal and healthy ranges otherwise you won't get pregnant) so I'd be considering reducing the amount of nutrient dense foods you're eating. No foods are off limits but try and make 'less nutritious choices when you have options.

GL, sending you all my pink dust.
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

3. Likes Blubell47 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LE diet is not a starvation diet. It's 1500-1800 cals, 30-60g fat, 50-60g protein. You can eat whatever you like as long as it's within limits although most of us stayed away from foods like red meat, lots of dairy, cereal. Being vegan or vegetarian is good! It's easier to stay within limits that way. I'd have coffee instead of tea. Folic acid or folate are the only supplements you need to take unless of course you have a deficiency.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MiaMelb View Post
    I'm not a pink swayer so some of the details will escape me but i can probably get you started. Most pink swayers have dropped the Ca and Mg sups (these are hangovers from old sway tactics which haven't worked). Folic is good for pink though.

Tea is thought to sway blue so may be best to avoid. Is coffee an option? It's good for pink. Atomic had also seen lots of girls born to blue swayers drinking lots of almond milk so I suspect you should keep that.

At it's heart LE is about declining maternal condition (still within normal and healthy ranges otherwise you won't get pregnant) so I'd be considering reducing the amount of nutrient dense foods you're eating. No foods are off limits but try and make 'less nutritious choices when you have options.

GL, sending you all my pink dust.
    Thank you, that's really helpful. Yes I'll give it a try to cut out my tea, although I am a true Brit and drink tons of tea! But I do like coffee, I'll try and substitute. Do you know if there is a herbal tea that is good? I read peppermint somewhere?
    That's good almond milk may be good!
    I'm still struggling with the vagueness of less of everything though! I'm just not someone who could follow a really restricted diet but I could do the 1800 calorie lower diet I think!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmom View Post
    LE diet is not a starvation diet. It's 1500-1800 cals, 30-60g fat, 50-60g protein. You can eat whatever you like as long as it's within limits although most of us stayed away from foods like red meat, lots of dairy, cereal. Being vegan or vegetarian is good! It's easier to stay within limits that way. I'd have coffee instead of tea. Folic acid or folate are the only supplements you need to take unless of course you have a deficiency.
    Thank you, that's good being vegan is good! I just wasn't sure about the nutrient rich foods like beans and whole grains. I can cut out my beloved peanut butter and dark chocolate if that helps, but would prefer to eat a veg, tofu, and rice/pasta diet for main meals. Is that okay? As long as the protein is counted and I don't go above the limits for protein and fat?
    It wouldn't be harmful to take calcium magnesium though would it? I just have very little calcium in my diet, only a little in soya yoghurts.
    Thank you!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Starving is not allowed on LE Diet.

One of the best things you can do for a sway is go vegan. My only concern is that for some people the increased carbs in vegan diets can actually raise their blood sugar and in turn their testosterone levels and may inadvertently sway blue but if you've lost weight successfully in the past following this type of diet, this probably doesn't apply to you (you'd have trouble losing weight on a carby diet if that were the case)

What I think you should do is aim at LE Diet limits - 1500-1800 cals a day, 50-60 g protein, 50-60 g fat (I have increased the levels of protein and fat for you to try and keep the carbs from going overboard, and also to keep you ovulating, a vegan low fat diet does often stop or delay ovulation). Tofu and other soy, 2-3 times a week as there is mixed evidence about how it sways. Almond milk is fine, I actually had to stop blue swayers drinking that recently because I thought it was making too many opposites (so they wanted boys, but got girls, while drinking lots of almond milk)

Types of foods do not need to be limited by anything other than the overall limits of the diet but beware of highly fortified foods like cereal, power bars, etc. as they sway blu.

Many of us on here, myself included, got boys on the cal-mag supps (plus massive amoutns of dairy like you did when you got your boys) and dropped them to get our girls. It's up to you if you want to use them, if you do go that route be sure you are not doing the Vit. D at the same time. Vit. D seems to sway strongly blue (and you'll be getting plenty in your almond milk as well)

Coffee has been way pinker than tea, I'd suggest decaf coffee instead. It is probably something in the coffee itself and not the caffeine per se.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkrabbits View Post
    Thank you, that's good being vegan is good! I just wasn't sure about the nutrient rich foods like beans and whole grains. I can cut out my beloved peanut butter and dark chocolate if that helps, but would prefer to eat a veg, tofu, and rice/pasta diet for main meals. Is that okay? As long as the protein is counted and I don't go above the limits for protein and fat?
    It wouldn't be harmful to take calcium magnesium though would it? I just have very little calcium in my diet, only a little in soya yoghurts.
    Thank you!
    Peanut butter is fine as a part of the LE Diet. There are no forbidden foods on LE Diet and while we originally started off this little experiment worrying that nutrients in things like dark chocolate might sway blue, over time we are finding that it's really the heavy hitters - calories, protein, fat, and fortified foods that sway strongly blue and the nutrients in things like fruits and veg are fine (and in fact, low carb vegetables are free and unlimited, fruit and higher carb veg are free for protein and fat, count only cals in those)

As long as you stick in limits for the day all that stuff is fine.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic for taking the time to write, I really appreciate it!
    That's good to hear i don't have to starve!
    That's good that being vegan is a good thing. I'm hoping that shift in my diet in itself will be enough of a sway. I did used to have a lot of dairy when I conceived my boys. I'll try and limit my beloved tofu and soya yoghurts. When ttc my boys before (without a sway) I actually banned my DH from eating tofu and having hot baths as I thought it could affect fertility, but I think I unwittingly swayed blue doing that. This time I will allow him to cook his balls in the tub before!
    The almond milk I drink isn't fortified at all, which I always worried about because of calcium levels, but maybe is good in this case.
    That's good decaf coffee is still good, I'll try and replace my tea with coffee.

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know, right?? I did a lot of stuff with my successful sway that I'd never have dreamed of doing before, I was so sure that every little thing like tofu could destroy fertility and not taking into consideration that millions of people eat it regularly.

unfortified almond milk is the best of all possible worlds.

I have your questionnaire and will get your plan back to you as quick as I can.

12. Thanks pinkrabbits thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi!

Can I jump on this thread please as I too am a newbie swaying pink (in the UK) with questions about the LE PCOS diet and being vegan!!!!

I've been deciding what to eat for my two meals (e.g. Kidney beans in homemade tomato sauce with sweet corn with salad or veg/ lentils with brown rice) and weighing everything and putting it in MyFitnessPal and adjusting how much I'm having to make sure I'm getting the right amount of protein and fat. My question is: Should I always opt for lesser beneficial foods e.g. Go more for some oil on a salad to increase fat rather than avocado? Also, is it better to stick to similar meals rather than vary things too much? Only because that would be the opposite of what I used to do. I always wanted to vary my foods to make sure I was getting a range of nutrients...

PinkRabbits - it would be great to share recipes/ideas. What else are you doing to sway? I'm skipping breakfast, going to exercise 5 days a week starting tomorrow when kids go back to school, Vitex and Saw Palmetto.

Also - one techie question I wanted to understand - I know that I'm trying to decline my fertility conditions to sway pink, but I just wondered how that works. Is it because only a girl pregnancy would survive and a boy is likely to miscarry, rather than xx sperm being more likely to fertilise the egg? Just wanted to understand....

Thank you!

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast