Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Food questions for TTC pink

I'm trying to wrap my head around the pink PCOS diet (I have Hypothyroidism and Rheumatoid Arthritis and have been on a Paleo-type diet for the past 2 years to help with my symptoms).
    I believe this is the best option for me with my pink sway as I don't eat grains/gluten?

I have a couple of food questions:

I don't at any dairy. My substitute has been coconut milk for the past couple of years (in tea etc.) Does this sway blue?
    I think I saw that somewhere but I just wanted to check.
    I would love to be able to keep a little bit in my diet if possible.

I also seem to have an issue with coffee (it flares my symptoms up) so I am a tea drinker.
    I've read that coffee is preferred for a pink sway, but is tea (black - with a little bit of coconut milk in it) definitely a no-no?
    I would love to at least keep 1 cup a day if it's not going to hurt my chances...
    Mama to 2 beautiful boys
    Expecting our sway baby July '18. Fingers crossed for a healthy pink bean!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    *BUMP*

Can anyone help? Atomic?
    Mama to 2 beautiful boys

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by thirdtimeclucky View Post
    *BUMP*

Can anyone help? Atomic?
    Please give me a few days before bumping posts. I go from oldest to newest and when you bump posts, it sends the post back to my new posts and it will take me even longer to get to it. I want you guys to get your replies as quick as I can and I will answer every post, but some days it will take me even as long as a week to reply out here in the free forums. Thanks for your patience.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes you absolutely can follow the PCOS type atomic fertility diet, Paleo style. No grains, totally fine, you don't need them.

Coconut milk is fine in the amounts you are having it in. I no longer think this sways blue at all anyway. Vegetable fats have been shown repeatedly in animal studies to sway pink and I believe we saw a lot of opposites in our blue swayers who were drinking the vegetable based milk replacers. So keep on doing exactly what you're doing.

I do believe tea sways blue (and I was drinking it with all four of my boys, I drink scads of tea, and gave that up to get my girl) But the thing is, it can't be by much since people get girls in countries where tea is the go to drink of choice too. I seriously doubt one cup of tea really sways much so stick with that. Fine to avoid coffee if you need to. There are no mandatory parts of the LE Diet.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic.

Sorry, I didn't realise. I'll make sure I don't bump again.

I feel like I should stop the tea. I just can't find a replacement that will satisfy me like tea or coffee would.
    Herbal tea (like peppermint) just doesn't do it for me really.

I was thinking maybe dandelion tea could be a replacement? I can have a splash of coconut milk in that.
    Or would bone broth/stock be ok? I'm not sure if chicken would be ok, or would veggie be more suitable? Just trying to think of something I would be happy to replace my tea with

Also, with your purchased plans would this be suitable for me, given I would need to look at the paleo PCOS type diet? Not sure if my restrictive diet (no dairy, grains, nuts or seeds) means I would be better to plan on my own?

Just 1 last thing. I have looked through the overview of the PCOS diet on the website and I'm wondering what would be a suitable replacement for the daily milk/yoghurt that is recommended, as I don't have dairy?

Thank you!
    Mama to 2 beautiful boys

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, you can bump, sometimes I open a post and get interrupted or whatever, just give me like 5 days or so before you do. Just want everyone to get their answers fast.

I can't speak to how dandelion tea might sway (no data) or to its safety while trying to conceive.

Veggie stock - sure, why not?? Seems fine to me.

Most of my custom swayers are on an alternate form of diet. That's actually one of the biggest advantages, is that then you have me as your coach, day in and day out, to help you get diet stuff ironed out till it's second nature.

I am totally fine with you leaving dairy out entirely. I do not believe that dairy is beneficial to a pink sway; the only reason to keep it in the mix is to keep people ovulating (something about dairy fat is very good at that). It is NOT there because "it sways pink" because I don't think that it does.

So you could use whatever alternate food you prefer.