Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Happy I'm back from 2014 with some new questions!!

Hi!

I used this site to help me sway for my 2 yr old DD! Can someone answer some questions for me and offer any insight? I'll try to just give facts and not be too wordy!

In 2014, I swayed for 6 weeks. BMI was lowest end of "average", almost underweight. I stopped eating breakfast, stopped snacking, ate more bland foods, used fibre in my coffee each morning, did couch potato approach (was teaching so obviously wasnt too couch potato), took saw palmetto, folic acid, and DTD 1 time at first +OPK. That about sums my sway up LOL.

I am ready to sway again. Although I feel my eating habits have changed as well as my lifestyle. My question after you read this is should I add or take anything away? Am I doing too much/too little based on my current weight? Are my foods going to make me infertile?

I am currently 5 ft 1, between 97-98.5 lbs depending on time of day, so borderline underweight. I stay at home now with little ones so there is some stress but more just that my kid is driving me nuts stress. I almost always skip breakfast or if I do eat something, it's the rest of my DD's toaster strudel or something. I have coffee every single morning with creamer. I sip on that for a few hours. The first time I usually eat is about 5 hours after waking up. Sometimes I sit down with a sandwich or something but I usually eat pretty unhealthy which is bad I know. Like today I had tortilla chips with cheese melted on it and a twizzler. I know, bad. I might grab a small snack a few hours later. Dinner is whatever, I don't eat a ton but eat enough to feel full. Usually things my kids like, such as tacos, pizza, baked potatoes, pastas. Rarely have a snack before bed. The exercise I get is playing with my kids outside and running up and down the stairs 50 times a day as all moms do!

Since I am on CD1 now (ugh), I was considering adding fibre to my coffee but I thought I read on here that if you are underweight or close to it, you shouldn't. I currently take 1200mgc folic acid broken up into 3 times per day. I don't know if I will do saw palmetto, I probably won't. And we are going to do 1 attempt at positive OPK. Or try. DH works 3rd shift so if he isn't off during my fertile window, DTD won't happen.

So the past few months I wasn't knowingly swaying. This is just my lifestyle. So for the next 2 weeks, is there anything I should change? Or, do you think I should sway for longer?

I conceived both my kids in the first month. I am 32 years old.

Thanks all!!
    DS then swayed for a DD in 2014...and got her! Now back to sway for a girl.

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    reading this you sound like so many of the girl mums here who got their girls without swaying long periods between eating, coffee drinker, no/hardly any snacks etc.. if your last pink sway was successful id go with it again (unless like you say atomic tells you anything is unsafe) 1 bd attempt is definitely still the way to go.

good luck!! im currently pregnant after my second pink sway, the first one was successful but im team green this time so will have to wait and see if i can call it 2/2 i hope you get your second little girl
    now 6blue5pink

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh congratulations!! We were team green for our girl too! It was torture but fun LOL! It was so exciting when the DR said, "It's a little gal!"

Do you know what atomic says about using fibre if you are underweight? That is really my biggest question I guess.

Also if I have on average a 35-37 day cycle, when should I start using the OPK? I DTD for my daughter on day 20 because that was my first +OPK and did that this past month but I didn't get pregnant. :-(

And a period question! WHAT COUNTS AS CD1??I thought I started yesterday bc I wiped and saw some brown. Wore a pad all night long. It's afternoon the next day now and I have a tiny bit of brown blood. That's it. Does that count as CD1? Ugh.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    its so nice to hear from another team green swayer i want to experience the surprise either way but to have an "its a girl" surprise would be a dream come true it must have been so amazing for you.
    i haven't used fibre so im afraid i cant answer

as for opk's do you usually get a positive around day 20? if so id say start to test around day 14 that way if you go a little early you should still catch it!

id count CD1 as the first day of proper bleeding but again id wait for some more answers on that! its so frustrating when periods go weird isnt it!!
    now 6blue5pink

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! Welcome back! If you're underweight, I'd skip the fiber. You need what nutrients you can get from the foods you're eating to keep ovulation going. Make sure you are at the upper limit for fat, protein, and calories. Start with 1800 calories, 50-60g protein, and 50-60g fat. If weight fall off by doing this, then up calories to 1900 and see if we can keep your weight steady. We don't want you to lose any weight and run the risk of ovulation stopping! If you're doing the cardio, you may need to eat more calories so keep that in mind.

I would attempt at your positive opk and thereafter continue BDing every 4 days (E4D) until you get AF in case your ovulation is delayed.

CD1 counts as the first day of red blood flow. Rule of thumb is if red blood flow starts in the AM, then that day is CD1. If red blood flow starts in the evening, then the next day is considered CD1. Basically one full day of bleeding is CD1 .

🤞🏻and GL to you!!

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    Baby Girl EDD 9/30/2017

7. Thanks TeacherMom thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes so frustrating!! Yesterday was 2 brown spots and today is the same. So I haven't started then? Ugh. Who knows. Actually today when I wipe there is nothing unless I squint and it's brown. I have never spotted for 24 hours before. So strange.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by XXforhubby View Post
    Hi! Welcome back! If you're underweight, I'd skip the fiber. You need what nutrients you can get from the foods you're eating to keep ovulation going. Make sure you are at the upper limit for fat, protein, and calories. Start with 1800 calories, 50-60g protein, and 50-60g fat. If weight fall off by doing this, then up calories to 1900 and see if we can keep your weight steady. We don't want you to lose any weight and run the risk of ovulation stopping! If you're doing the cardio, you may need to eat more calories so keep that in mind.

I would attempt at your positive opk and thereafter continue BDing every 4 days (E4D) until you get AF in case your ovulation is delayed.

CD1 counts as the first day of red blood flow. Rule of thumb is if red blood flow starts in the AM, then that day is CD1. If red blood flow starts in the evening, then the next day is considered CD1. Basically one full day of bleeding is CD1 .

����and GL to you!!

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    Baby Girl EDD 9/30/2017

Well yesterday was 1 brown spot and today so far is the same, brown. Actually nothing is there when I wipe. So I am all confused now!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you taken a pregnancy test? You may be pregnant.

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    Baby Girl EDD 9/30/2017

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I took one yesterday and it was negative. I am assuming yesterday was 14dpo but who knows now. I have cramps like I am on my period now except nothing is happening really. My body never did this stuff until after my 2nd child!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    SP has really not seemed to do anything (although I admit if I thought it had worked for me I'd be tempted!!)

If you don't do the SP then my gut instinct is for you to keep doing the fiber. The fiber is something I drop after people have lost a lot of weight, I have everyone start off using it. I'd start off at upper levels with the fiber and see how it goes.

Don't worry about the stress from staying home, that is normal mom stuff.

Just be sure you are sticking with that one attempt!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ