Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone know how long it takes for calcium to actually absorb in your body and if it's something that needs to be built up over time to make a difference in your nutrient levels? (Sorry that is a long winded question.) When I conceived DS2 I was drinking high fat milk by the gallons (per IG). I was trying for a girl but got a beautiful boy. This baby was a surprise and I was consuming very little calcium EXCEPT for the couple days around ovulation. I drank some brandy with egg nog. Hence the reason we had an oopsie. Lol! I just read that egg nog has more calcium than milk. I know what's done is done but I'm just obsessing. My ultrasound is tomorrow. Eek!
    Last edited by shiningstar; April 23rd, 2013 at 10:38 AM.
    Mama to my beautiful boys- '05 & '10

Surprise baby #3 coming in September 2013
    Hoping & praying for a healthy baby girl!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningstar View Post
    Anyone know how long it takes for calcium to actually absorb in your body and if it's something that needs to be built up over time to make a difference in your nutrient levels? (Sorry that is a long winded question.) When I conceived DS2 I was drinking high fat milk by the gallons (per IG). I was trying for a girl but got a beautiful boy. This baby was a surprise and I was consuming very little calcium EXCEPT for the couple days around ovulation. I drank some brandy with egg nog. Hence the reason we had an oopsie. Lol! I just read that egg nog has more calcium than milk. I know what's done is done but I'm just obsessing. My ultrasound is tomorrow. Eek!
    If anything the alcohol should sway pink. No vitamins and minerals are absorbed that much that fast, so a few days around o could never outweigh months without. Keep us posted!!
    DS1 2009, DS2 2011.
    Due early Feb 2014, it's a GIRL!

TTC 18months. 4 chemicals. BFP 3rd month on Clomid.

My Ovulation Chart

My Pink Sway

My Nub Shot

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not likely that you'd get scads of calcium from some eggnog but there are nutrients in eggnog otherwise that could also sway, plus it's protein and carbs together that keeps your blood sugar up. I don't ever think it comes down to one thing like that though.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When following a strict diet(Paleo) before and during the conception of my darling boy, i was advised to take magnesium supplements (big ones in mgs ( i can look up mgs and brand) No dairy allowed. The only alternative was coconutmilk,i had a lot of that mixed in daily almond-meal-pancakes.

No calcium supplements, but eating 3-4 eggs daily.
    Sorry if this info may be confusing! Im a little confused about the influence of nutrition myself... ;-)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! Can you clarify for me what you are concerned about??

A Paleo type diet eating 3-4 eggs a day with coconut milk and almond meal pancakes is very similar to what I would recommend someone eat for a boy. If you are thinking that the lack of dairy is what got you a boy and that this somehow proves that no calcium sways blue, it's nutrients overall that sway blue and there are a LOT of nutrients in that type of diet.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey! I understand it's the nutrients in this diet that may sway heavy on blue-team. ( calcium included, ate a lot of green leaf)
    It's just that i get a little confused by all of the swaying factors.
    So i guess coconut-milk is nutritious..
    All together, i was actually following every step of a boy-sway
    Except for the weight loss.
    Since this was nutrients all-over, my guess would be my chances of swaying girl are (a lot) bigger now, as i don't exercise at all, and eat what is considered normal/sloppy. Hours go by without eating these days, always busy and occupied with my son, i can only eat when he's all taken care of. I wonder what i can do to help a future ( december) sway.
    I'm not completely sure, but i'm getting curious about a personal plan.
    Sorry if my previous post wasn't clear.
    Im having a hard time sometimes placing the puzzle-pieces.;-)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am always happy to answer specific questions!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmother View Post
    When following a strict diet(Paleo) before and during the conception of my darling boy, i was advised to take magnesium supplements (big ones in mgs ( i can look up mgs and brand) No dairy allowed. The only alternative was coconutmilk,i had a lot of that mixed in daily almond-meal-pancakes.

No calcium supplements, but eating 3-4 eggs daily.
    Sorry if this info may be confusing! Im a little confused about the influence of nutrition myself... ;-)
    I know this is ages old, but I just stumbled across it (since I sought a thread like this to mention that yet another study came out saying more calcium yielded more boys, as well as more potassium resulting in more boys).

I thought I'd note for anyone reading: magnesium is necessary for absorbing Vitamin D, which in turn is necessary for absorbing calcium. Magnesium would be specifically absorbing any calcium well in a low calcium diet, leading to a higher calcium intake than suspected. Adding on to the fact that eggs are calcium rich as well as many veggies, this was not only a nutrious diet as atomic suggested, but also likely an adequate intake of calcium diet as well.
    Last edited by Throwaway_panther; August 6th, 2017 at 01:35 AM.

9. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for posting, I'd love a link if you have a spare moment.

The thing I want to beware of (and this is just as true for me as for anyone) is falling into a trap of reading too much into any one particular mineral or nutrient. Like, yeah, boy moms may have been eating more potassium or calcium but that may very well be because they were eating more of EVERYTHING across the boards and it is the big picture that counts. Since I've seen people getting boys and girls with about every possible combo of nutrient supplements one could possibly imagine, I have a hard time wrapping my brain around any one thing, be it calcium, potassium, even Vit D etc in and of itself, alone, on its own, swaying strongly. Like if a person was eating nothing but lettuce and rice cakes, and took a Vitamin D supp, could they REALLY get a boy because of the Vit D? Probably not. It's a pitfall because people get sooo hung up on things like potassium when it's most likely that the gal eating the most potassium, since it's in everything, is eating the most of everything all together.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678