Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: E4D

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Has the plan answered your questions Clara??
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes thanks Atomic. I’m going to use the replens 8-12 hours before my attempt. And not after as planned. I’m also considering dropping the douche as it looks like it will really reduce my chances of conceiveing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m going to aim for a 2 day cut off this month

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Clara198237 View Post
    I’m going to aim for a 2 day cut off this month

Hi Clara, how are you going to measure that it’s a 2 day cut off? Good luck with your sway!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I have an app where i type in my cycle like my period start date, I have been using opk sticks and usually ovulate the same time each month. Last month I did peak 2 days early, so this month I shall be using clear blue ovulation sticks with a 4 day fertile window. I have never used these though before so was hoping atomic may guide me on how to use these, or when to have an attempt based on the results on the clear blue test. With the opk sticks the readings become darker when you reach an hormone surge and hence close to ovulation, I’m not an expert but have been tracking using opks for around 7 months

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok I already answered some of this in another thread but just to keep this thread going for anyone interested:

The apps are NOT reliable (like, at all LOL - there's a bit of a scandal how many accidental pregnancies they're causing and I am finding they cause many other people TTC to not get pregnant) They only work if your cycle stays regular for the most part (especially if you are not entering in temps and only entering dates). Use them with great caution or not at all.

To use the Clearblues with the 4 day window for a 3 day cutoff you'd try the FIRST flashy (this is extremely low chance of conception - often more like 4 days before O - and I do not recommend it.) For a 2 day cutoff you'd try the SECOND flashy day (this can often end up being more like 3 days and is also not stellar odds of conception) My preference is you guys try the day of first SOLID smiley (this is 1-1 1/2 day cutoff or so, give or take) but it's fine if you prefer not to do that.

If you guys try the flashy smiley strategy, do be aware it's possible to have many days of flashy before going to peak (meaning an attempt at second smiley would still be quite far from O) OR to go straight to peak without any flashies at all!! So have a back up plan in mind so you're not in a panic at that point if one of those things happens.

7. Likes Clara198237 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

LR?

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    NOOOOOOO Do not take licorice root. I know there are people online who tell you to take it. I have done research on it and it is NOT SAFE. It may cause developmental delays in babies and it affects your hormones so even if you quit taking it, it may contribute to miscarriage. It also may interfere with the Clomid. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE LICORICE ROOT.

The only people who should take it are men, and even they shouldn't take it because it got terrible results. If you guys take one piece of advice I ever give you, do not take licorice root.

I know LR may help with stomach issues but please don't take it when TTC or pregnant, and don't take it with Clomid.

Hey I'm trying to figure out what clomid does and do both clomid and LR do the same thing? I know you don't recommend LR but what effect does LR and clomid have on the body? Are they the same in some ways?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazzz View Post
    Hey I'm trying to figure out what clomid does and do both clomid and LR do the same thing? I know you don't recommend LR but what effect does LR and clomid have on the body? Are they the same in some ways?
    No they are totally different things. They are in no way the same, do not work in any way the same, and the Licorice root is almost certainly harmful while the Clomid has been in widespread use since the 1960's and millions of healthy babies have been conceived on it.

Stay away from licorice.

I am happy to explain how these things affect the body, but if this is some sort of attempt to justify using licorice instead of Clomid I would rather not waste my time doing that - can you clarify why you want me to do this?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    No they are totally different things. They are in no way the same, do not work in any way the same, and the Licorice root is almost certainly harmful while the Clomid has been in widespread use since the 1960's and millions of healthy babies have been conceived on it.

Stay away from licorice.

I am happy to explain how these things affect the body, but if this is some sort of attempt to justify using licorice instead of Clomid I would rather not waste my time doing that - can you clarify why you want me to do this?

No that's ok just knowing they are different is enough. I'm very interested in all things swaying. I have some clomid being sent to me from a friend so I'll add it to my sway when it gets here. I'm a believer in hormones and being on tough times for a girl. I think I got my two boys because first I've always eaten like one and secondly I'm extremely anxious and overbearing in most areas of my life but could it be that someone who is on the look out all the time higher in testosterone can hold their own more likely to eat then in turn more food so also more foods that raise testosterone overall, like a crazy cycle. Have you asked all boy mums what their anxiety or personality is like? A domineering personality has got to be more likely to eat and a better option for the weaker boys. Also boys would have a better chance of getting their testosterone where it should if raised by a mum who literally is testosterone herself lol

I wish they would heavily study this stuff then their would be more swaying and less orphanages.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If it's just from curiosity that's a different matter! Sometimes people ask me questions that are really meant to be justifications of things they want to do and in the case of licorice root, it's something I just hate to see people use.

Clomid blocks estrogen for five days, and then your body makes a lot of estrogen all of a sudden to compensate and this rush of estrogen forces your eggs to mature and be released, and it also helps make progesterone (because your body is stimulated to make a lot of sex hormones Licorice root, on the other hand, is believed to interfere with your body's ability to make sex hormones all together, in part by taking the place of estrogen. So your body makes less estrogen, and the licorice has bonded with the estrogen receptors making it less likely for the natural estrogens to even work. They're pretty much polar opposites of each other.

So Clomid ends up with lots of natural estrogen at ovulation, and licorice would be less natural estrogen at ovulation. We know for a fact that Clomid sways pink and it's also not dangerous so use. Stick with Clomid and keep licorice very far away when pregnant and TTC.

Testosterone is something that sway gurus talk about a lot but the catch is - it's never been proven to work! People act like it's this proven thing, but there's never been a study where blood tests were taken before TTC to see what someone's gender conceived was. All we have are personality tests, but women's personality has been proven not to be affected by testosterone, so I don't see how personality can tell us anything about what testosterone levels even ARE. We DO know female personality can be affected by estrogen and progesterone fluctuations though.

Now, that having been said I do see personality differences between boy moms and girl moms, but it's just not proven testosterone has anything to do with that. Clomid RAISES testosterone and sways pink! I think it has more to to do with anxiety/control freakishness and not hormone levels in and of themselves. So I hate to see you guys get hung up on "lowering testosterone" when we really don't even know that testosterone has anything to do with it.

If you want to read a ridiculously long thread where I talk about personality and swaying it's here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...ypothesis.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast