Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
If it's just from curiosity that's a different matter! Sometimes people ask me questions that are really meant to be justifications of things they want to do and in the case of licorice root, it's something I just hate to see people use.

Clomid blocks estrogen for five days, and then your body makes a lot of estrogen all of a sudden to compensate and this rush of estrogen forces your eggs to mature and be released, and it also helps make progesterone (because your body is stimulated to make a lot of sex hormones Licorice root, on the other hand, is believed to interfere with your body's ability to make sex hormones all together, in part by taking the place of estrogen. So your body makes less estrogen, and the licorice has bonded with the estrogen receptors making it less likely for the natural estrogens to even work. They're pretty much polar opposites of each other.

So Clomid ends up with lots of natural estrogen at ovulation, and licorice would be less natural estrogen at ovulation. We know for a fact that Clomid sways pink and it's also not dangerous so use. Stick with Clomid and keep licorice very far away when pregnant and TTC.

Testosterone is something that sway gurus talk about a lot but the catch is - it's never been proven to work! People act like it's this proven thing, but there's never been a study where blood tests were taken before TTC to see what someone's gender conceived was. All we have are personality tests, but women's personality has been proven not to be affected by testosterone, so I don't see how personality can tell us anything about what testosterone levels even ARE. We DO know female personality can be affected by estrogen and progesterone fluctuations though.

Now, that having been said I do see personality differences between boy moms and girl moms, but it's just not proven testosterone has anything to do with that. Clomid RAISES testosterone and sways pink! I think it has more to to do with anxiety/control freakishness and not hormone levels in and of themselves. So I hate to see you guys get hung up on "lowering testosterone" when we really don't even know that testosterone has anything to do with it.

If you want to read a ridiculously long thread where I talk about personality and swaying it's here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...ypothesis.html

Thanks for that.
So with me having anxiety most my life and a control freak attitude how do I fix this? It gets so much worse when taking hpt and then again when taking opks leading up to ovulation.

Also do you think it would hurt if we did our attempt at first pos opk but get dh to release an hour beforehand just to lower the numbers a bit? We got both our boys at ovulation with my first we did 2 attempts in fertile window an with 2nd one attempt in fertile window right near ovulation day day of or day before. Just thinking dh mite have high numbers because of this but then again I don't think he's high testosterone so mite not have heaps of swimmers because he can happily go 2 wks without sex he doesn't care about it like other guys do. So would that low sex drive me low testosterone or high oestrogen low =low sperm numbers?