Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can you access it now? It's here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...-part-2-a.html
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! I have a five month old baby girl who was conceived on my first month of Clomid 50 mg. I have thin PCOS, so naturally I ovulate maybe 6 times a year, but didn't manage to get pregnant in the 11th months I was trying before my doctor prescribed Clomid.

I want another baby girl very badly and soon for two reasons 1. I heard that if pregnancies are close that sways girl for the second and 2. I think it would be very nice to have siblings close in age.

Two months ago (when I was 3 months postpartum) I still hadn't ovulated or had a period yet, so I picked a random day and took Clomid 50 mg for 5 days. It definitely made me ovulate, and I am pretty sure I conceived, but it made my luteal phase only 8 days long so I got my period. I researched on the internet and read that it is very common for the luteal phase to be super short in the first few periods after having a baby. After that I decided not to take Clomid for a while because why waste Clomid if I might have a luteal phase that is so short I wouldn't stay pregnant. I hoped that I would ovulate on my own (I've read that Clomid stays in the body for a while, so for a lot of PCOS women if Clomid makes them ovulate one month, they will ovulate without it the next month).

It was around CD 27 that I started getting ewcm and DH and I made 1 attempt then. I checked my temps the next two mornings and they hadn't risen, so I'm about 80% sure I didn't ovulate and it was just a "fake out". If I did ovulate, today would be O+7.

So I'm left trying to decide when to use Clomid next. I have 20 pills left of 50mg each, so that's 4 more attempts, though I would consider cutting pills in half to do 25 mg. This is from the same prescription that got me pregnant with my daughter, and they don't expire until 2019. I've never had any side effects from Clomid.

I'm thinking if I did ovulate and I have a luteal phase of at least 10 days, then I'll take Clomid CD 1-5 (that's what got me pregnant with my daughter)

And if I didn't ovulate, then I'll wait until March to try the Clomid again.

I've tried to research on the internet about women using Clomid postpartum to make a small gap between kids, but I couldn't find anything!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! Sorry if I'm posting too much for a newbie.

Just wanted to ask which days everyone is taking their Clomid? I did CD 1-5 on my first attempt and got my daughter. My doctor said to take it CD 3-7 which I understand is the most standard protocol, but I read on the internet that CD 1-5 gets more pregnancies, and I thought it couldn't hurt.

I read in another place, that for women who don't ovulate regularly and are on like CD 50 or something, they actually have a bigger chance of getting pregnant if they take the Clomid for 5 days in the middle of the cycle, than if they use Provera to make a period then do CD 3 - 7, and that the reason why is because Clomid thins the uterine lining, but if you take it mid cycle your lining has already had time to thicken.

4. Thanks Verena thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsEnglish View Post
    Hi! Sorry if I'm posting too much for a newbie.

Just wanted to ask which days everyone is taking their Clomid? I did CD 1-5 on my first attempt and got my daughter. My doctor said to take it CD 3-7 which I understand is the most standard protocol, but I read on the internet that CD 1-5 gets more pregnancies, and I thought it couldn't hurt.

I read in another place, that for women who don't ovulate regularly and are on like CD 50 or something, they actually have a bigger chance of getting pregnant if they take the Clomid for 5 days in the middle of the cycle, than if they use Provera to make a period then do CD 3 - 7, and that the reason why is because Clomid thins the uterine lining, but if you take it mid cycle your lining has already had time to thicken.
    I prefer that people take it CD 3-7. Taking it CD 1-5 is risky because you may not have enough time for your lining to regrow before blocking the estrogen with the Clomid and it will make you ovulate sooner as well so really not the best for most people. It's great that you were able to conceive that way but I'd not count on it to happen in the future.

I strongly urge everyone who is NOT using Clomid under the strict guidance of a doctor (and I am including the people whose docs just hand them Clomid with no help or monitoring) to not ever, ever, EVER take Clomid in the middle of the cycle. There is a (VERY) small minority of women who can start Clomid in the middle of the cycle. This is not 99.9% of everyone who is on this site. I do not want ANYONE starting Clomid midcycle unless their doctor has given them bloodwork or ultrasound to determine where they are in the cycle. Taking Clomid midcycle without this monitoring can lead to the development of ovarian cysts or even serious harm to an unborn baby if one was to take it after ovulation/conception has occurred.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, the Clomid probably didn't make your LP short, it was (just as you say) because you recently had a baby.

Agree that you sometimes will still manage to ovulate on your own the next month off the Clomid BUT again that's not always applicable to people who have had a baby within the last 6-12 months.

I think you guys should have unprotected sex every 4 or 5 days and see if you can catch the egg. Or, you can wait for your cycle to normalize a little bit more and then do the Clomid. Totally up to you.

The reason why there's not that much info about trying for a close child spacing is that very, very few doctors will give Clomid to women who have proven fertility, and additionally those who have just had a baby. Since you can only be on Clomid 12-18 months over the course of your entire life, doctors are not willing to hand over the Clomid if you don't have a great chance of conception (which most will not that soon after having a baby). It just isn't sound medical practice to medicate people who don't need it, and additionally to give medication that must be limited, in situations where people don't have a good chance of successfully conceiving with it.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi!

This is a pointless update, but just for me to collect my thoughts. I'm possibly O+9 today, but still don't know whether I ovulated. If I did ovulate it was Monday 9 days ago, and DH and I had one attempt then, so it was good timing.

Why I think I didn't ovulate: The next two mornings after O I had no temp rise, and in my previous cycles, temp would rise pretty quickly. Sometimes it would jump, and sometimes it would climb (I think climbing is a sign I conceived), but it would always go up at least a little after O.

Why I might have ovulated: Just for fun I checked my temp this morning and it was definitely a post-O temp for me.

Intuitively, I do not feel like I am pregnant, but I will be happy if I at least ovulated and have at least a 10 day luteal phase.

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We have been finding that some gals are not seeing a reliable temp rise for a day or two past when they expect to. The immediate temp rise is not proving to be as reliable as we once thought it to be and we're seeing people O without a temp rise right away and even people ahving a temp rise for a day or so without ovulation (then their temp goes back down, or else it goes up in a stairstep pattern and only after a few rises do they finally ovulate)

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    We have been finding that some gals are not seeing a reliable temp rise for a day or two past when they expect to. The immediate temp rise is not proving to be as reliable as we once thought it to be and we're seeing people O without a temp rise right away and even people ahving a temp rise for a day or so without ovulation (then their temp goes back down, or else it goes up in a stairstep pattern and only after a few rises do they finally ovulate)
    Thanks, that gives me hope that I did ovulate. I'm still unsure though. It took me 12 months to get pregnant with #1 and I was an obsessive compulsive temper then, so in addition to doing BBT first thing in the morning, I'd also be checking in the evening, and if my temp was higher than 98.6 in the evening, then I def ovulated, and if it was lower than 97.8 in the evening, then I hadn't ovulated. Since having my baby (and trying for #2), I have really been slacking off on temping, either not temping at all, or getting it a few minutes after waking up, which makes it really hard to decipher. Anyway, for the last two days I've gotten post-Ovulation temps in the morning (not quite first thing though), and pre-Ovulation temps in the evening. I thought I knew all of the things that artificially raise or lower temp (bath or drinking tea, or sleeping more than normal raises, exercise actually lowers because all the air cooling down the mouth).

All I know is that I didn't get my period yet, and if I don't have it by Sunday morning I'll POAS.

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is a weird irony that sometimes the people who are the most into temping end up having problems getting pregnant. It may be because let's say your temps happen to follow a slightly different pattern than the norm, and so you are assuming you've ovulated based on those temps when you haven't and you may end up having attempts at the wrong times because the temps are tricking you. TEmping is a much better tool for avoiding pregnancy than it is for achieving it, honestly.
    Studies have found that even highly trained people using cutting edge technology could only pinpoint their ovulation 1 out of 3 days. Temping is what it is but it's not as set in stone as we were once led to believe, at least for detecting ovulation to the day.

So what I would do in this case is add in an element of unpredictability and have sex unprotected every 4 days, even if you think you're days away from O, and even if you think ovulation has already occurred. We get good results with BD every 4 days for pink and it will guard against either early O or delayed O.

Or, you can also do OPK strips and use those to time an attempt instead of using your temping to do that. Totally up to you.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Update: today would be 13 days post ovulation and:
    1. Negative POAS after a 6 hour hold
    2. Pre-ovulation temp this morning
    3. No period.

So, I'm not pregnant and I didn't ovulate. I just fell for a classic PCOS "fake out".

BTW, in case someone was wondering, I did not use clomid this cycle, but I did use it last month and it made me ovulate last month.

Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast