Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, I have a question and am open to anyone's advice. Sorry if this is in the wrong place because it is about conceiving in general and not specifically swaying girl.

Should my next attempt be with 25 mg Clomid or 50 mg Clomid?

Background: I have thin PCOS (normal weight, no acne or hair problems, normal testosterone, but only ovulate on my own about 6 times a year, and that might be weak ovulation). Last year I got pregnant on my first round of Clomid 50 mg. This year, post partum and before getting a natural period I took Clomid 50 mg and ovulated but didn't get pregnant because I had an 8 day luteal phase (which is common post - partum, before getting pregnant I had an 11 -12 day luteal phase). Both times I had no side effects from the Clomid. I have 20 pills left (so enough for 4 more attempts if I use 50 mg), and they expire Feb 2019.

Reasons to take 25 mg: (1) The lowest dose of Clomid that makes you ovulate is the most effective because fewer side effects like thinning uterine lining and reducing cm. (2) If I cut my pills in half, that would give me 8 attempts instead of 4, and if this cycle my luteal phase is still too short to support a pregnancy, it would be a shame to only have 3 attempts left. (3) I wouldn't mind twins, but I'm scared of triplets or more.

Reasons to take 50 mg: (1) it got me pregnant in the past. (2) I didn't have any side effects that I knew about. (3) if 25 mg doesn't make me ovulate, it would be a shame to waste the Clomid and the time.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is one of those crystal ball questions I really don't know the answer to. I feel like 50 mg is more of a known quantity than 25 for swaying and I trust it more than I do 25.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You're right, now that I think about it, asking "if 50 mg Clomid made me ovulate, will 25?" is a question that only God would know the answer to, and it was silly to ask.

I want to update now just in case someone else in my shoes (using Clomid to try to have two children close together in age) finds it.

So two evenings ago (Jan 8) I ended up taking 25 mg Clomid and same thing last night. This morning I got my period which was really weird and unexpected because I don't think I ovulated this cycle, and Clomid is supposed to induce ovulation, not a period. But anyway, I'm going to continue taking 25 mg Clomid for the next three evenings, and hopefully it will make me ovulate. So instead of taking Clomid days 3 - 7 or 1 - 5, it's like I'm taking Clomid days -1 - 3, which is weird, weird, weird, so I'm just hoping for the best and I'll update.

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is NOT AF. It is breakthrough bleeding from the drop in estrogen that Clomid causes. Just finish taking the dose as you are meant to and you are NOT TAKING IT CD 1-3 that's not what has happened.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mrs English have you had a natural ppaf yet? Or are you taking clomid on any cd for 5 days and ovulating like that?
    I am waiting for my first ppaf still- my ds is 13 months and I'm eager to start taking my clomid and ttc.
    Proud Mum to two gorgeous boys
    2014 2016
    Swayed expecting beautiful DS3 due Feb 2019
    Dreaming of a in 2020

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kittendreams View Post
    Mrs English have you had a natural ppaf yet? Or are you taking clomid on any cd for 5 days and ovulating like that?
    I am waiting for my first ppaf still- my ds is 13 months and I'm eager to start taking my clomid and ttc.
    Nope, haven't had a natural ppaf yet, and I'm not breastfeeding.

3 months pp I took Clomid 50mg for 5 days, ovulated, but didn't get pregnant because I had an 8 day luteal phase. The next month I did not take Clomid and did not ovulate. About 12 days ago I still hadn't ovulated or had AF so I took 5 days of Clomid 25mg, and on the 3rd morning got period like bleeding that lasted for five days.

I'm waiting now to see whether I'll ovulate from the 25 mg Clomid. If it makes me ovulate, I should ovulate for sure within 25 days of starting the Clomid, so if by early February I haven't ovulated yet, I'll have to decide whether to:
    A) Wait till I get AF or ovulate naturally
    B) Take birth control for three weeks then stop, which should induce a period, then take Clomid, or
    C) Just take a higher dose of Clomid for 5 days without having AF.

I have an impulsive personality, so I'm thinking it will probably be C, but on the other hand I decided that I want to get pregnant with #2 by September at the latest, but that still gives me 8 months, so I don't feel like I must get pregnant right now.

Are you breastfeeding? Are you planning on starting Clomid without Af, or waiting for AF?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Next time please don't take Clomid if you haven't had a period. I did not catch that you had taken Clomid without having a bleed and then you had a bleed after that. You have very likely messed up your body and it's going to take a couple months for things to work themselves out.

What can happen when you take Clomid at the wrong time of the month is that if you had an egg forming, it can, in essence, make that egg go to sleep or even become a cyst that then suppresses future ovulation for a couple months till it reabsorbs. NO MORE CLOMID until you have had a natural cycle. I do not think that tossing birth control pills now on top of all this is a great idea and I can't recommend doing that.

I really cannot ever (as you already know, sorry to repeat myself here, it's for the benefit of others reading this thread and not to repeat myself) recommend taking Clomid 3 months postpartum. Your body doesn't want to get pregnant and probably will simply refuse to cooperate.

It is medically nuts (to use a super scientific word there) to take MORE Clomid now. Seriously. Please do not take any more Clomid period, end of story. You are going to cause yourself to take longer to conceive and will not accomplish any of your goals plus taking Clomid too often over the course of your life may raise your risks of cancer.

Option A, wait to get AF naturally. That is the ONLY CHOICE here. No birth control, no more Clomid.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsEnglish View Post
    Nope, haven't had a natural ppaf yet, and I'm not breastfeeding.

3 months pp I took Clomid 50mg for 5 days, ovulated, but didn't get pregnant because I had an 8 day luteal phase. The next month I did not take Clomid and did not ovulate. About 12 days ago I still hadn't ovulated or had AF so I took 5 days of Clomid 25mg, and on the 3rd morning got period like bleeding that lasted for five days.

I'm waiting now to see whether I'll ovulate from the 25 mg Clomid. If it makes me ovulate, I should ovulate for sure within 25 days of starting the Clomid, so if by early February I haven't ovulated yet, I'll have to decide whether to:
    A) Wait till I get AF or ovulate naturally
    B) Take birth control for three weeks then stop, which should induce a period, then take Clomid, or
    C) Just take a higher dose of Clomid for 5 days without having AF.

I have an impulsive personality, so I'm thinking it will probably be C, but on the other hand I decided that I want to get pregnant with #2 by September at the latest, but that still gives me 8 months, so I don't feel like I must get pregnant right now.

Are you breastfeeding? Are you planning on starting Clomid without Af, or waiting for AF?
    Yes im breastfeeding still and that's probably why my af hasn't returned. I have tried vitex but no af yet however I have had some symptoms of o this week so time will tell. I've had cramps, some ewcm amd even some spotting so fx something is happening.

Fx you do ovulate this month and catch the egg- I understand wanting close spacing I have felt the same but my body has other ideas lol!

And thanks for clearing that up Atomic I was reading this thread thinking maybe starting clomid will make me o before my first natural ppaf but I can see how that won't work thanks again.
    Last edited by kittendreams; January 19th, 2018 at 03:39 PM.
    Proud Mum to two gorgeous boys
    2014 2016
    Swayed expecting beautiful DS3 due Feb 2019
    Dreaming of a in 2020

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    there are reasons why we aren't getting PPAF (prolactin) and that suppresses ovulation even with the Clomid.

12. Thanks kittendreams thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi all..

I have been ttc for the last 6 months with no good news while on LE diet. One attempt or ed4 hasn’t been working too.
    My last 2 cycles went haywire stretching up to 40-45 days, my cycle usually is 28-30days.

Decided to see a gynecologist... on CD2, and am given Clomid 50mg but asked to take 2 tablets for the next 5 days to help ovulate.

Seeing that most people are only on 50mg... is 100mg too much?
    2017 Ttc a girl

Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast