Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by snowy_ice View Post
    Hi all..

I have been ttc for the last 6 months with no good news while on LE diet. One attempt or ed4 hasn’t been working too.
    My last 2 cycles went haywire stretching up to 40-45 days, my cycle usually is 28-30days.

Decided to see a gynecologist... on CD2, and am given Clomid 50mg but asked to take 2 tablets for the next 5 days to help ovulate.

Seeing that most people are only on 50mg... is 100mg too much?
    The best dose of Clomid is the smallest does that makes you ovulate. If you don't ovulate on 50 mg, then no problem to go to 100 mg. But, I think it's weird to start with 100 mg, especially if you are ovulating on your own. I'd start on 50 mg if I were in your place. There are side effects like thinking your uterine lining and reducing cervical mucus, also risk of over stimulation, and higher dose = more side effects, so you don't want a higher dose than you need.

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Mrs English..

I thought so too after reading the articles here.. hence decided to post and ask for some advice.

But, since I have started my first day with 100mg, ok for me to cut to 50mg on day2-5?
    2017 Ttc a girl

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Mrs English..

I thought so too after reading the articles here.. hence decided to post and ask for some advice.

But, since I have started my first day with 100mg, ok for me to cut to 50mg on day2-5?
    Hi!

I didn't answer this yesterday, because I don't know. I would GUESS that it's fine to cut the dose, but I'd hate telling you when I'm not sure. The reason that I would think it is okay is because after 5 days you suddenly stop taking Clomid altogether, so it's not one of the medicines that you have to slowly wean off of.

Good luck!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi all..

I have been ttc for the last 6 months with no good news while on LE diet. One attempt or ed4 hasn’t been working too.
    My last 2 cycles went haywire stretching up to 40-45 days, my cycle usually is 28-30days.

Decided to see a gynecologist... on CD2, and am given Clomid 50mg but asked to take 2 tablets for the next 5 days to help ovulate.

Seeing that most people are only on 50mg... is 100mg too much?
    If your doctor has prescribed 100 to you it is probably fine, but I prefer you guys take 50 when a doctor is NOT involved because I don't want you to conceive multiples!!

I would go to every 4 days plus one more attempt at positive OPK now.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Mrs English..

yes it's fine to do that.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi atomic i have a question, how long does it take for clomid to get in my system? I will only take 25mg days 3-7 because I’m very nervous about the side effects. I always over react from hormones. Is two cycles enough for me to sway girl?
    Ps: I don’t need it at all I’m ovulating on my own.

DS1 2010
    DS2 2012
    DS3 January 2020 - endometriosis - DH low motility

Due Date 23.08.2021

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You need to try every month you have taken Clomid. It gets in your system immediately. Do not take Clomid for even just one month before TTC. You have to try the first month you take it.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, why is that? And is 25 mg enough to sway girl? Are there many side effects?

DS1 2010
    DS2 2012
    DS3 January 2020 - endometriosis - DH low motility

Due Date 23.08.2021

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by onebigwish View Post
    Ok, why is that? And is 25 mg enough to sway girl? Are there many side effects?
    Side effects: the side effect most people complain about is headache, but if you take Clomid right before going to sleep that will reduce your side effects, so I recommend that. I take mine before bed and have never had any side effects with 50 mg. The smaller the dose, the less side effects. Other side effects for your fertility include reduced cervical mucus (I still had plenty), and thinning your uterus lining (which is bad for conception, but you would not notice this unless you do ultrasounds). The thinning of your uterine lining is one of the reasons that you should not take Clomid for more than 4 - 6 months in a row. If your lining gets too thin, you can't get pregnant. Another side effect is that Clomid usually lengthens your luteal phase, which is good for getting pregnant, but can lead to hard disappointment if your period is late but you're not pregnant it's just because the Clomid made your lp longer, so keep that in mind.

11. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes onebigwish liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wanted to update with my situation: I either O'd yesterday, or I had another "fake - out".

I had all of the signs of ovulation, and this morning I had a higher body temp, but I also slept in a lot longer than usual. I'm gonna get a normal amount of sleep tonight, and if tomorrow morning's temp is high, I'll be pretty sure I ovulated.

I had one attempt at insemination, two days ago, so timing would have been great if I did ovulate.

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast