Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why do you think your sway didn't work?

Hi,

I just thought I'd ask the question....

I know that even the best sway is only 75% successful, at best, but I just wondered if we could benefit from hindsight maybe....

I was following Shettles when I conceived my last boy, and there were some things I was doing that were unknowingly swaying girl, but most were swaying boy. For example, I'm vegan, and I'd always eat breakfast late, so was always going at least 15 hours between dinner and breakfast the next day - so girl friendly. However, I would snack almost constantly from when I had breakfast to when I'd finish dinner, I was having around 80g protein and 90g fat a day, plus I would exercise around 1 hour once a week. We also BD every other day and some times every day up to 4/5 days before ovulation. I see that my diet, my eating habits, my exercise and BD pattern were all boy friendly and outweighed my vegan diet and fasting period.

Just wondered if you look back at a sway opposite and think you can see why you got an opposite.

Thanks.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know how helpful this thought process is. Almost everything could be "blamed" for a failed sway -- which is why I think InGender still exists and has people blaming the moon sign or the month of their birth for their failed sways.

It's always an odds game. Swaying is just tilting the odds. When it fails, it almost always is because the odds just didn't work in your favor.

Sure, there can be "big" things like smoking when TTC for a boy, or eating 100g of protein when TTC a girl. But even then people do those things and end up with their desired gender without even trying.

I fully, fully understand that desire to feel in some sort of control -- even if it hurts to have had an opposite, feeling like you had some control in it can help us feel better. But ultimately, we can only do so much.

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush, LA_Girl thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a helpful thread on this issue here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...12-8-17-a.html

With my 3rd son I tried Shettles but we did more than one attempt up to a cutoff and I had a super friendly boy diet since I didn't know about any of the rest of it. Also gained weight and was doing mod. exercise and had a very "control freaky" job at the time. I may as well have been swaying blue for him, I know that now.

With my 4th son I was doing the Ingender supplements and taking a prenatal. So I was getting tons of nutrients. Then even though I lost weight at first I took a month off from TTC to gain some weight back but then got pregnant anyway (I wasn't ovulating regularly since I was breastfeeding and didn't even know I got pregnant for a few weeks after) I was also spending tons of time online reading and arguing about swaying constantly and it was very control freaky stuff as well.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Thanks LA_Girl thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ladies for your responses.

That thread is really helpful Atomic.

Like you mentioned in your thread Atomic, my belief is that what we do to sway is just the tip of the iceberg. I don’t think conceiving a certain gender is luck, I believe it’s based on many factors, most of which we don’t know about, and some of which (like genetics - I have PCOS and so did my mum) we can’t control - only manage to a certain extent.

I feel that my Shettles sway swayed more pink than my previous pregnancies as I was vegan then and wasn’t before, so I hope that the exercise, diet, BD pattern and dropping my prenatal and just taking folate will boost my odds.

Like you say Throwaway, I guess people could blame all sorts for a failed sway and there could be ten other things swaying the opposite way that we just don’t know about. It was just something I thought we could gain from experience.

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post