Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Super Short Luteal Phase 6DPO - taken Clomid

I took Clomid on CD3-7. I ovulated on CD19 (which would be around my usual time pre diet - last cycle my body tried three times to ovulate before it finally did and I had a 10 day Luteal Phase), and I started spotting on the morning of CD25, which I initially thought was a really good sign, but it turned into much more than that by the evening.

Is it the Clomid that’s made my LP so short? What do I do to lengthen it? I have more Clomid to take, but I’ll never sustain a pregnancy with such a short LP. Everything worked out so well this cycle too with one attempt at positive OPK.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just found out the results of the blood test I had which the doctor who prescribed the Clomid told me to do.

My progesterone is really low. It should be between 11 and 80 and mine is 5!!!!

I’ve read some other threads which suggest eating eggs, but I’m vegan and don’t eat eggs. What should I eat instead? Is it fat or cholesterol I should be eating? I was thinking of switching back to cooking with coconut oil instead of Rapeseed oil.

Also, how long does it usually take to increase progesterone? It’s just that I have Clomid to take and don’t want to waste it if it’ll take a few months to raise my progesterone.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! Clomid usually makes your LP longer, so it should not be the reason it's shorter. If your progesterone is low, you may need to take a progesterone supplement. Did your doctor mention that? I haven't taken progesterone, but my friend who did told me a side effect is major moodiness, but it's worth it if that's what you need to sustain pregnancy.

How long was your LP before using Clomid. I don't believe Clomid would have shortened it, so is there anything else you did differently this cycle? If not, it may have just been a fluke, so I'd try Clomid again.

If you are underweight that works against you in terms of getting pregnant, and a high fat diet might help. It's okay to be vegan, but if you have trouble conceiving, you should cut out all soy products, so almond milk instead of soy milk and bean burgers instead of soy burgers.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks MrsEnglish. My LP has always been on the short side - around 10 days, but I haven’t fallen pregnant with that length LP before although I have also suffered several miscarriages too.

My doctor hasn’t spoken to me about the results. I can get an appointment if it’s a good idea to get a progesterone prescription.

I am about 3lbs underweight so I do want to gain a few pounds back. I don’t eat any soy products at all. I’m getting protein from whole grains (mainly brown rice) and beans/lentils and I’ve been getting fat from Rapeseed oil, almond milk and hummus mainly. I’ll see what Atomic says but I’m thinking of switching my oil to coconut oil and adding some pumpkin seeds in, and just making sure I’m at the upper limits for fat and protein.

Makes me nervous to gain weight and increase fat and protein as I know that sways blue.

Thanks for replying.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    While Clomid is supposed to extend LP we have had a minority of people who did end up with a shorter than normal LP on it. If you're taking fiber, drop it. Increase fat intake to 50-60 g and try to get in 1 serving of full fat dairy a day, 4-6 eggs a week, and 1 serving salmon if you like it and red meat if you don't.

When was the bloodwork done? What cycle day or part of the cycle?

What was the method you used to determine when ovulation occurred?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Girl View Post
    I just found out the results of the blood test I had which the doctor who prescribed the Clomid told me to do.

My progesterone is really low. It should be between 11 and 80 and mine is 5!!!!

I’ve read some other threads which suggest eating eggs, but I’m vegan and don’t eat eggs. What should I eat instead? Is it fat or cholesterol I should be eating? I was thinking of switching back to cooking with coconut oil instead of Rapeseed oil.

Also, how long does it usually take to increase progesterone? It’s just that I have Clomid to take and don’t want to waste it if it’ll take a few months to raise my progesterone.
    Agh sorry just skimmed this part before replying. Yes switch to coconut oil and you need to be at 50-60 g protein and fat.

It shouldn't take months to up your progesterone if that is indeed what is happening. There is also an effect on estrogen which can make a short LP so I need a little more info about how you know when you ovualted and when that progesterone test was done.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Girl View Post
    Thanks MrsEnglish. My LP has always been on the short side - around 10 days, but I haven’t fallen pregnant with that length LP before although I have also suffered several miscarriages too.

My doctor hasn’t spoken to me about the results. I can get an appointment if it’s a good idea to get a progesterone prescription.

I am about 3lbs underweight so I do want to gain a few pounds back. I don’t eat any soy products at all. I’m getting protein from whole grains (mainly brown rice) and beans/lentils and I’ve been getting fat from Rapeseed oil, almond milk and hummus mainly. I’ll see what Atomic says but I’m thinking of switching my oil to coconut oil and adding some pumpkin seeds in, and just making sure I’m at the upper limits for fat and protein.

Makes me nervous to gain weight and increase fat and protein as I know that sways blue.

Thanks for replying.
    How much protein, fat, and cals are you eating right now? Please don't worry about upping fat and protein, that may just be what we need to do here.

Progesterone supplements don't really do anything. Studies have found them to be a placebo - no difference in pregnancy rates with and without them, unfortunately. They can extend LP but that doesn't translate to higher pregnancy rates or fewer miscarriages. So I think in the here and now we need to get to the bottom of what's going on with your LP.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your responses Atomic.

I tested with OPK sticks every day from CD8 (I took Clomid from CD3-CD7) right up until AF. I had ewcm on CD17, but had a negative OPK. I then got a positive OPK on CD18, cramps in the morning of CD19 and another positive OPK that day. Every day after that I got a negative OPK. I assume I ovulated on CD19.

I was told to have the blood test on CD21 or 7 days before I would expect AF. I had the blood test on CD23. I know the day I have that test will obviously affect the result. AF started on what would’ve been CD25.

I was eating around 40g protein, around 45g-50g fat and around 1600-1700 cals. These past couple of days I’ve had around 45g protein, 50g-55g fat and 1800 cals, so I’ll aim to keep that up. Is it omega 3 I need to increase or cholesterol?

Thanks for your advice.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also - I’ve read that if your oestrogen is too high it can make your progesterone low. I was eating beans (cannellini, kidney etc) from tins (which I know can have xeno oestrogen), so I’ll switch to dry beans and cook them to eliminate this too.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just wanted to add - the bleed I had was light compared to my usual AF. Not spotting, definitely a bleed, which completely stopped by the end of yesterday. This morning I got AF type cramps and started bleeding properly- and is also when I had expected AF. I was going to start Clomid again tonight, but I’m going to treat today as CD1 and start on CD3 (which would be CD5 if I’m wrong which I know is still OK for Clomid).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast