Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Planning pink sway Q's: gradual vs. sudden changes, moderate exercise, easing into sway

Hi all! I am new here, I have two beautiful boys (3.5 and 2) and we plan to start ttc in July. We would love to add a daughter to our family so I'm going to start a pink sway in April.
    A little background: I have always been an all-day snacker with small frequent meals and my diet is high in protein and healthy fats, lots of tea. I've also always done about 30 min of cardio most days and light weight-training. I've never skipped breakfast and up until recently, I always ate fortified bran flakes before working out in the morning then had another breakfast after. Ive never felt like I'm a control freak but I am really into eating healthy and exercising. I am 32 and DH is 29.

I have a few questions maybe someone can shed some light on:

1. Is there any benefit to adjusting some of my eating habits (skipping breakfast, not snacking as much) before really starting to sway in earnest? Since I'm still about 16+ weeks from ttc, I figured I'd start doing some things gradually until I get stricter at 12 weeks, but does it really help if I'm not consistently skipping breakfast (some days and not others) at this point?

2. In terms of helping my pink sway, is a sudden transition from moderate cardio and weights to the 60 min of cardio with no weights the best way to go? Has anyone made a transition like this and have any advice?

3. I also do a lot of walking and other active stuff with my kids- if this is in addition to the 60min cardio already is there any negative impact that could have?

4. In general for a pink sway, are gradual changes or more sudden changes more effective? Part of me has wondered if I suddenly just change all my habits then my body would just be like "woah!" and the sway would be better. All else being equal, would a sway with a gradual start be just as "good?"

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbird View Post
    Hi all! I am new here, I have two beautiful boys (3.5 and 2) and we plan to start ttc in July. We would love to add a daughter to our family so I'm going to start a pink sway in April.
    A little background: I have always been an all-day snacker with small frequent meals and my diet is high in protein and healthy fats, lots of tea. I've also always done about 30 min of cardio most days and light weight-training. I've never skipped breakfast and up until recently, I always ate fortified bran flakes before working out in the morning then had another breakfast after. Ive never felt like I'm a control freak but I am really into eating healthy and exercising. I am 32 and DH is 29.

I have a few questions maybe someone can shed some light on:

1. Is there any benefit to adjusting some of my eating habits (skipping breakfast, not snacking as much) before really starting to sway in earnest? Since I'm still about 16+ weeks from ttc, I figured I'd start doing some things gradually until I get stricter at 12 weeks, but does it really help if I'm not consistently skipping breakfast (some days and not others) at this point?

2. In terms of helping my pink sway, is a sudden transition from moderate cardio and weights to the 60 min of cardio with no weights the best way to go? Has anyone made a transition like this and have any advice?

3. I also do a lot of walking and other active stuff with my kids- if this is in addition to the 60min cardio already is there any negative impact that could have?

4. In general for a pink sway, are gradual changes or more sudden changes more effective? Part of me has wondered if I suddenly just change all my habits then my body would just be like "woah!" and the sway would be better. All else being equal, would a sway with a gradual start be just as "good?"
    Im starting my sway next month, like u im 32 and 2 boys. Im struggling with keeping calorie intake, I haven't really cut back at all and only added a couple of walks a week in for exercise. What im hoping will sway is all my other tricks! I ordered acijel online it keeps ph acidic which sways girl. Get the clear blue opks with the 4 fertile days showing and try and do the deed 3/4 days before ovulation. Drink peppermint tea or spearmint it lowers testosterone and get hubby to take licorice root itll lower his testosterone. And finally u both take calcium and magnesium. Im going this will sway it for me

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using Tapatalk

3. Thanks Kbird thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, Third times a charm! Sounds like we are in the same boat I too am going to have a hard time maintaining enough calories, I noticed even cutting back on snacking makes things a lot harder because I'm not used to eating big meals! That will take some getting used to, for sure. I definitely see why I am a mom to two boys, lol!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, Third times a charm! Sounds like we are in the same boat I too am going to have a hard time maintaining enough calories, I noticed even cutting back on snacking makes things a lot harder because I'm not used to eating big meals! That will take some getting used to, for sure. I definitely see why I am a mom to two boys, lol!
    I'd love to know exactly how much diet sways percentage wise, I kno a whole lot of girl moms who never quit eating lol also part of the diet is to sway ph and if your using acijel then that does that for u. Ph sounds to b a big factor in it. Are u going to do shettles method?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I will do the one attempt at pos OPK- I did some research into shettles and personally can't see much scientific evidence that convinces me it works. I think there are some great essays on this site about timing and Atomic has a lot of great info about it. I know for some people that's a big thing to include in their sway, just for me I'll probably focus on the one attempt I got both my boys (not swaying) having many attempts within the fertile window and I know lots of people who also conceived boys while bd very frequently so antecdotally at least, makes sense to me!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I will do the one attempt at pos OPK- I did some research into shettles and personally can't see much scientific evidence that convinces me it works. I think there are some great essays on this site about timing and Atomic has a lot of great info about it. I know for some people that's a big thing to include in their sway, just for me I'll probably focus on the one attempt I got both my boys (not swaying) having many attempts within the fertile window and I know lots of people who also conceived boys while bd very frequently so antecdotally at least, makes sense to me!
    Just wondering, do u have to pay subscription to get advice from atomic or does she answer questions on this?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rd times a charm View Post
    Just wondering, do u have to pay subscription to get advice from atomic or does she answer questions on this?

She answers questions on this. You only have to pay for a customized plan to help your sway and to get answers FASTER. She will answer regardless, just not as quickly.

But I have found she is wonderful at getting back to you as quickly as she can and there are several other wonderful users who will jump in and answer questions too!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

9. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1)I'd def have you start exercising more like 60 minutes if you can right away, because this may help you not lose too much weight suddenly as compared to starting more exercise and diet simultaneously.

Skipping breakfast has not been super effective, I'd wait till 12 week mark on that.

2)We can't know what is best - too many possible ways to do it. I DO have a pretty good bead that 60 min. exercise is much better than 30 and so that change I would definitely have you make right away if at all possible.

3) Nope, not at all, as long as it's in addition to at least one bloc of 60 min. I DON"T want people to do 15 min. in the morning, 30 at noon, 15 at night and call that 60 min. Unfortunately it appears it needs to be concecutive for at least one 60 minute time period.

4)We originally considered that there may be something to "shocking" your body but when we played around with the idea, it did NOT seem to help and in fact got worse results. The reason I know this, is because our swayers who only dieted and exercised 2-4 weeks before conception, got considerably worse results than those who did so more like 12+ weeks, even though the people on diet a short time were almost always very strict and those dieting longer had almost all relaxed over time. So it appears that "shocking your body" doesn't work as well as slow and steady changes over time.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

11. Thanks Kbird thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im starting my sway next month, like u im 32 and 2 boys. Im struggling with keeping calorie intake, I haven't really cut back at all and only added a couple of walks a week in for exercise. What im hoping will sway is all my other tricks! I ordered acijel online it keeps ph acidic which sways girl. Get the clear blue opks with the 4 fertile days showing and try and do the deed 3/4 days before ovulation. Drink peppermint tea or spearmint it lowers testosterone and get hubby to take licorice root itll lower his testosterone. And finally u both take calcium and magnesium. Im going this will sway it for me

I think I answered this in more detail in a different thread, but I really can't recommend doing this approach since we've found that the only things that are really helping are diet, exercise, one attempt, and Clomid or Femara if you can get them. For DH, smoking and jogging and/or biking have been proven effective. So I strongly urge everyone to focus on the things that actually sway rather than relying on the things that are not working and have really cut odds of conception by quite a lot.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

I answer all the questions asked, just that it takes me a little longer to get back to you in the free forums. If it's been more than like 5 days or so, do bump your post since occasionally I'll open a post to reply and get interrupted and then it looks to me like I answered when I didn't.

This is my job, though, and so I do always appreciate anyone who can get a plan or a Dream Membership since it enables me to do this as my full time job - answering q's, doing research, writing articles - rather than working outside the home in which case I'd probably be unable to do much with the site!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast