Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by babylove24 View Post
    No I wasn’t vegan when I conceived my son. I am only vegan now as he has allergies which mean because I am nursing I can’t have the dairy and eggs. And then I cut meat out 4 months ago for the sway. I do have a very high white carb diet and a lot of sugar. I can’t really afford to lose anymore weight so hard to know what to do.
    I do have a doctors appointment today though so hoping to have some bloods done.
    You may have lost too much weight and that's why ovulation is delayed. Your body may think pregnancy isn't the right idea at the moment so it's holding off on ovulation. It sucks, I know I've been there. I lost way too much weight the first few months of swaying.

I'm also thinking it's not just the weightloss but the diet that's delaying ovulation. If you absolutely cannot afford to lose anymore weight and are only exercising three times a week then you should drop it. The PCOS version of the diet might be better for you in terms of helping ovulation to get going again. I'm hoping Atomic will see your post and give her two cents.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

2. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmom View Post
    You may have lost too much weight and that's why ovulation is delayed. Your body may think pregnancy isn't the right idea at the moment so it's holding off on ovulation. It sucks, I know I've been there. I lost way too much weight the first few months of swaying.

I'm also thinking it's not just the weightloss but the diet that's delaying ovulation. If you absolutely cannot afford to lose anymore weight and are only exercising three times a week then you should drop it. The PCOS version of the diet might be better for you in terms of helping ovulation to get going again. I'm hoping Atomic will see your post and give her two cents.
    Thank you so much! Atomic has been chatting to me on my private forum so she is aware :-) she suggested not changing my diet for the moment. I will just have to keep up my calories and be patient!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ladies, thank you for your replies. My doctor sent me for lots of blood tests so will see if they come back showing anything. Although now there has been a new development! - I have some pinkish/red/brown mucus (sorry tmi!) so not sure what this may be. I definitely never got a positive opk. But it also doesn’t feel like my period is coming. Will just have to wait and see.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Girl View Post
    Hi babylove24!

I’m vegan too. The longer I was on the diet (PCOS version) the long it took for me to ovulate. I then took Clomid which brought my ovulation closer, but shortened my Luteal Phase. With hindsight (and advice from Atomic), I can see that I swayed too hard and lost too much weight. I’m taking a month off to gain a bit of weight back before trying again.

I’ve read about seed rotation to help balance hormones which I’m trying. You have 1T ground flaxseed and 1T pumpkin seeds a day to help with ovulation, then once you’ve ovulated you have 1T sesame seeds and 1T sunflower seeds a day to increase progesterone (which would help maintain a pregnancy). I’ve only just started so can’t yet comment on whether it’s successful, but I needed to increase my fat intake so this seemed like a good way to help with that too.

I saw my doctor about my low progesterone but she was useless. I asked if I could do anything to help increase my progesterone levels naturally and she just said ‘no’. I’m a firm believer in that your diet and lifestyle determines your health. Sometimes it’s just a matter of working out what exactly the issue is. For me I think it’s that my fat intake was a bit too low.

Let us know how you get on.
    Thanks LA girl! It’s so disheartening isn’t it. But yea I think we probably swayed to hard. Does Atomic think the seed rotation is a good idea? Will be interesting to see how it helps you :-) I have my fingers crossed for you :-)

6. Thanks LA_Girl thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, I don't think seed rotation is a good idea.

Flaxseed has firstly delayed ovulation for blue swayers who were using it. Secondly it was supposed to sway BLUE. And thirdly, flaxseed has been recently shown to be harmful during pregnancy and thus I am very wary of having any of you guys use it since we don't know how long the effects last.

I strongly, strongly, STRONGLY recommend that non-vegans use the 1 serving full fat dairy a day/4-6 eggs a week (plus salmon or red meat for some people who have been on diet a really long time, but I don't use that for everyone.) to help raise progesterone.

Vegans need coconut oil or palm FRUIT oil (not palm oil or palm kernel oil), olive oil, avocado and avocado oil. Eating some more seed and nuts is ok but I don't think there's any magic to eating large amounts of some seeds at some times of the month and large amounts of other seeds at other times because those lignans and phytoestrogens they are talking up can actually INTERFERE with your hormones. Your body gets confused by phytoestrogens, they act like estrogen in the body but they aren't estrogen and so you can actually end up with lower estrogen because the phytoestrogens not only compete with real estrogen for the estrogen receptors, but your body detects the phytoestrogens and makes less estrogen thinking "eh I have enough of that already."

Sorry I have to continue this on another post, my computer is being a brat today
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; March 3rd, 2018 at 02:41 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

8. Thanks LA_Girl thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Now sometimes, for SOME people who really were too high in estrogen to start with, this can translate into more raw materialls to make progesterone with, but the vast majority of people doing the LE Diet have low ESTROGEN EVEN when you have a short luteal phase. Why?? Because the way your cycle works, is that you only rely on progesterone alone for 7 DPO at which point the corpus luteum starts to break down and so your body releases a big burst of estrogen yet again that helps to maintain the uterine lining another few days until a pregnancy can signal to the body to stop the CL from breaking down and start making progesterone again to sustain a pregnancy.

That estrogen during CD 7-10 is CRITICAL. So flooding your body with things that supposedly "raise progesterone" (which sorry but I'm with the doctor on this - there is nothing you can do during the LUTEAL PHASE after ovulation that will help make progesterone, it's too late at that point - diet can help but NOT something you eat after ovulation!!!!)that may interfere with your body's ability to make estrogen will be like throwing gasoline on a fire. Your LP will get shorter, not longer.

I know this because I have seen it happen with people taking soy, vitex, EPO, flaxseed and flax oil, B6, various herb teas, Clomid, and several other progesterone miracle cures. They have a shortish LP of say 10 days (totally long enough to conceive with) and then suddenly their LP goes to 9, then 8, then 7 days. Because their prog is fine, it was always fine, they just didn't have enough raw materials to make the secondary estrogen surge happen.

10. Thanks LA_Girl thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by babylove24 View Post
    Thank you so much! Atomic has been chatting to me on my private forum so she is aware :-) she suggested not changing my diet for the moment. I will just have to keep up my calories and be patient!
    Yes I had gone over a lot of this already in babylove's forum so I was putting off replying! Sorry for confusion.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AAAAARGH! I've already had seeds today too! OK, I'll stop that then. I'm already on CD9 so I'm hoping I haven't messed up my cycle this month.

I also seem to have a natural affinity to do things which sway blue! Before I knew about diet and lifestyle swaying I was totally eating the HE diet. My AIM was to maximise my nutrient intake

I can easily switch to avocados/olive oil for my fat instead of seeds.

It does make me wonder if I can possibly have a girl, given that I seem drawn to do everything the blue way!

Thanks for the input Atomic.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just run it past me first, LA Girl! That's what I'm here for, it doesn't bother me at all, and honestly it totally HELPS me to realize things that people are doing or considering doing so I can add them to the Complete Index.

SOME seeds are fine (well except the flax which is ok in occasional dietary use only) but just not in medicinal quantities.

Trust me, that's how so many of us boy moms are - we want to do things the best, healthiest way, just our nature. But we can still get girls!

14. Thanks LA_Girl thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12