Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pregnancy symptoms

Hey guys I’m reposting this at the request of atomic since there’s some glitch with my last one. Sorry!

I’m having a tough time right about now because I’ve got myself convinced that this new bean (I’m only 10 weeks) is a girl because it’s totally opposite from my boy pregnancies. My first 2 were very similar. For instance, with my boys I craved meat, chicken wings, nachos, and bbq things like chips. With this one I can’t eat any meat at all, only veggies, fruit, and sweet things like cake and cookies. I will be enormous at the end of this one because I’m like cake for breakfast! Cake for lunch! Cake cake cake!! I was nauseous with my boys but it was worst in the morning and got better as the day went on. This time I’m pretty fine in the morning and then extremely ill from about 2pm until I give up and go to bed. I’m basically useless. Boys: I was super warm all the time. This one I’m freezing. It’s like I have a chill I can’t get rid of and I need to take a super hot shower one or two times a day to feel warm.

I really could go on and on but anything you can think of, whatever it is, it’s just the exact opposite than with my boys. So while I went into this pregnancy very calm saying I know I want another baby and either would be great....now I’m feeling like I want a girl more than ever. I keep on accidentally referring to the baby as “she” and I keep thinking about gender specific things but all “girl” stuff. It’s weird and annoying because now I think I may be setting myself up. I just need a little talking down. Bring me back to reality. I know this baby could very possibly be a boy and I do not want to have any moment of disappointment if that’s the case. I dunno...help!
    Thanks

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    NO don't apologize, it's on our end, just haven't been able to figure out how to fix it. :/

Symptoms do not predict gender. I have seen 1,234,567 people by now obsessing over their symptoms and it does not work in any reliable way to tell them what gender they are having. People have totally different pregnancies with the same gender, exactly identical pregnancies with different genders, they crave this thing or that thing and it does not work for telling them their baby's gender and sets people up constantly for false hope or false despair - they get their hopes up or are crushed when they shouldn't be! Even if it was reliable for like 25% of people (which it isn't, I just hate arguing with people who are convinced it worked for them LOL) then that's 75% of people miserable for no reason!

My two most similar pregnancies were my 2nd boy and my daughter. Those two were practically the same - very little nausea, wasn't super tired. Then my other three boys were crazy different from each other and from the 2 similar pregnancies!

Most of the first trimester, boys are not even making testosterone yet. The Y chromosome is totally dormant and biologically there really is no difference between boy and girl pregnancies. So when people think "I'm craving meat, this means I am high in testosterone" it's not even possible because the testosterone is not even being produced till the 10th week (and even then it's in small amounts). It just isn't possible to tell your baby's gender based on symptoms!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I could never ever believe symptoms ever predict gender anymore. As my fourth pregnancy, two boys, one girl and my current one which is Unknown yet (I feel girl, My intuition has always been right in my past pregnancies) but I have had exact same symptoms for all of them every step of the way! Which is close to nothing. No Nausea at all, Always have had mild cramping on one side (I now beleive it is always the side of implantation) No food aversions. Regular eating habits and always have liked my sweet snacks, just a little extra tired than usual. Basically couldnt tell Im pregnant if I didnt go looking for it so early every time and being very petite that I show super quickly. Even when I was pregnant with my daughter random people striking conversation would say Oh from how your carrying, that is for sure a boy! And Ill be thinking mm Yaaa...I really dont think so! Lol I bought "her" a dress on sale before I even knew it was a her, I just considered it a "Just in case" haha I in fact even did that with this one lol It was almost a positively certain thing for me. So thats normal to have your instincts.

So I wouldnt go by symptoms. I do feel as you do though at this point, I keep trying to bring myself to reality that just because I was right before there is ALWAYS a chance that this one is a boy, and my daughter might not get the sister she desires so badly. It is good to remember but you cant change how you feel thats okay, call her a "her" for now and quite honestly dear, if it ends up being a He, you will just stop calling him a her and will love that little man to the moon. It is so not in our control, I hear everyday of people wishing for one of a gender, its a fact of life. but I am a believer of intuition! Just be happy that it IS your intuition and that might be a good sign! A lot of people I knew that have two boys automatically have a gut feeling they will just end up having a third boy. And for some it worked out one way and others the other. I know its hard, I feel like with this one the wait will be the most unbearable of all my pregnancies, but for many other reasons. Just enjoy your pregnancy and see what happens! Good luck!
    Last edited by Blessedbymybabies; March 11th, 2018 at 06:31 PM.

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Like Atomic said, symptoms don't predict gender. My first two boys the pregnancies were similar in that I had bad morning sickness but cravings were different (one was salty/vinegary/savory foods, the other fruit/salads). With my third boy I think I really set myself up for disappointment. I really thought he could be a girl because my pregnancy with him was SO different from my other two boys. My skin was super dry/flaky with acne (I usually have nice skin while pregnant), I was obsessed with sweets and ate cinnamon rolls and other junk for breakfast quite often. I wasn't a big fan of meat and preferred carb-y foods. I also had no morning sickness which was new for me and also I was carrying differently. Overall the pregnancy was just different and I think that combined with having swayed pink, I really thought I had a good shot at a girl. Even my intuition kept saying "girl" (though I never admitted it for fear of jinxing myself lol) and I often found myself referring to the baby as "she." I was wrong though of course and had DS3. No idea what a pregnancy for me with a girl would be like but I tell you, I don't think I'll ever let my symptoms dupe me again! lol
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They say boy pregnancies crave meat/salt and girl pregnancies crave candies and sweets. Neither was true for me.

Before pregnancy I was almost vegetarian just because I didn't like the taste of meat, and I was totally crazy about sweets and couldn't get enough of them.

Then in the first trimester, I still didn't like meat, but I also stopped liking things that were very sweet. I'd eat mildly sweet things like toast with jam, and fruit, but not really sweet things like cakes and ice cream.
    born 2017 after girl sway: AI + Clomid
    born 2019 after girl sway. : AI + j&d (no Clomid)
    Due #3 Nov 2020: AI + breastfeeding

8. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have heard if u prefer lemon it is boy and if mandarine orange then it is girl i was eating tons of lemons when i expected my son and my friend she needed to eat oranges and she had a girl
    7/1/2014
    2/23/2019
    Praying for one more baby girl 2020-2021

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5eaa0f

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cravings, especially something as minor as the difference between lemons and oranges, do not predict gender.

These things are fun when people have no gender preference. When we have gender desire, they can be sources of obsession/anxiety and I really do urge you guys to set them aside because they don't tell you anything reliable.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

11. Likes Noemi2017 liked this post