Thread: Folic acid

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Folic acid

I’ve been taking one tablet of 400mcg folic acid per day. Should I be upping this and taking three of them to get me to 1200? Is the higher amount better for pink? TIA

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Interested too 👍🏼

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you guys know about our Complete Index?? http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...ete-index.html It has lots of topics in alphabetical order including a pretty indepth essay answering lots of folic/folate questions for pink swayers here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...tml#post959026 It does really help save me some time when you check the Index first!

I prefer all swayers take higher than 400 mcg folic acid. I conceived a baby with neural tube defect (which is thankfully very minor) taking a prenatal with 800 mcg and eating a super healthy diet so I know firsthand that 400 is not enough to prevent NTD all the time. Folate is better than folic if you can afford it.

Pink swayers need more because they are on a more restrictive diet. 1200-1600 for all pink swayers

Blue swayers need more because baby boys may need more folic acid and especially BB twins need more folic. Additionally blue swayers are often drinking green tea and eating more sodium which may block folic absorption. 2000 mcg for all blue swayers

Take this amount thru the first tri of pregnancy then gradually wean off by spacing doses further and further out till down to the amount in a prenatal.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Did you guys know about our Complete Index?? The COMPLETE Index!!! It has lots of topics in alphabetical order including a pretty indepth essay answering lots of folic/folate questions for pink swayers here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...tml#post959026 It does really help save me some time when you check the Index first!

I prefer all swayers take higher than 400 mcg folic acid. I conceived a baby with neural tube defect (which is thankfully very minor) taking a prenatal with 800 mcg and eating a super healthy diet so I know firsthand that 400 is not enough to prevent NTD all the time. Folate is better than folic if you can afford it.

Pink swayers need more because they are on a more restrictive diet. 1200-1600 for all pink swayers

Blue swayers need more because baby boys may need more folic acid and especially BB twins need more folic. Additionally blue swayers are often drinking green tea and eating more sodium which may block folic absorption. 2000 mcg for all blue swayers

Take this amount thru the first tri of pregnancy then gradually wean off by spacing doses further and further out till down to the amount in a prenatal.
    Atomic i just got my folic acid a bit late but anyway its 1 daily 800mcg should i take 2 a day?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would take one in the morning and one at night. Be sure to wean off at the end of the first trimester of pregnancy, back to the amount in a prenatal.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool will do thank you so much

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been taking one 800 at night and just started taking x2 last night at the same time. Should I take one am and one pm?
    DS1 September 2020
    DS2 October 2021
    DS3 June 2023
    Praying for DD

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Prayingforpink20 View Post
    I have been taking one 800 at night and just started taking x2 last night at the same time. Should I take one am and one pm?
    Yes please do

9. Likes Prayingforpink20 liked this post