Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Luck LOW BLOOD SUGAR also important in the months PRIOR to attempt??

]Is it important to keep the blood sugar low also in the 12+ weeks pf diet PRIOR to the month of the ttc attempt.?
    As I understood it is only important for the fertilized egg to be able to implant/grow easily...?
    Or does it have an effect for weight loss?

Tia

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure 100% but my understanding is to keep it low prior so your body can adjust and realise this is whats happeing now as it takes a while to affect hormone levels in body - forgive if im wrong!

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thats why no snacking is recommended as part of the le diet so sugar levels drops

5. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We don't know how exactly it all works and so yes, that's the point of the LE Diet (no snacking, overnight fast, avoiding huge meals) is to keep blood sugar low.

You don't need to do anything special to keep your blood sugar low, though. Just do the diet. Can you tell me what exactly you are thinking of doing to lower blood sugar? Most of that may not even be necessary, the diet is designed to keep blood sugar low for as much of the day as it's possible to (obviously, you need to eat sometimes!)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Parying4agirl View Post
    Not sure 100% but my understanding is to keep it low prior so your body can adjust and realise this is whats happeing now as it takes a while to affect hormone levels in body - forgive if im wrong!
    yes exactly. We don't know how any of this works, not really, only that blood sugar may play some part in it, and we also know that 12 weeks on diet has been a heck of a lot better than only 2-4 weeks. So definitely please do diet of some sort (even if not full LE Diet, at least make some changes in a pink friendly direction) for 12 weeks prior to TTC.

8. Thanks Linni thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    We don't know how exactly it all works and so yes, that's the point of the LE Diet (no snacking, overnight fast, avoiding huge meals) is to keep blood sugar low.

You don't need to do anything special to keep your blood sugar low, though. Just do the diet. Can you tell me what exactly you are thinking of doing to lower blood sugar? Most of that may not even be necessary, the diet is designed to keep blood sugar low for as much of the day as it's possible to (obviously, you need to eat sometimes!)
    Thank you so much for replying so fast, atomic! BTW You're doing a great job here, I'm following this site since 2016 when I found out we're having another boy and I googled a bit about swaying :-)

No, I'm not doing anything more to lower my blood sugar but sticking to the diet rules. I was just wondering if a low blood sugar level is only necessary in the 2ww for the egg to implant or if it is also important in the months prior the ttc month.
    So to say if it is always important to have a gap between the meals or if it's okay to eat as long as you stay at the protein and fat and cal recommendations and only fast a few hours a day when it comes to the attempt.
    (Sorry for my English, I'm from Europe :-) )

And another question: should we lose more than 1 lb per week? I'm 5,6ft tall and weigh 141lbs. I'm always the type who likes to eat anytime and anything and don't gain much weight easily. Since I'm still breastfeeding my 15m old 2-3times a day I started with 1800-2000kcal (may even be a bit more) and after 3 days I've lost 2 pounds. The few hours of no food intake kill me, I think this is the main reason why I'm losing weight. Because I always tend to eat when I'm only a liiiitle bit hungry which is every 2-3hours normally DD Guess I know why I got my 2 boys :-)

Our first attempt will be in June.

Thanks for your time!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Linni, where are u from europe? I’m from Holland

DS1 2010
    DS2 2012
    DS3 January 2020 - endometriosis - DH low motility

Due Date 23.08.2021

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it is always important, not only in the 2WW.

We don't know why gender swaying works. The idea about the development of the XX after conception is just one theory. We need to do what works for most people, most of the time, instead of trying to sway based on theories. And 12 weeks of consistent diet prior to TTC is what works for people. 2-4 weeks on diet has been bad results and so it is not a good idea to go off and on diet every 2 weeks, since 2 weeks is not effective!

The weight loss will usually taper off over time. It's not unusual to see a fairly big gain at the start that eases off over time. YOu can also try temporarily upping food to 2200 cals and then cutting back over time.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by onebigwish View Post
    Hi Linni, where are u from europe? I’m from Holland
    I‘m from Austria So speaking German!
    ttc in June

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes it is always important, not only in the 2WW.

We don't know why gender swaying works. The idea about the development of the XX after conception is just one theory. We need to do what works for most people, most of the time, instead of trying to sway based on theories. And 12 weeks of consistent diet prior to TTC is what works for people. 2-4 weeks on diet has been bad results and so it is not a good idea to go off and on diet every 2 weeks, since 2 weeks is not effective!

The weight loss will usually taper off over time. It's not unusual to see a fairly big gain at the start that eases off over time. YOu can also try temporarily upping food to 2200 cals and then cutting back over time.
    Ok, I also thought so.
    I will reply if it worked for me
    ttc in June

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast