Thread: PCOS and keto

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

PCOS and keto

I’ve been seeing (not on here) a lot of women that have PCOS and doing keto having girls! If diagnosed with PCOS would you think a keto diet would be better? (Trying to get tested for PCOS before conceiving) any input would be greatly appreciated

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The two best things for helping with PCOS are 1. Cutting out sugar and simple carbs and 2. Losing weight.

On a keto diet you cut out sugar and simple carbs, and you generally lose weight, so because of that it would be a lot better than a standard American diet for a woman with PCOS wanting to get pregnant. However, I don't believe that keto is very healthy in general, and I think it's too extreme, and hard to stick to. I tried a keto diet once and only got about 5 days in because I did not have the energy to do my runs. Then I changed it to eating keto for breakfast + lunch and having whole wheat pasta for dinner, and I felt great. So I believe that everyone should eat 1 - 2 servings of whole grains a day.

In terms of swaying girl, I'm skeptical about keto diet helping. Usually keto dieters eat a lot of meat, and that sways boy.
    born 2017 after girl sway: AI + Clomid
    born 2019 after girl sway. : AI + j&d (no Clomid)
    Due #3 Nov 2020: AI + breastfeeding

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't like keto diets prior to pregnancy. Do I think they can work for swaying pink, yes, but I do not think they are either reliable for swaying (it's all too easy to start cheating on more and more carbs and then whammo you're right back into the boy zone) and additionally I am unconvinced that they are safe pre-pregnancy and also that they are beneficial for fertility. A LOT of women have had their menstrual cycles stop all together on keto diets.

I want you guys on the PCOS-type LE Diets that I designed. That's why I made them. I did a lot of research and reading and I believe they are flat out better in every way - for safe pregnancy, for fertility, and for swaying pink. https://genderdreaming.com/forum/gen...rt-3-pcos.html
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Likes Prayingforagirl67 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsEnglish View Post

In terms of swaying girl, I'm skeptical about keto diet helping. Usually keto dieters eat a lot of meat, and that sways boy.
    Not only that, but let's say a person thinks they're doing "keto" but then they want to drink a bunch of cranberry juice because they heard it sways pink. Right then and there they are going to be ruining their ketosis. Or they think "well atomic says cheating is ok" but you CAN"T cheat on keto ever. Or they have a moment of weakness and eat a leftover half sandwich from their toddler's lunch. These things happen and even if there was some magic pink sway effect of keto (which who knows, there may be) it is SUPER easy to mess it up (and it costs SOOOO much money to do it right.)

I am all about the real-world applications and the real world applications of keto is that many people who think they're doing it, aren't doing it right, and thus, no keto. It is all too easy to eat meat and nuts and berries and leafy greens and even though you're not eating as many carbs as you were before, you are DOING A BLUE SWAY DIET THEN.

And this doesn't even go into the safety and the effects on fertility of keto diets which are a big concern.

I just cannot sign off on it for pink sways. I can see how it could be possible to get girls doing keto, but I do not think that it's anyone's best, highest chance of getting a girl.

6. Likes Prayingforagirl67 liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the responses! I honestly don’t think I could even stick to keto if I wanted to, I love my carbs,as much as I hate to admit it! Lol I’m sticking with the PCOS diet, I have been doing better on it!

Atomic I’ve been meaning to ask but haven’t been able to get on here for a bit, I stopped tracking what I’m eating, I’m not going hog wild with eating, still dieting and trying to stay within limits. It’s been a lot less stressful (I was definitely making this swaying a project) my question is without getting to rambles if I happen to go over on protein or fat here and there unknowingly due to not tracking would that be worse then sticking within limits and treating the sway like a project? I don’t know if that makes sense, since I stopped tracking I haven’t been driving myself AS crazy as before, granted I don’t know my exact numbers but I don’t feel like I’m eating too too much. I’ve also been cutting down a lot on meat, do you HAVE to eat meat on the PCOS diet? (I feel funny asking thi in the keto thread!) I’m just trying to get onto a diet I can stick with, and I know I can stick with little to no meat.
    Sorry this got all over the place! It’s all stuff I’ve been meaning to ask but haven’t had the time to get in and ask!

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The main reason I like people to track is to prevent them from eating too LITTLE. I find that people who aren't tracking often will cut back further and further without really intending to until they practically develop eating disorders. EAting too much is better than eating too little, because there's really no magic to the upper limits of LE Diet, the important thing is that you're eating less than you were before, especially when you got boys.

I can't tell you what is worse, this or that. I just don't have the info. Of course you already know that cheating now and then is 100% allowed and I don't want you obsessing constantly over diet so as far as I'm concerned it's all good (as long as you're eating enough)

Re meat on PCOS Diet - no, you can do the diet fully vegetarian especially for those who do not have moderate to severe PCOS. People who DO have mod/sev. PCOS will very likely be getting too many carbs if they try to cut meat out totally. But the rest of people who are on the alternate diet more as a preemptive strike can try cutting out meat mostly and seeing how it goes. If you find you don't lose weight or gain it, or that your cycles get inexplicably long (so you're still eating adequate cals and fat, but your cycle gets really long anyway) or that you develop any other signs of PCOS like new body hair or really bad acne or many days of positive OPK strips we may need to cut back on carbs.

10. Likes Prayingforagirl67 liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Totally understandable! Tracking for me was much worse then not tracking, I’d obsess over everything I ate and if I got close to limits I’d cut back so much to the point of under eating and being miserable and completely binging and feeling horrible. While I’m definitely not doing fantastic on the diet I’m not obsessing so much about limits and I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing... I’ve mostly been doing LE style 50% of the time and the other 50% of the time I’m doing Le PCOS style dieting with cheats here and there.
    I’m trying to do what’s doable to the point of not driving myself nuts and becoming miserable!

I’m going to be slowly switching the vegetarian, I’m still having small portions of chicken and red meat only on cheats. I’ve always lost weight being vegetarian actually more so then when I eat meat!
    I’m definitely eating a lot less then I was when I had my son, like probably 1,000 calories less, with that being said I’m eating quite a bit more then when o was originally swaying before my loss, still within limits.
    I’m hoping I’m doing enough because while I’m not doing perfect on diet, im no longer miserable and driving myself crazy over everything I eat!

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    that is a good thing! Carry on!!!

14. Likes Prayingforagirl67 liked this post