Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Reassurance about alcohol

This is a bit of a crazy post and it’s becUse I’m very hormonal! But I’ve been worrying about alcohol raising estrogen. I suspect I may already have high estrogen (though I don’t *know*) and slightly elevated testosterone too (which I do know). I just want to be told to snap out of worryin about this becUse the important thing is declining maternal condition over estrogen. That’s true right? Alcohol has been a big part of my sway - which I was really happy with until I suddenly had this freak out! Tia

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We do not even know that high estrogen OR high testosterone even sway. So not only do you not know that you have high estrogen (and please take everything you have read online about "estrogen dominance" and flush it since virtually all of it is garbage and the little that isn't garbage, is only applicable to women after menopause), you do not know that any of it affects your sway even if you DID have high estrogen. The stuff about the hormone levels has always had a paucity of data in support of it anyway, and additionally our results and experiences over the past 8 years on this site have gone a LONG way towards debunking it even more (after all, Clomid raises testosterone, but sways pink!)

I have a much more in depth treatment of the scientific claims here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...s-swaying.html

Beyond that, the diet and stuff will lower hormone levels ANYWAY. and I think we talked about this already but when you are reading about things online that apply to PCOSers - such as "All PCOSers need to avoid coffee and alcohol" you have got to view that in the light of, most people with PCOS are not that willing to change their diets and stuff, and so they're really addressing people who are eating a poor diet and not exercising and are quite overweight, then in addition to that are also drinking and having alcohol. So yes, maybe, for that group of people, ANYthing they can get rid of is going to only help. But when you have already changed numerous things in your diet, coffee and alcohol will not matter, because you have already done all this really beneficial stuff for your PCO anyway. So, even IF (and that is a BIG IF) coffee and alcohol really are harmful for PCOS in some way (which I seriously doubt for the reasons I spell out in my link up there - they are actually possibly beneficial for LOWERING blood sugar) it doesn't matter because you still end up ahead of the game from the other changes you've made already.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic you are fabulous. This is exactly what I needed to get me out of this slump - thanks for the reassurance. You’ve saved my Saturday :-)

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post